Squad Development 2021

3 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Kamau's problem has been

1. playing out of position
  2. consistency 

4-3-3 would probably suit the team best and if he can channel what he showed against Adelaide last season then sky's the limit. No one was stopping him that game.

That and only scoring 8 goals in 112 games since 2014

5 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

That and only scoring 8 goals in 112 games since 2014

1 goal and 9 assists in 44 games (35 starts, 9 bench) for us, so a contribution every ~5 games...

How much you can put that on being played at wingback, I'm not sure

2 hours ago, wswnick said:

He has the talent but has always been hindered by injury which definitely does not help with consistency. If we can actually keep him fit for an entire season we may actually see the best of him. 

Does he have the talent though? How many games do you give a player to repeat a specific performance before you just put it down to simply that - a good game in its own right and nothing more?

Its like Ziegler; people have spent the last two season suggesting he’s a budget Van Dijk waiting to break out because he once had a good FFA cup game. When does the part where he is good happen? 

I think in modern football, injuries have become somewhat of a convenient disguise for players who are in fact not actually that good. 

35 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Does he have the talent though? How many games do you give a player to repeat a specific performance before you just put it down to simply that - a good game in its own right and nothing more?

Its like Ziegler; people have spent the last two season suggesting he’s a budget Van Dijk waiting to break out because he once had a good FFA cup game. When does the part where he is good happen? 

I think in modern football, injuries have become somewhat of a convenient disguise for players who are in fact not actually that good. 

I think the difference is Ziegler has had a solid career in Europe over a number of seasons, he's shown he's a decent pro. Kamau had one good season as a kid in Adelaide 2013-14 and then nothing. It will be a shame if Kamau doesn't realise his potential though.

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/robinsons-reaction-draw

"I'm still looking to try and add three, possibly four, players to a group of young players.

Any Australians on the radar? Maybe Terry Antonis from what I have heard?

Maybe even Spira, Dario, Mrcela or Irvine?

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
58 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/robinsons-reaction-draw

"I'm still looking to try and add three, possibly four, players to a group of young players.

Any Australians on the radar? Maybe Terry Antonis from what I have heard?

Maybe even Spira, Dario, Mrcela or Irvine?

Give me some terry baby!

Spira hasn’t played football in almost 2 years so I can only assume he’s retired and just CBF saying anything.

We really need and improvement at 10 from last year. Mueller is so direct he separated the midfield from the front 2 quite badly. Dario could do it but I don’t think some would be very happy with his return 

12 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Yep looks like imminent signing of Victor Sanchez to the Wanderers and Javi Lopez to Adelaide united according to the Spanish articles

For Unlimited

Victor Sanchez FIFA20 Rating 77

Graham Dorrans FIFA20 Rating 70

36 minutes ago, Davo said:

How does he fit in when all our visa spots are taken?

32 minutes ago, iamwesternsydney said:

are they? Maybe Zieglar is finally Aussie

Cox, Mueller, Dorrans, Lopar, Sanchez

I read somewhere this week (the Fox interested in A League again article?) that the clubs assume control of the A League on 1 December?

Maybe they will introduce a change to increase the number of allowed foreigners.

4 minutes ago, donny said:

Daily Oz Football are saying that it's actually Western United that are negotiating with Victor Sanchez and Mundo Deportivo have got them mixed up with us. Would be disappointed if this was true

Would make more sense though, we've used our 5 foreign spots and there hasn't been anything to suggest we'd be opening one/receiving another

7 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Would make more sense though, we've used our 5 foreign spots and there hasn't been anything to suggest we'd be opening one/receiving another

There has been. The coach actively saying he is still looking into overseas options. This might not be the one, but its clearly an option. 

27 minutes ago, donny said:

Daily Oz Football are saying that it's actually Western United that are negotiating with Victor Sanchez and Mundo Deportivo have got them mixed up with us. Would be disappointed if this was true

I have heard the exact same.

Although it is very confusing as Robinson keeps mentioning signings overseas players, whether that means foreigners or Aussies abroad is unknown.

The only Aussie of any quality who I think could actually come back are probably Irvine, Taggart or Antonis.

If Irvine can't get a contract soon I honestly think a move back home could be on the cards, not sure how much it would help his career.

Taggart has been banging in goals for the last 3 seasons but it looks like he has a fair bit of interest from other clubs in Asia and Middle East.

Antonis would be a huge signing as he could likely fill that 10 role. I have heard that he is likely to be released from Suwon Bluewings. I'd say he is the most likely out of the 3.