Jump to content

Squad Development 2021


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

That's because he has barely got any game time while at CSKA Sofia: https://www.transfermarkt.com/tomi-juric/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/171820/plus/0?saison=&verein=208&liga=&wettbewerb=BU1&pos=&trainer_id=

He was named in the squad 11 times out of 38 games, 10 of them were from the bench and was substituted in 7 times. His last game was him finally getting a game in the starting XI.
He was only getting 10-20 minutes from the bench, that's pretty s*it if you ask me. Juric leaving that club was the best option.

I feel Popovic will try and sign him to Xanthi FC or Gerardo Seoane (who took over Babbel at Luzern FC) who's currently at Young Boys might try and sign him when the Swiss transfer window is open. Personally, Juric at Young Boys would be the best option as they are in the Europa League and there's more opportunity for some game time for him.

Link to post

Wondered where he was and what he was doing.  So an un-signed player doesn't exist - he hasn't left but hasn't signed?????  At his best is very good - and I haven't been a fan.  But can be a bit rubbery and pushed off the ball or injured.
Remember someone (with coaching credentials) made the comment last season that when he was absent we missed his ability to bring the ball up the park.  I wonder if he has been limited by the role of wing-back that doesn't really suit him.  At least he runs with the ball and can run at the defense - when he is playing well...

Link to post
35 minutes ago, Pup55 said:

Bruce has quality that not many Aussies have in the A-League.

We don't see enough of it, but I'm happy he's still on our books.

Hope Robbo can turn is 1/5 good games into 1/5 bad games.

I am happy staying also...

Frustrating at times but flashes of quality best describes him. Unsure you would replace him with better at the moment.

For him consistency is key...

Edited by Smoggy
Link to post

So what's our first 11?

Depending on if we play 4 or 3 at the back

3 at the back

.........................Lopar

.......McGowan.....Tass.......Ziegler 

Russell.........................................Georgievski 

................Baccus...........O'Doherty 

..........................Dorrans

................Cox..................Muller

Bench: Yeboah, Kamau,  Adam, Grozos, youth players

4 at the back 

.........................Lopar

Russell...McGowan/Tass...Tass/Ziegler...Georgievski 

................Baccus...........O'Doherty 

..........................Dorrans

Kamau................Cox..................Muller

Bench: Yeboah, Tass or CB, Adam, Grozos, youth players

Link to post
6 hours ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

Wondered where he was and what he was doing.  So an un-signed player doesn't exist - he hasn't left but hasn't signed?????  At his best is very good - and I haven't been a fan.  But can be a bit rubbery and pushed off the ball or injured.
Remember someone (with coaching credentials) made the comment last season that when he was absent we missed his ability to bring the ball up the park.  I wonder if he has been limited by the role of wing-back that doesn't really suit him.  At least he runs with the ball and can run at the defense - when he is playing well...

He is not a defender, he is attacking player and a good one too.

 

Link to post

Tbh I'm glad we re-signed Kamau. There times last season where he was close to best on ground. (If Muller had kept himself onside against Adl he would of been close to being part of the goal of the season.) Consistency ( as with a few of our players ) will be the key.

The important thing is he already has knowledge and an understanding of the players in the team so cohesion won't be a problem. Maybe the gaffer has promised a more attacking role for him and I think CR'S attack style play may suit him. Time will tell I guess.

Link to post
12 hours ago, Paul01 said:

So what's our first 11?

Depending on if we play 4 or 3 at the back

3 at the back

.........................Lopar

.......McGowan.....Tass.......Ziegler 

Russell.........................................Georgievski 

................Baccus...........O'Doherty 

..........................Dorrans

................Cox..................Muller

Bench: Yeboah, Kamau,  Adam, Grozos, youth players

4 at the back 

.........................Lopar

Russell...McGowan/Tass...Tass/Ziegler...Georgievski 

................Baccus...........O'Doherty 

..........................Dorrans

Kamau................Cox..................Muller

Bench: Yeboah, Tass or CB, Adam, Grozos, youth players

  .................................Lopar
Russell........McGowan..........Tass..........  DG

..............................Baccus........................

...............Dorrans..............o'Doherty

Kamau................................................Mueller
 ...............................Cox

Unless dreams come true and we bag a big name number 10 or 9 (and push Cox to 10)

 

Link to post
6 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

We are desperate for a DM with some size.

I love the Parklea Messi but we need a big dude to kick people with him 

Isn't that why we signed Graham Dorrans..?

Link to post
8 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

We are desperate for a DM with some size.

I love the Parklea Messi but we need a big dude to kick people with him 

And has to be Australian. Any chance of getting Zeigler to leave. 

Link to post

I must watch a different Kamau. He can’t cross or shoot. His single trick is running down the sideline quickly, cutting inside and getting smashed by the first defender. Bloke should go and be a sprinter...

Link to post
Just now, hughsey said:

I must watch a different Kamau. He can’t cross or shoot. His single trick is running down the sideline quickly, cutting inside and getting smashed by the first defender. Bloke should go and be a sprinter...

You have just described pretty much every WSW winger other than the king and Castelan 

Read it back 

- sotirio check

- Majok check

- Ruka check

- Jumpei check 

- Appiah check 

...

Link to post

I’ve seen Kamau play one really good game, unfortunately it was for Adelaide in the grand final against us.. hasn’t really kicked on since 

He did play well against Adelaide in that bizarre game last season (did I dream that one though?)

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...