mack

Squad Development 2021

27 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Ziegler atm is taking Tass spot in the team. I have been impressed with Tass but I get scared we lose him to another team because he just isn't getting the game time that he deserves with us and we can't really loan him anywhere 'cause no 2nd division

I would not get scared... Tass is good. He is a slow burn prospect and for a CB has had good steady opportunities. If he really is good enough he will earn a fulltime spot but otherwise if were going to lose him we definitely have not seen anything to cry over yet. 

14 minutes ago, mack said:

Daniel Margush (keeper) on a 2 year deal.

Suman replacement then. How many spots do we have left in squad now? I think the minimum squad size was changed from 20 as well to 18?

2 hours ago, MajorMelons said:

I don’t know Ziegler citizenship details, but once he is granted the Aus one, he would need to rescind his German one as Germany doesn’t usually allow dual citizenship.
He could apply to keep his German one, but the process is quiet long and his chances are low. I am just speculating that given how long this is all taking, he might be up to the second step. 

The endless delay in all this has been the German end of his attempt at dual citizenship. The last I heard, from a teammate, is that they think the attempt has been abandoned and he'll just keep his German citizenship. 

My German source told me they are not even trying for the dual thing as there is no chance unless you can demonstrate several very good extenuating reasons. 

If we get pre Injury Ziegler back, which with a good offseason I'm hopeful then I think he'll be a good asset

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

If we get pre Injury Ziegler back, which with a good offseason I'm hopeful then I think he'll be a good asset

Not to sound so negative but does anyone even know if pre injury Ziegler was actually much better?

also who are these lads? For our npl team?

"Michael Di Maria, Andre Parkes, Kallen Utan, Joey Banza, Antonio Arena, Zoran Botic and Thomas Lopez will join the Western Sydney Wanderers in 2021."

2 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

"Michael Di Maria, Andre Parkes, Kallen Utan, Joey Banza, Antonio Arena, Zoran Botic and Thomas Lopez will join the Western Sydney Wanderers in 2021."

They are all from Marconi Stallions. 

29 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Not to sound so negative but does anyone even know if pre injury Ziegler was actually much better?

Games I watched he looked far better

29 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

They are all from Marconi Stallions. 

Yeah i know. Just wondering if they are potential first teamers or all youngins

40 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Watching him in the warm up he looks quite skillful. I think his decision making is his biggest weakness. Maybe Robinson can rectify this.

2 hours ago, JustWandering said:

Watching him in the warm up he looks quite skillful. I think his decision making is his biggest weakness. Maybe Robinson can rectify this.

Taking up a foreign spot and have even less ability than a local is his biggest weakness. Robinson can rectify this by getting rid of him, in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, DeeDee said:

They would be, from looking up just Michael Di Maria he played u13 2019, u15 2020

https://talksport.com/football/787803/arsenal-jack-wilshere-tottenham-revelation/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"[There is an] interesting story coming out of Australia this morning, my contacts over there tell me he’s had an approach from Western Sydney Wanderers.

“They’re a big club over there by all accounts, rich with cash. They’re managed by former Wales and Portsmouth player Carl Robinson.

“They do have salary cap regulations there, but Jack Wilshere would have bypassed them, he would be classed as a marquee player.

“He’s turned down that move and it’s my understanding that MLS is his preferred destination.”

2 hours ago, wswnick said:

https://talksport.com/football/787803/arsenal-jack-wilshere-tottenham-revelation/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"[There is an] interesting story coming out of Australia this morning, my contacts over there tell me he’s had an approach from Western Sydney Wanderers.

“They’re a big club over there by all accounts, rich with cash. They’re managed by former Wales and Portsmouth player Carl Robinson.

"Rich with cash"???

Alex Crook from talk sport must have us mistaken for another team

4 minutes ago, dodson said:

"Rich with cash"???

Alex Crook from talk sport must have us mistaken for another team

That would be mob funded by a Russian Oligarch!

Does this suggest Ziegler does have citizenship now or did we try this before getting Dorrans?

5 hours ago, wswnick said:

“They do have salary cap regulations there, but Jack Wilshere would have bypassed them, he would be classed as a marquee player.

“He’s turned down that move and it’s my understanding that MLS is his preferred destination.”

Big club rich with cash. Yeh right so rich they stand down player's  and staff on job keeper. 

Edited by WHACKO

Interesting that he can't seem to find a job in Europe at age 28.

49 minutes ago, mack said:

Interesting that he can't seem to find a job in Europe at age 28.

He's made of delicate crystal.

His injury record is stacked.

Skilfull player but gets injured just tying up his laces.

49 minutes ago, WanderingToqui said:

He's made of delicate crystal.

His injury record is stacked.

Skilfull player but gets injured just tying up his laces.

Yep, he wouldn’t last pre-season 

I think with Wilshere it quickly became a mental rather than physical issue with a lot of his ‘injuries’. Take him out of that English/European bubble and the pressures associated and you may well find that he excels. Which in that case he could’ve been a very enticing proposition for the aleague. Either that or he would’ve just died in the ass training and playing on hard grounds during an Aussie summer. He’d either be rocks or diamonds.

12 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I think with Wilshere it quickly became a mental rather than physical issue with a lot of his ‘injuries’. Take him out of that English/European bubble and the pressures associated and you may well find that he excels. Which in that case he could’ve been a very enticing proposition for the aleague. Either that or he would’ve just died in the ass training and playing on hard grounds during an Aussie summer. He’d either be rocks or diamonds.

Spot on, my guess is the second one, but who knows, that's the fun of the A League. Meirer could have dominated, but he lasted about 2 games. 

The question is "Can he do it in a 30 degree + night in Perth?" 

The key thing with the foreign signings is their attitude. 

41 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

The question is "Can he do it in a 30 degree + night in Perth?" 

Ah but didn't you know that the forthcoming campaign is a "Winter season"? :xnod:

4 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Ah but didn't you know that the forthcoming campaign is a "Winter season"? :xnod:

Yes Jan and Feb, is perfect football weather

Team playing BCD friendly against Blacktown Spartans. Updates on club Twitter 

Mostly a youth squad , no Lopar or Muller.   Looks like there's  a triallist from NPL Wollongong  Takeru Okada as well which is interesting as it very much appears that he would have to be a foreign signing and we have 5 already.

Glorified training run for McGowan, Georgievski and Ziegler.