Squad Development 2021

"I'm still looking to try and add three, possibly four, players to a group of young players”
my interpretation of this quote is that Robbo is looking to add more YOUNG players to the squad. We have 5 foreigners so I’m not expecting any more major signings 

10 minutes ago, Liv said:

"I'm still looking to try and add three, possibly four, players to a group of young players”
my interpretation of this quote is that Robbo is looking to add more YOUNG players to the squad. We have 5 foreigners so I’m not expecting any more major signings 

I took that as saying that overall the team lacks experience, so they're a younger squad mostly.

36 minutes ago, Liv said:

Nah, he’s saying it’s a young group and he’s looking to add more [experienced] players 

3 hours ago, mack said:

An old Spanish central defender/midfielder.

Hopefully he's more Alberto than Borda.

He’s basically never played CB. Occasional RB

Bit of a difference. One came from Thailand and the Spanish third division. The other has come off the back off 300 games in La Liga.

This one certainly has a better feel to it

Edited by Upthehill
7 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

He’s basically never played CB. Occasional RB

Bit of a difference. One came from Thailand and the Spanish third division. The other has come off the back off 300 games in La Liga.

This one certainly has a better feel to it

Come on now, you have to remember everything our club does must be met with extreme negativity!

Getting a sore neck from shaking my head at other team's announcements of new players. The latest being this and Juric.

Juric of course, joins the exclusive club of good players let go and when they are available again, WSW are unwilling to sign (Antonis, Economides, Spiranovic etc). 

Oh well, as long as we have our fantastic youth! 

PS Would love nothing more than my sarcasm and intrepidation about this season's youth policy to be proven unfounded but I just can't see it!

3 hours ago, Zakman said:

Getting a sore neck from shaking my head at other team's announcements of new players. The latest being this and Juric.

Juric of course, joins the exclusive club of good players let go and when they are available again, WSW are unwilling to sign (Antonis, Economides, Spiranovic etc). 

Oh well, as long as we have our fantastic youth! 

PS Would love nothing more than my sarcasm and intrepidation about this season's youth policy to be proven unfounded but I just can't see it!

I’m not convinced we will regret this one, he’s hardly played since he left us, he’s never been prolific even here. He’s constantly injured..

Of course with that he’ll score 20+

2 hours ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Yeah, really hasn't achieved anything overseas. Just floated through a few clubs, had some injuries and barely scored throughout that time

But we will always have that goal

he is the scorer of the goal that sent me totally mental 

22 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

You really can't take much from that game, we used literally 5 players of starting 11. Just getting minutes in the legs of youth and a few who hadn't had a run out yet

Nope we are doomed, doomed I tell you 

31 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

You really can't take much from that game, we used literally 5 players of starting 11. Just getting minutes in the legs of youth and a few who hadn't had a run out yet

However Tate, Tass, McGowan and Zeigler all started and we gave away 2 sloppy goals by all accounts.

18 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Interesting fact on Dorrans according to Sofa App, he doesn't have a preferred foot. Therefore, is both footed.

Does that mean if he was to take penalty he would go eenie meenie miney mo ? or perhaps ask the ref for a coin.

12 hours ago, Westiesarebesties said:

They are practice games and played at noon.

• mack unpinned and locked this topic