Squad Development 2021

9 minutes ago, sonar said:

So we win first up 2-0 against the powerhouse that is Backtown...is it too early to say we're going to win the comp....? 

:flag:

Ha ha

The best thing I saw from the Twitter feed was that they actually took shots, even if they missed against an NPL2 team.

41 minutes ago, Frankos187 said:

Any idea on the formation we may have lined up with?

I'm trying to work it out as well...this is what was the line-up announced via twitter:

Oliver KALAC (GK)
Dylan MCGOWAN 
Daniel GEORGIEVSKI 
Dean PELEKANOS 
Nectarios TRIANTIS 
Thomas AQUILINA 
Mohamed AL-TAAY 
Kostas GROZOS 
Jarrod CARLUCCIO 
Alessandro LOPANE 
Ali AUGLAH 

Subs: 
Peter GROZOS 
Lochlan CONSTABLE 
Alex BADOLATO
Leo MAZIS
Takeru OKADA 
Patrick ZIEGLER
Jonathan MARAS 
Jack WARSHAWSKY (GK)

Pretty sure some of these players on trial: 
- Leo Mazis used to play for Celtic FC in the lower grades and then went to some Serie C Italian club
- Takeru Okada plays for Wollongong Wolves and also been on trial with Newcastle Jets.
- Jack Warshawsky used to be a goalkeeper for Brisbane Roar's youth squad.

25 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

I'm trying to work it out as well...this is what was the line-up announced via twitter:

Oliver KALAC (GK)
Dylan MCGOWAN 
Daniel GEORGIEVSKI 
Dean PELEKANOS centreback
Nectarios TRIANTIS 
Thomas AQUILINA  Left or right back
Mohamed AL-TAAY centre back
Kostas GROZOS 
Jarrod CARLUCCIO midfield?
Alessandro LOPANE 
Ali AUGLAH striker

Subs: 
Peter GROZOS 
Lochlan CONSTABLE 
Alex BADOLATO
Leo MAZIS
Takeru OKADA 
Patrick ZIEGLER
Jonathan MARAS 
Jack WARSHAWSKY (GK)

Pretty sure some of these players on trial: 
- Leo Mazis used to play for Celtic FC in the lower grades and then went to some Serie C Italian club
- Takeru Okada plays for Wollongong Wolves and also been on trial with Newcastle Jets.
- Jack Warshawsky used to be a goalkeeper for Brisbane Roar's youth squad.

If this is any help

Where is Taurus when we need him

7 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Robinson trying to work out which of the kids will be good enough for the first team

I think that the Goalkeeper is an Australian u16 rep and maybebtrialling for the NPL squad

We may not light Dylan McGowan but what he said here is applicable to this thread 

WS Wanderers FC (@wswanderersfc) Tweeted: .@DylanMcGowan91 on today's hit out against Spartans #WSW #WSWvBSP https://t.co/K7XiUCoOmv https://twitter.com/wswanderersfc/status/1327487976406802432?s=20

We are short on senior players.

I also wonder if the newly independent A-league is going to allow extra visa players

15 minutes ago, Carns said:

What a first name! I assume he's related to Peter Triantis, ex ESFC?

Looks like a younger brother of Chris and Peter Triantis.

Sad story for that family. 10 kids and their father was killed in a fire in Eastwood many years ago. 

19 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Is there trouble in the east?

Looks like he was with us though for the NPL season? Just watched a highlight of his from February this year for the Wanderers.

Although it does seems like Sydney a losing a lot of their best talent, especially the ones closer to the first team.

We may be good stead if the A-league clubs are forced into U23 players to be nominated in matchday squads.

I heard a summary of the FFA Performance Gap report on the Box-2-box podca which may lead to a change, other than Covid-19 related changes. The reason is that the A-League has been recognised as a superannuation league with most playing minutes going to over 30s.

Here is Arnold changing his tune

https://www.ffa.com.au/video/performance-gap-report

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

Can’t shoot, can’t cross, can’t dig in when the going gets tough - I can’t say I’ll be crying if Kamau doesn’t return.

Sadly I'd have to agree......much potential but never really progressed

42 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

Have to say after JP took over and before the covid break, the couple of home games we had he was blisteringly good easily his best patch of form over his WSW career.

Its the frustrating thing about him. When his good...man is he good no can stop him, unfortunately the lack of consistency kills him and injuries don't help