Squad Development 2021

I wasn't that impressed with the bits I saw of Perth.  They looked pretty ordinary, as did Vics - except Rojas.  Some of the defense was awful.  SFC weren't brilliant but that was in the context of playing much better teams. Not sure who team they played in their last game (as in the 1st team or lots of subs in  dead rubber)?

They've had better prep but I am not really impressed as yet with Perth - they declined last season and look worse this season.  Vics should come good with some players to come in but Brebner isn't tested as coach, is he?  Neither is Garcia - Foxe seems to have been shafted.  I was surprised he wasn't given a go.

1 hour ago, jockman said:

TBH  not expecting too much again this year really hope I am wrong. Another season as the biggest mid to lower table club in the A League, third best team in Sydney etc etc etc ..???

Why are we not expecting much again this year? Why, why, why,??? For 4 years now descending 6th then 7th then 8th last year 9th, this year ? but not looking good. The season has not yet started and many(including myself) seem to preparing ourselves for mediocrity and worse...why are we willing to accept this situation?  End of rant for now.

3 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Why are we not expecting much again this year? Why, why, why,??? For 4 years now descending 6th then 7th then 8th last year 9th, this year ? but not looking good. The season has not yet started and many(including myself) seem to preparing ourselves for mediocrity and worse...why are we willing to accept this situation?  End of rant for now.

I agree that we shouldn't be accepting of mediocrity. I'm not.

After the Gombau and Babbel train wrecks I believe there has to come a time when the talk stops and results happen.  I DO applaud the club for the the facilities. I get the club spent a motza on facilities for the players and the youth. I get they want a return on their investments. I get they want youth players from the west to play for the Wanderers but they have to be good enough in the first instance.

Perhaps those more in the know of what is going on behind closed doors with the club might be able to shed some light on what the managers thinking is pre-season and the players he has chosen but tbh the two trial games don't inspire confidence. 

it is a two edge sword though Failure on the field threatens less memberships,thus,less finances coming in. 

6 hours ago, coachcarter said:

At the trial game, Troisi sat with Georgevski in the stand... hopefully getting the low down (but it seems the club is the obstacle, not the player).

What make you say is the club, there is more to it when you sign a player.

Name that was thrown up by a friend was Andy Rose. Vancouver Whitecaps centre mid. Born in Melbourne with Oz passport. Carls old club. Seems a decent fit to me. 

nb: Unlimited: only 65 on FIFA so I've registered your 'No' vote already

Edited by Wanderingbeersclub
1 hour ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Name that was thrown up by a friend was Andy Rose. Vancouver Whitecaps centre mid. Born in Melbourne with Oz passport. Carls old club. Seems a decent fit to me. 

He's played as much at central defender as he has in the midfield for the past two seasons.

2 hours ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Pretty sure his contract finishes in the MLS just as the A-League starts, I think he wouldn't be a bad signing, seems like he played regularly in the MLS over his time there. 

Matt Millar might not get officially signed by Shrewsbury Town, same agent as Robinson, wonder if he is an option. 

Will Ibini get an official release from the Jets, cause it seems fairly obvious he doesn't want to play for them.

Jason Davidson seems to be on the outer at Ulsan Hyundai, wonder if he will get released.

Looks like there are definitely a few players we could look to get who are on the outer at the clubs.

Just hope that if we sign these sort of players that its not too late in the season for them to be effective.

Just now, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

seems like he played regularly in the MLS over his time there. 

He did until the Covid break. When it restarted with that mini tournament he had gone on leave after his kid was born.

3 hours ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Transfermarkt has his contract ends at Vancouver on the 31st Dec 2020

9 hours ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Time to find some new blood I think, not just regurgitate the same players over and over again. I've mentioned this guy before, he's also been talked about going to Macarthur. Alexsander  Jovanavic. Also this guy off contract from December Andrew Rose.

I mentioned this guy back in August, you must of missed it.

28 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Time to find some new blood I think, not just regurgitate the same players over and over again. I've mentioned this guy before, he's also been talked about going to Macarthur. Alexsander  Jovanavic. Also this guy off contract from December Andrew Rose.

I can't remember what I had for dinner on Tuesday let alone what was posted in August :)

44 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

If he joins the club I'll be sure to give your post a like a few hours before I like @Wanderingbeersclub

41 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

More of a winger isn't he?

Yes but at this point I'd like anyone in the front four that can shoot somewhere in the general direction of the goals... Hence why I'm keen for us to sign a Brazilian traffic cone to replace Grozos

Just now, Upthehill said:

Yes but at this point I'd like anyone in the front four that can shoot somewhere in the general direction of the goals... Hence why I'm keen for us to sign a Brazilian traffic cone to replace Grozos

Everyone knows Brazillian traffic cones are the most prolific of all traffic cones.

Just now, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Everyone knows Brazillian traffic cones are the most prolific of all traffic cones.

At first I was thinking German but I kind of see them more as defenders. Ive reached out to a German road works corporation in hopes of finding a replacement for Ziggy

5 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

At first I was thinking German but I kind of see them more as defenders. Ive reached out to a German road works corporation in hopes of finding a replacement for Ziggy

Good to have some German cones in the squad in case it goes to Pens. But if you want to win in style...

5 hours ago, Upthehill said:

#nogrozosnoparty

7 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

#nogrozosnoparty

I was going to to say a part in row 34 but then I remember he hasnt manage to blaze any high and wide, they all dribbled 5m wide into the signage

I really want this kid to prove me wrong and look like an idiot (I dont need much help with that). But I've been largely unimpressed with the chaff coming through our academy when other virtually non existent systems are spitting out better players