Squad Development 2021

So we have a number of players who have not been sighted yet in pre-season games. Has anyone actually seen them on the streets or in a training video

Lopar
Margush
Janjetovic
Lesiotis
Dorrans

I would have expected Margush to have moved over. Lesiotis probably had to wait till the border opened last weekend

will Janjetovic ever recover from the rotator cuff injury?

hopefully Lopar and Dorrans are both in quarantine and are past the 11 days when testing is mandatory. Better yet out of it. There was a club re-tweet of a Dorrans goal for West Bromwich Albion in Red & Black playing strip today which might be a clue. 

37 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

So we have a number of players who have not been sighted yet in pre-season games. Has anyone actually seen them on the streets or in a training video

Lopar
Margush
Janjetovic
Lesiotis
Dorrans

I would have expected Margush to have moved over. Lesiotis probably had to wait till the border opened last weekend

hopefully Lopar and Dorrans are both in quarantine and are past the 11 days when testing is mandatory. Better yet out of it. There was a club re-tweet of a Dorrans goal for West Bromwich Albion in Red & Black playing strip today which might be a clue. 

Lopar's there, 5 secs into the video

https://twitter.com/wswanderersfc/status/1329590281990127616?s=19

Edited by dcrow
50 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

So if he is in Scotland, would he make his debut about 6 rounds in?

Two weeks quarantine plus time to acclimatise plus not starting debutant in Sydney derby?

We have 4 games before the derby.

Smurfs have 3 games.

Imagine he would come off the bench in the first 3 games 

4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Lopar
Margush
Janjetovic
Lesiotis
Dorrans

Lopar was out of quarantine before Cox and Ziegler which is why I've found it really odd he hasn't played in any friendlies yet. October 29th to be exact.

Janjetovic had surgery on his shoulder again around the time preseason started so he'll be out for a while longer.

Edited by wswnick
7 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Lopar was out of quarantine before Cox and Ziegler which is why I've found it really odd he hasn't played in any friendlies yet. October 29th to be exact.

Janjetovic had surgery on his shoulder again around the time preseason started so he'll be out for a while longer.

Thanks

That means Margush is the backup keeper.

49 minutes ago, wswnick said:

They should get him off the members line, every time I ring the poor bugger is there to keep me company while I wait

4 hours ago, pseudonym said:

So if he is in Scotland, would he make his debut about 6 rounds in?

Two weeks quarantine plus time to acclimatise plus not starting debutant in Sydney derby?

He tested positive for Covid just before he signed with us so I presume he has been in quarantine in Scotland for that. You'd definitely want him to go through the quarantine process again when he gets here, for confirmation that he is truly rid of the virus. 

9 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Apparently this lad Iker Guarrotxena is scheduled to join an A-League club.

Highly doubt it'll be us.  

65 on FIFA

I hope it's not us. Keanu Baccus is 67, along with Georgievski and Lopar

Meanwhile, Benat from Macarthur Bulls has been dropped 3 FIFA ratings points to 77, one ahead of Diego Castro

10 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

65 on FIFA

I hope it's not us. Keanu Baccus is 67, along with Georgievski and Lopar

Meanwhile, Benat from Macarthur Bulls has been dropped 3 FIFA ratings points to 77, one ahead of Diego Castro

So where is your complete FIFA20 of all A-league teams?

Full report should include all attributes: Pace, Attack, Physicality etc :rofl:

On 29/11/2020 at 3:24 PM, Paul01 said:

Lopar
Margush
Janjetovic
Lesiotis
Dorrans

Lopar was at training last Monday.

12 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Idm the youth being given a chance if they’re good

I hope we see more of Tass this season and Tate, they’ve been good value I think

Keanu also going well

They are the 3 that can go to better things, if they are given the game time which hopefully means transfer

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

Remember when Steve Kuzmanovski was supposed to be the undisputed rising star of the youth program? Those were the days 

Remember his debut where the ground announcer gave up pronouncing his name ..

Heres.  Steve K...   Steve 

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

Remember when Steve Kuzmanovski was supposed to be the undisputed rising star of the youth program? Those were the days 

To be fair he wasn't really a product of our youth program as he had previously been at the AIS and our 'program' as such was in it's infancy. Now a solid NPL2 player. 

• mack unpinned and locked this topic