Squad Development 2021

3 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Lopar for another visa player 

Here is the list of players with the Agency that Robinson and  Miller are managed by 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/avid-sports-amp-entertainment-group/beraterfirma/berater/4959

Kendall Waston was rumoured a few weeks ago and is still without a club. He played under Robinson and is part of the Avid Sports Agency.

I didn't think this year could get much worse, well this club has just done it. They never cease to amaze me. The three players (Duke , Schwegler and Lopar)  that have made us look like a team, gone. At this point in time we have nothing going for us. So much for our big club ambitions to be top two every year, we'll finish in the six. The bottom six and we'll need more than Voltaren to take the pain away we'll need Heroin.

23 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

I didn't think this year could get much worse, well this club has just done it. They never cease to amaze me. The three players (Duke , Schwegler and Lopar)  that have made us look like a team, gone. At this point in time we have nothing going for us. So much for our big club ambitions to be top two every year, we'll finish in the six. The bottom six and we'll need more than Voltaren to take the pain away we'll need Heroin.

Here...sounds like you need one of these.

:grouphug:

"Despite missing the season’s completion when the competition resumed in July, Lopar returned to Australia and was set to honour the second year of his contract.

However, it’s understood he would not agree to a wage cut brought on by a reduced salary cap, with the Wanderers announcing Lopar’s departure on Friday."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/aleague-newcastle-jets-in-talks-with-potential-owners/news-story/fff50f64d4b5424785a953d9161b3ce8

6 hours ago, WHACKO said:

........I think valium is the better option..............:ninja:

:D

5 hours ago, wswnick said:

"Despite missing the season’s completion when the competition resumed in July, Lopar returned to Australia and was set to honour the second year of his contract.

However, it’s understood he would not agree to a wage cut brought on by a reduced salary cap, with the Wanderers announcing Lopar’s departure on Friday."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/aleague-newcastle-jets-in-talks-with-potential-owners/news-story/fff50f64d4b5424785a953d9161b3ce8

There's going to be many differing opinions on this. I understand the reasons why they cut the salary cap but if I was a player and I had signed a two year deal to a legally binding contract to provide a service ( playing football ) I would want it honoured if I was going to provide that service.

One question those with more knowledge can possibly answer is were existing contracts grandfathered from the salary cap reductions.?

11 hours ago, WHACKO said:

A ball hasnt been kicked in anger yet and we dont really know how the season will pan out for us, but it feels already to me like its half way through the season  and we are sitting in the bottom half of the table. Me included... but there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of positivity amongst many of us. Does the club look at comments on this blog I wonder ? Maybe and they dont care who knows.

IMO this big club delusion is well and truly done. Big clubs win things or are at least competitive . We certainly havnt  done either for what is now the majority of our years in the league. 

Great training facilities and nice stadium are admirable  and should be applauded, but at the end of the day success on the field is what really counts and is what fills stadiums.

If it is the long term plan of the club to build success based on youth development so be it.  Assuming this is even possible ?  This  will not happen overnight and in the meantime if the club doesnt see fit to retain and recruit quality senior players we will continue to languish in the bottom half of the table..unless our new coaching staff can get the squad to perform well above what most of us seem to think the squad capable of..I really hope they can.

Lots of external influences and uncertainty ie covid, TV Rights reduced salary cap etc have had an impact on the A League for sure. And I guess in many ways we should be greatful we still have a league and come seasons start will be able to watch at the stadium.

Every  season we just seem to slide further and further away from what the club originally was in those first few seasons on and off the field. Based on what we have seen so far leading up to this season starting can we really expect anything different...

Thats it from me..need to go and lie down now. Havnt written so much since I left school.

Hopefully we have a sexual overseas marquee lined up 

on the bright side it gives us a foriegn spot for us to speculate about, it was getting dull without it

let the random transfer market links continue and maybe a random Brazilian on YouTube

apparently Frazer Campbell was seen in Mc Graths hill maccas asking directions to Rooty Hill

Edited by StringerBellend
48 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Hopefully we have a sexual overseas marquee lined up 

What would make you think this. This club has either no ambition or no ability to achieve what is required to be successful on the field. Our three best players from last season that barely made us look like a team gone. Player retention is diabolical. Zeigler a foreigner who is IMO worse than the locals we have. Cox who won't get to double figures. A back 3/4/5 what ever we play as useful as a shark net with holes in it. So we are going to rely on one bloke to save this team, I don't think so.  Because he's not coming.

Edited by WHACKO
7 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

The relentless negativity, we have become Everton 

Negativity? On a football forum? Never! We can expect 4, maybe 5 senior players to join in the next three weeks or so. That should lift the spirits.

We are experiencing the impact of COVID-19 on the game. Simon Cox in his interview Nov 12th:

"We decided to stick together, as a group, and we are going to continue this all through the season." = the squad collectively accepted a pay cut

"People make individual decisions and they wanna go and earn as much as they can [...] so they seek pastures new somewhere else in the world" = Duke and Jurman did not accept a pay cut; as of yesterday we can add Lopar to that list.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Today is the friendly against the best team in pre-season.

Couldn't go. Anyone up to giving non-negative commentary?

Not there, but here is the starting eleven.   What's happened to Yeboah and Adam?  Don't think they've played in preseason.

https://twitter.com/wswanderersfc?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Is that Terry Antonis's  brother on the bench?

Edited by papersun
Addition
13 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Vs

I think I've worked out their trial players:

Sam MacIlhaton - plays for APIA Leichhardt and former Sydney FC youth player
Benjamin Koop - former Sydney FC youth player
Paolo Bonanni - former Wanderers youth player
Jackson Bandeira - former Wanderers player and current Blacktown City FC player
Chris McStay - current Sutherland Sharks player
Jack Stewart - current Mount Druitt Rangers player (I'm just guessing this one)

Edited by MathyouWSW
  • mack unpinned and locked this topic