Merchandise & Playing Kits

Bit disappointing that the club hasn't offered the 20/21 home strip as part of their Black Friday sale.

I was looking at buying one for Jnr Wanderboy for Christmas. Looks like they have missed out on a sale.

You would think that the club would consider offering as much as possible for a flash sale, and take into account what a **** year it has been for their fans. Oh well. 

I've suffered financially, just like the club has. Even just a 5 or 10% discount and I probably would have bought it. I certainly ain't buying him some discounted striped yellow away socks. 

https://wanderersshop.com.au/sale/?utm_source=eDM&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=Black-Friday-2020&utm_term=&utm_content=&j=309436&sfmc_sub=100911446&l=32_HTML&u=7421953&mid=7277320&jb=162 

Edited by Wanderboy
3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Bit disappointing that the club hasn't offered the 20/21 home strip as part of their Black Friday sale.

I was looking at buying one for Jnr Wanderboy for Christmas. Looks like they have missed out on a sale.

You would think that the club would consider offering as much as possible for a flash sale, and take into account what a **** year it has been for their fans. Oh well. 

I've suffered financially, just like the club has. Even just a 5 or 10% discount and I probably would have bought it. I certainly ain't buying him some discounted striped yellow away socks. 

https://wanderersshop.com.au/sale/?utm_source=eDM&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=Black-Friday-2020&utm_term=&utm_content=&j=309436&sfmc_sub=100911446&l=32_HTML&u=7421953&mid=7277320&jb=162 

The sale is on the old Nike stock.

I bought the black coaches polo for Christmas. 

List price $40. Sale price $32. Postage $10. So the sale basically paid for postage. I can't get to the WSW HQ to pick up so had pay postage. 

And on the yellow trim, I think Nike insisted. I sent a message to the club management that i wouldn't buy anything with yellow trim

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, pseudonym said:

Just got a reply from the club:

"That's correct, if a major partner is announced all jerseys would have the partner logo on the front.

There may be some circumstances where the partner logo isn't printed on the jersey, however the intention is for all jerseys to have the major partner on the front".

Eo1hNNcVoAAJQmk?format=png&name=small

I actually don't mind how it looks on the jersey. Not too big so fits in well with the red hoop and the white goes with the Kappa logo and collar.

Plus some creative marketing could tie the logo in with a goal celebration or a Lopar save.

2 minutes ago, mack said:

Will be of importance to @Wanderboy and others.

Club have said the kits will be going out this week. Apparently they've waited so they can put the sponsor on the front.

Cheers mate.

I rang the club again today. First 3 times, I was on hold for 4 minutes at a time, and then a recorded message came up saying that "connection to line zero is unavailable. Please leave a message now".  I finally got through to the lovely girl on attempt 4. (At least Vedran kept me company while I was on hold (recorded message), but it was a shame I didn't get a chance to tell him he'd be a better keeper if he cut out the brain farts. :)

Anyway, the girl in "merchandise" explained that they have been waiting for the sponsor transfer stickers to come in to put on the jerseys. She didn't tell me that last week when she just towed the company line. She said they would start doing it this afternoon, and then start getting the orders out from tomorrow. I should have my order delivered by Friday apparently.

As for my two membership packs, they come from an organized contractor, so can't be sent with my order. Fair enough. But...…. when did we auto renew?  September perhaps? Or was it October? Can't remember. One would think 2-3 months would be plenty of time to get these out before the season start date.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the girl I spoke to in the merchandise department. She sounds run off her feet and is doing the best she can. I was actually again very polite. Seems like a bit of department cost cutting going on, despite this probably being their busiest time of the year. I suppose we have to pay for Troisi somehow.

My home jersey arrived

Thoughts:

Sizing: fits about the same as the Nike jerseys (I order large)

Fabric: slightly thinner than the Nike jerseys

Logos: The Voltaren name is heat pressed onto the shirt but wearing it you don't feel that as much as the JD logo

The badge and gold star: *warning* - the badge and gold star are made of a slightly heavier plastic which is glued onto the shirt - The club has put a sticker on the badge advising people to turn the shirt inside out before putting it in the washing machine

IMAG0062.jpg

2 hours ago, pseudonym said:

My home jersey arrived

Thoughts:

Sizing: fits about the same as the Nike jerseys (I order large)

Fabric: slightly thinner than the Nike jerseys

Logos: The Voltaren name is heat pressed onto the shirt but wearing it you don't feel that as much as the JD logo

The badge and gold star: *warning* - the badge and gold star are made of a slightly heavier plastic which is glued onto the shirt - The club has put a sticker on the badge advising people to turn the shirt inside out before putting it in the washing machine

IMAG0062.jpg

Jesus

On 15/12/2020 at 5:20 PM, Wanderboy said:

Cheers mate.

I rang the club again today. First 3 times, I was on hold for 4 minutes at a time, and then a recorded message came up saying that "connection to line zero is unavailable. Please leave a message now".  I finally got through to the lovely girl on attempt 4. (At least Vedran kept me company while I was on hold (recorded message), but it was a shame I didn't get a chance to tell him he'd be a better keeper if he cut out the brain farts. :)

Anyway, the girl in "merchandise" explained that they have been waiting for the sponsor transfer stickers to come in to put on the jerseys. She didn't tell me that last week when she just towed the company line. She said they would start doing it this afternoon, and then start getting the orders out from tomorrow. I should have my order delivered by Friday apparently.

As for my two membership packs, they come from an organized contractor, so can't be sent with my order. Fair enough. But...…. when did we auto renew?  September perhaps? Or was it October? Can't remember. One would think 2-3 months would be plenty of time to get these out before the season start date.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the girl I spoke to in the merchandise department. She sounds run off her feet and is doing the best she can. I was actually again very polite. Seems like a bit of department cost cutting going on, despite this probably being their busiest time of the year. I suppose we have to pay for Troisi somehow.

So, since this post on Tuesday, I have heard nothing.

I rang the merchandise department again at 3 pm. Just got a call back and I am lost for words.

Edited by Wanderboy
3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I wouldn’t have been lost for words on the phone...

Well, I was.

Despite my frustration, I was very patient. I'm hoping that my simple requests may come to fruition.

Other than that, I'm not sure I can say much more other than the membership department are working their arses off.

7 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Well, I was.

Despite my frustration, I was very patient. I'm hoping that my simple requests may come to fruition.

Other than that, I'm not sure I can say much more other than the membership department are working their arses off.

Yeah..sometimes..not very often...i turn in to my old man and let rip. You should see my son move and do something when I do though lol

Sometimes it is necessary...sometimes ill-judged...but almost always puts a ******* rocket up someone's backside. It the boro way let people ******* you over know about it :D

Edited by Smoggy

I have received my membership pack!

I think it was close to being perfect. Here's what's in it (spoiler tag so y'all can be surprised if you want)

Spoiler
  • Black WSW cap - other than the club crest and the 'member 20/21' on the back, it is plain. No stupidly designed and awkward advertising on the side of my head when I'm wearing this cap.
  • Clear tote bag with handles - not the zippy pull ones, but like a mini Woolies/Coles bag with the new season motto: "No matter what, we are Wanderers" (which I'm not really a fan of but anyway)
  • Lanyard - classic red and black design that feels heavy when you lift it up. Seems pretty sturdy.
  • Sticker set
  • Letter from Membership Services team
  • 2021 Calendar - first thought, "Where are the fixtures?????" Plus the magnet on the back isn't even rectangular
  • Membership card - doesn't feel flimsy but the reverse side is like an aquamarine/turquoise?

No cheapo plasticy scarf, no sponsor logo on everything, it's very plain and hence quite a classic and classy membership pack. Few stumbles like the poor quality calendar and I'm not sold on the season motto but overall it's one of my favourite ones in years.

2 hours ago, Unlimited said:

I have received my membership pack!

I think it was close to being perfect. Here's what's in it (spoiler tag so y'all can be surprised if you want)

Reveal hidden contents
  • Black WSW cap - other than the club crest and the 'member 20/21' on the back, it is plain. No stupidly designed and awkward advertising on the side of my head when I'm wearing this cap.
  • Clear tote bag with handles - not the zippy pull ones, but like a mini Woolies/Coles bag with the new season motto: "No matter what, we are Wanderers" (which I'm not really a fan of but anyway)
  • Lanyard - classic red and black design that feels heavy when you lift it up. Seems pretty sturdy.
  • Sticker set
  • Letter from Membership Services team
  • 2021 Calendar - first thought, "Where are the fixtures?????" Plus the magnet on the back isn't even rectangular
  • Membership card - doesn't feel flimsy but the reverse side is like an aquamarine/turquoise?

No cheapo plasticy scarf, no sponsor logo on everything, it's very plain and hence quite a classic and classy membership pack. Few stumbles like the poor quality calendar and I'm not sold on the season motto but overall it's one of my favourite ones in years.

On the member card, it’s a protective film you’re meant to peel off. I’m guessing it’s to make sure the barcode doesn’t get damaged.

I thought the same thing as you when I got mine and was a bit disappointed as it was already peeling off at the edges. Realised what it was, pulled it off and it’s a lot more normal.

I also noticed the card no longer has the statement about free public transport to and from games.

Disappointed the calendar doesn’t have a fixture list and I’ll never use the bag. I’ve always said if they gave the option to only get the card and knock a few bucks off the membership price I’d take that every time.

I noticed Unlimited's comment re the season motto , "No matter what, we are Wanderers"

It's very uninspiring, I must say.

OK...it's a variation of "Win or lose we will always follow you", but these days, it seems more wishful thinking than a statement of commitment.

Can't see myself using the bumper sticker. :unknw:

So, after all the phone calls politely requesting that my merchandise that I ordered on Dec 3 and paid priority post for be delivered before Christmas, the stuff finally came today. Thankfully. I can now give young Wanderboy his Christmas present on Friday.

I must say though, it was an ordeal, and the delivery wouldn't have happened without the amazing efforts of the lady I spoke to in merchandise. She continued to thank me for being so patient and commended me on being so polite, also saying that the majority of callers wanting their merchandise before Chrissy had been rude and abusive. (I'm looking at you @Smoggy :P ). I actually had my order fast tracked by a courier instead of the priority Australia Post that I paid for. This lady was exemplary in her dealing with me and deserves a ******* pay rise.

I will be sending the club an email strongly singing her praises.

Also, I got the very strong impression that cost cutting within the club is causing a lot of the issues. I can't say who that is order is coming from, regardless to say, I have formed my own impression of who it may be.

Anyway, I received my priority paid merchandise in 20 days, finally. Y WB will be happy on Friday and we'll be at the game on Sunday.

PS. Our membership packs arrived yesterday. Something else to put into his Christmas stocking.

Edited by Wanderboy
17 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

So, after all the phone calls politely requesting that my merchandise that I ordered on Dec 3 and paid priority post for be delivered before Christmas, the stuff finally came today. Thankfully. I can now give young Wanderboy his Christmas present on Friday.

I must say though, it was an ordeal, and the delivery wouldn't have happened without the amazing efforts of the lady I spoke to in merchandise. She continued to thank me for being so patient and commended me on being so polite, also saying that the majority of callers wanting their merchandise before Chrissy had been rude and abusive. (I'm looking at you @Smoggy :P ). I actually had my order fast tracked by a courier instead of the priority Australia Post that I paid for. This lady was exemplary in her dealing with me and deserves a ******* pay rise.

I will be sending the club an email strongly singing her praises.

Also, I got the very strong impression that cost cutting within the club is causing a lot of the issues. I can't say who that is order is coming from, regardless to say, I have formed my own impression of who it may be.

Anyway, I received my priority paid merchandise in 20 days, finally. Y WB will be happy on Friday and we'll be at the game on Sunday.

PS. Our membership packs arrived yesterday. Something else to put into his Christmas stocking.

Hope the shirt is the right size when he opens it after all this lol

Also wouldn't be me calling as couldn't be arsed about merch this season.

Edited by Smoggy
  • 4 weeks later...
  • mack changed the title to Merchandise & Playing Kits