Squad Development 2021

19 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Go to 14:50 and watch until the end of the video, absolutely rips into Bernie Ibini.

Most interesting thing from the McKinna video is ex-CCM players started taking ice because their mental health deteriorated.

Janota is signed to the Mariners.

“I am excited to play in a completely different league and be able to show my skills there. I heard from Adrian Mierzejewski and Radosław Majewski that it is an interesting league in which there are good players, and I have watched a few matches myself.” said Janota. 

Surprised Majewski didn't influence him to join us?

Edited by MathyouWSW
22 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Janota is signed to the Mariners.

“I am excited to play in a completely different league and be able to show my skills there. I heard from Adrian Mierzejewski and Radosław Majewski that it is an interesting league in which there are good players, and I have watched a few matches myself.” said Janota. 

Surprised Majewski didn't influence him to join us?

I'm sure Majewski wouldn't want a fellow countryman to get his legs chopped up in training by a teammate...

I'm fine with what the club is doing. Seems like everyone else is bending the salary cap, getting cap exemptions that seem to be tailor made for them (looking at you ESFC) or bonus marquees for the richest club in the league (looking at you Cahill Rule). All the while we're being the nice guys and getting beat by them. We keep saying we're a big club and now we're starting to act like it.

Troisi was told he was allowed to look at other opportunities so we gave him an opportunity. Then Adelaide are shocked when the lose him.

Gordon clearly wanted to move or the club would have told us to go away.

Ibini clearly didn't want to stay at the Jets. He was expecting to play under Robbo alongside players like Petratos, Donachie, Millar and Fitzgerald. Instead the club releases all those players, loses their coach and the owners are being threatened with losing their licence.

Also on the McKinna video. Regardless of whether he believes Ibini's mental heath concerns are real or a way to get out of training it's pretty low to call him out like that publicly, particularly at a Men's Health event. I'm sure some of what he's put out there should be kept confidential when it involves medical issues. Also it kind of clashes with the messaging of these events, which are all about bringing men's mental health into the open and taking is seriously and his take is "but not that guy, he's probably bunging it on".

13 minutes ago, Davo said:

I'm fine with what the club is doing. Seems like everyone else is bending the salary cap, getting cap exemptions that seem to be tailor made for them (looking at you ESFC) or bonus marquees for the richest club in the league (looking at you Cahill Rule). All the while we're being the nice guys and getting beat by them. We keep saying we're a big club and now we're starting to act like it.

Troisi was told he was allowed to look at other opportunities so we gave him an opportunity. Then Adelaide are shocked when the lose him.

Gordon clearly wanted to move or the club would have told us to go away.

Ibini clearly didn't want to stay at the Jets. He was expecting to play under Robbo alongside players like Petratos, Donachie, Millar and Fitzgerald. Instead the club releases all those players, loses their coach and the owners are being threatened with losing their licence.

Yep.

Three decent level players....Ibini,Troisi,Gordon who actually want to play for us. If Dorrans can replicate what Schwegler bought to the team we should have a good season.

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

That's a lot of moves...pushy parent(s)?

Not sure but two of his relatives worked at the same place I used to work out before I got redundant. She mentioned that he regrets leaving the Wanderers Academy and the reason why he left the academy was for multiple reasons:

1. Like majority of some juniors, once Popa left and they knew Gombau was signed as the manager, a lot wanted to bail because they felt they would never get a chance in the senior squad when he was the manager
2. Someone that coached or was in management at the Wanderers Academy left to join the Mariners Academy and convinced him to go to Mariners to 'boost your career' and may have a better opportunity at the senior squad 
3. He is good mates with Silvera and he also put in the good word in as well to join the Mariners.

11 minutes ago, sonar said:

Adeleke returns! YES! 

Edited by MathyouWSW
  • mack unpinned and locked this topic