Jump to content
mack

Jean-Paul de Marigny Departs Wanderers

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Apart from last Friday's defeat, albeit with some key players missing, which other NPL teams 'pumped' us this season?

Sydney United put 4 past us.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

As someone who has taken Mainz to currently 2nd on the Bundesliga table, signed Jan Oblak to be GK, and current Europa League and DFB Pokal champions (2031-32 season) on FIFA 20 career mode, I would like to put my hand up for the vacant managerial position.

Otherwise, I am also happy to make my professional debut as a goalkeeper for the club if they send me a contract. I am happy to play for minimum wage as mandated by the PFA agreement. I am also happy with any squad number less than 100.

....and as manager  of Puns FC....who have just won the Plate AND Seat PLUS AFC Quali..........I feel I should throw my hat into the ring......:D

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, mack said:

Sydney United put 4 past us.

That's about it....we even managed to be the only team to defeat the Minor Premiers

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Apart from last Friday's defeat, albeit with some key players missing, which other NPL teams 'pumped' us this season?

I thought the Sydney United and Mt Druitt games werent very convincing at all. Academy 'talents' such as Grozos can now barely find the back of the net from a yard out.

Yes, most of the games weren't beltings but I can't feel inspired at all when players who are promoted to the first team struggle to win games at NPL level. A fair few of the players promoted didn't even play in the 1st grade NPL team.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

Share this post


Link to post

I’d happily take Aloisi now that his brother can’t come with him as an assistant anymore. I think Ross has been John’s Achilles heal throughout his managerial career cause he’s more interested in abusing people up and down the sideline and carrying on like a ****wit. With a calmer head next to him, John can really reach his potential now

Share this post


Link to post

2020....the year just keeps giving.:P

Share this post


Link to post

seriously what do we think of Jurgen Klinsmann? he was great in actua soccer 2 and has some decent coaching credentials but i cant imagine our club wanting to spend any money

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Neverbloom said:

seriously what do we think of Jurgen Klinsmann? he was great in actua soccer 2 and has some decent coaching credentials but i cant imagine our club wanting to spend any money

Ernie Merrick could surely be a cheaper shout who has reasonable success in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Ernie Merrick could surely be a cheaper shout who has reasonable success in the league.

that is true, i always found his kinda football boring but it mostly worked

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

that is true, i always found his kinda football boring but it mostly worked

his Newcastle side in the year they got robbed by Victory was exciting. They had a really young Mcgree and some Argentinian bloke who was incredible, very skilful and was entertaining to watch.

If we get Merrick there is an Aussie goalkeeper who just got his contract released in Saudi Arabia I think who was the keeper at the Jets at the time (Jack Duncan).

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
Goalkeeper Name

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

his Newcastle side in the year they got robbed by Victory was exciting. They had a really young Mcgree and some Argentinian bloke who was incredible, very skilful and was entertaining to watch.

If we get Merrick there is an Aussie goalkeeper who just got his contract released in Saudi Arabia I think who was the keeper at the Jets at the time.

honestly i was mostly thinking about his victory and wellington sides which were imo boring, forgot about newcastle

Share this post


Link to post

I heard a rumour a few weeks back now that when the club announced Patrick Zwaanswijk as Assistant Coach a few months ago, JP was never told and had never actually met him.

How the f*ck can you hire an assistant coach to work with the boss, if the boss doesn't know about it.

It shows exactly where the club is right now. An absolute mess.

Lederer Out.
JT Out.

Share this post


Link to post

The Club announcement included:

There will be some expected changes happening at the club in the coming days, and it is very important that we undergo these to ensure that we have a successful 2020/21 season and return back to where we belong," said Tsatsimas.

“We will continue to build towards the long-term sustainability of this football club both on and off the field, and most importantly, push for success.

“We would like to thank JP for his contribution to the club during these unprecedented times and expect to make some announcements in the coming days that will assist with our goals as a football club.”

Could this all be a result of the club's  full top to bottom review?

And Bossi alert, he says:

 sources close to De Marigny say that issues re recruitment, support staff, season planning and personal  differences with other coaches had risen in recent months

Share this post


Link to post

Oh god no.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/aloisi-among-favourites-for-vacant-wanderers-job

John Aloisi has emerged among the contenders to replace Jean-Paul de Marigny after the surprise exit of the Western Sydney Wanderers head coach.

Former Wanderers assistant Hayden Foxe, whose future at Perth Glory is unclear following the departure for Greece of Tony Popovic, has also been mooted as possibility, with recently appointed Wanderland assistant Patrick Zwaanswijk an outsider in the field.

De Marigny, 56, was just three months into his tenure as permanent head coach when a short club statement on Monday announced his departure, with immediate effect, just three days before pre-season training is due to commence.

Club sources claim de Marigny had been dissatisfied for some time over the level of support he was receiving regarding potential signings and shaping the future direction of the under-achieving team.

It’s understood his input also was not sought on the appointment of Zwaanswijk, the former Mariners defensive stalwart who was part of the Young Socceroos set up before being brought on board by the Wanderers hierarchy.

Former golden generation Socceroo Aloisi, who was close to landing the Melbourne Victory job which eventually went to Grant Brebner, has been looking to return to the A-League since quitting as Brisbane Roar coach just 10 games into 2018-2019 season.

He had become disillusioned by the financial hurdles hampering the club from striving for the success they enjoyed under Ange Postecoglou.

In his first year he missed out on the Premier’s Plate by a single point, and followed that up with third and sixth place finishes before tendering his resignation.

Wanderers are expected to name their new coach in the coming days.

Both the Wanderers and Aloisi were contacted for comment.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, mack said:

Oh god no.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/aloisi-among-favourites-for-vacant-wanderers-job

John Aloisi has emerged among the contenders to replace Jean-Paul de Marigny after the surprise exit of the Western Sydney Wanderers head coach.

Former Wanderers assistant Hayden Foxe, whose future at Perth Glory is unclear following the departure for Greece of Tony Popovic, has also been mooted as possibility, with recently appointed Wanderland assistant Patrick Zwaanswijk an outsider in the field.

De Marigny, 56, was just three months into his tenure as permanent head coach when a short club statement on Monday announced his departure, with immediate effect, just three days before pre-season training is due to commence.

Club sources claim de Marigny had been dissatisfied for some time over the level of support he was receiving regarding potential signings and shaping the future direction of the under-achieving team.

It’s understood his input also was not sought on the appointment of Zwaanswijk, the former Mariners defensive stalwart who was part of the Young Socceroos set up before being brought on board by the Wanderers hierarchy.

Former golden generation Socceroo Aloisi, who was close to landing the Melbourne Victory job which eventually went to Grant Brebner, has been looking to return to the A-League since quitting as Brisbane Roar coach just 10 games into 2018-2019 season.

He had become disillusioned by the financial hurdles hampering the club from striving for the success they enjoyed under Ange Postecoglou.

In his first year he missed out on the Premier’s Plate by a single point, and followed that up with third and sixth place finishes before tendering his resignation.

Wanderers are expected to name their new coach in the coming days.

Both the Wanderers and Aloisi were contacted for comment.

it is the world game so dont know how much we can trust it but seems like something our club would do

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, mack said:

Oh god no.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/aloisi-among-favourites-for-vacant-wanderers-job

John Aloisi has emerged among the contenders to replace Jean-Paul de Marigny after the surprise exit of the Western Sydney Wanderers head coach.

Former Wanderers assistant Hayden Foxe, whose future at Perth Glory is unclear following the departure for Greece of Tony Popovic, has also been mooted as possibility, with recently appointed Wanderland assistant Patrick Zwaanswijk an outsider in the field.

De Marigny, 56, was just three months into his tenure as permanent head coach when a short club statement on Monday announced his departure, with immediate effect, just three days before pre-season training is due to commence.

Club sources claim de Marigny had been dissatisfied for some time over the level of support he was receiving regarding potential signings and shaping the future direction of the under-achieving team.

It’s understood his input also was not sought on the appointment of Zwaanswijk, the former Mariners defensive stalwart who was part of the Young Socceroos set up before being brought on board by the Wanderers hierarchy.

Former golden generation Socceroo Aloisi, who was close to landing the Melbourne Victory job which eventually went to Grant Brebner, has been looking to return to the A-League since quitting as Brisbane Roar coach just 10 games into 2018-2019 season.

He had become disillusioned by the financial hurdles hampering the club from striving for the success they enjoyed under Ange Postecoglou.

In his first year he missed out on the Premier’s Plate by a single point, and followed that up with third and sixth place finishes before tendering his resignation.

Wanderers are expected to name their new coach in the coming days.

Both the Wanderers and Aloisi were contacted for comment.

So why would he want to come here.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I'd take Hayden Foxe to be honest, he didn't lose in his 6-7 games coaching us after Popa ditched.

Yeah but he only won 1 a-league game from 5, he lost a FFA Cup Semi-Final while looking completely out of his depth as a coach. We couldn't keep a clean sheet to save our lives.

Share this post


Link to post

Do we just put the job out to tenure and hire who ever is the cheapest.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, mack said:

Yeah but he only won 1 a-league game from 5, he lost a FFA Cup Semi-Final while looking completely out of his depth as a coach. We couldn't keep a clean sheet to save our lives.

I'd agree...in many respects similar to JPD

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, mack said:

Yeah but he only won 1 a-league game from 5, he lost a FFA Cup Semi-Final while looking completely out of his depth as a coach. We couldn't keep a clean sheet to save our lives.

To be fair he did draw about 5-6 games in a row after the win so I will probably agree with you.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

Share this post


Link to post

I think if he took over straight away, then maybe he might have been decent for a season to see how he did, but he's been gone years now and afaik hasn't made a single expression of interest in a head coaching role.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeh, the email did say "announcements" so there's a few things changing.

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, mack said:

Yeah but he only won 1 a-league game from 5, he lost a FFA Cup Semi-Final while looking completely out of his depth as a coach. We couldn't keep a clean sheet to save our lives.

exactly. Everyone just looks at the "results". They forget the games.

The game we won was Rd1 and that was more the players putting in a huge shift as an FU to Popa and sticking together. Foxe threw away a 2-0 lead to SFC by refusing to do any subs and SFC came back to draw level. He was too focused on the FFA Cup semi on the Tuesday which we got completely outplayed in and lost. Many of his "fans" forget this game. We were useless. The rest of the AL games were not great and we were going through the motions. There was no sign of tactical nous at all. Would not have been a good appointment to give him the full time job. Then again, we got Gombau and we know how that went.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...