Squad Development 2021

11 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Not sure but two of his relatives worked at the same place I used to work out before I got redundant. She mentioned that he regrets leaving the Wanderers Academy and the reason why he left the academy was for multiple reasons:

1. Like majority of some juniors, once Popa left and they knew Gombau was signed as the manager, a lot wanted to bail because they felt they would never get a chance in the senior squad when he was the manager
2. Someone that coached at the Academy left and went to the Mariners and convinced him to go to Mariners to boost your career 
3. He is good mates with Silvera and he put the word in as well to join the Mariners.

Didn't he move before Silvera though? I can accept 2) but I'll stick by my original theory. Having said that, there is more chance of getting a 1st grade spot at Mariners as they are persistent wooden spooners and Silvera has proved the case. So who was the Academy coach?

2 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

So many triggered Jets fans in the comments lol.

Good signing, gives us more pace up front.

Hopefully he gets his shooting boots on. 

Amini and some defenders and its eetswa.

Will Ibini be able to hit the ground running as Yeboah and Adam have been conspicuously absent in recent friendlies?

20 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Not sure but two of his relatives worked at the same place I used to work out before I got redundant. She mentioned that he regrets leaving the Wanderers Academy and the reason why he left the academy was for multiple reasons:

1. Like majority of some juniors, once Popa left and they knew Gombau was signed as the manager, a lot wanted to bail because they felt they would never get a chance in the senior squad when he was the manager
2. Someone that coached or was in management at the Wanderers Academy left to join the Mariners Academy and convinced him to go to Mariners to 'boost your career' and may have a better opportunity at the senior squad 
3. He is good mates with Silvera and he also put in the good word in as well to join the Mariners.

Adeleke returns! YES! 

Man he really kicked on after leaving us. Currently playing in the Turkish Regional Amateur division. Glad to see he’s returning to the club where he made his name

3 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Didn't he move before Silvera though? I can accept 2) but I'll stick by my original theory. Having said that, there is more chance of getting a 1st grade spot at Mariners as they are persistent wooden spooners and Silvera has proved the case. So who was the Academy coach?

From what i've been told Dylan wasn't liked by many of his teammates as he was arrogant and rude, always causing drama within the youth teams he played in. 

He moved to Mariners as he was guaranteed (something in his contract I heard) to be given an opportunity in the first team come the end of the season, which he did against us in the 2nd last round of the 18/19 season.

1 minute ago, MartinTyler said:

Yeah, Ruiz-Diaz went before Silvera...I always took what she said with a grain of salt. 
She did say he was on trial in Russia. He is on trial but apparently in Ukraine so she was half right.
I can't remember who the coach was but I do recall she mentioned about he had a good friendship with Eddie Narayan or Peter Kofinas.

So is this our first choice lineup?          

cox      -      ibini

troisi   -   dorrans     - baccus

mcgowan/georgievski  -   zeigler   -   tass   -   gordon     - russell

margush 

I would just like to hope that Ibini can stay fit and injury free, and actually give us some value for whatever money we are paying him.

I'd hate to see that he spends half the season on the sidelines dressed up in the club's official suit and tie, sitting there with team mates and wives.

We've given him the opportunity he clearly wanted. It's now time for him to pay it back. I hope and wish he pays Carl R back the respect and confidence that Carl has placed in him. Work hard, get fit, and prove to us fans that you are not another prima donna. If you do that, you will become a fan favorite.

And if you have any spare time after that, try and tuck away at least a dozen goals this season. If Mueller can score at least 5, Cox at least 5 non-misses from tap ins, Yeboah and Troisi at least another dozen between them, we may very well come 7th. 

Happy days!! 

1 minute ago, JustWandering said:

cox      -      ibini

margush 

Shows how much the back 3 doesn’t fit our squad if you’ve got Muller, Kamau, Yeboah and Adam on the bench.

10 minutes ago, JustWandering said:

cox      -      ibini

margush 

Isn't McGowan gone to the Mariners.

10 minutes ago, Davo said:

Shows how much the back 3 doesn’t fit our squad if you’ve got Muller, Kamau, Yeboah and Adam on the bench.

Unless I'm mistaken Adam hasnt really been in the preseason fixtures? Injuries? Or has Robbo black marked him? I was really unimpressed with him last season. He had an unreal game scoring a great goal in the FFA cup against perth. He was so dangerous. Then he simply went to ****.

I remember a number of games he came of the bench and simply jogged. 19yo striker comes in late, he should be tearing arse around the pitch to show why he should be pushing for a starting spot. I know he's highly rated but he's sure as sh/it not living up to the hype. In one of those games I distinctly remember him lazily chasing a through ball, it got snapped up by the defender and he just stopped. There were no passing options so he had a great chance to press hard and win a throw or even a steal. Nuh, just wrote it off

28 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Unless I'm mistaken Adam hasnt really been in the preseason fixtures? Injuries? Or has Robbo black marked him? I was really unimpressed with him last season. He had an unreal game scoring a great goal in the FFA cup against perth. He was so dangerous. Then he simply went to ****.

I remember a number of games he came of the bench and simply jogged. 19yo striker comes in late, he should be tearing arse around the pitch to show why he should be pushing for a starting spot. I know he's highly rated but he's sure as sh/it not living up to the hype. In one of those games I distinctly remember him lazily chasing a through ball, it got snapped up by the defender and he just stopped. There were no passing options so he had a great chance to press hard and win a throw or even a steal. Nuh, just wrote it off

Mo Adam was the ambassador for the NSW African Cup so he was busy doing that. I'm not sure if he is injured or not but it'll be interested to see him try and get some game time now after the signings of Troisi and Ibini. However, he'll be a great additive to be off the bench. I hope Robbo somehow trains to be the next Santalab and acts like a super-sub.

I still remember Muller giving him a mouthful in one game (I think it was against the Mariners where it was the first game JP was in charge and Cox's debut). Cause he gave the ball away and didn't pass it to Muller. However, he did make up for it in the stoppage time by passing it to Muller and then Muller to Cox to step up Cox's first goal.

1 minute ago, MathyouWSW said:

Mo Adam was the ambassador for the NSW African Cup so he was busy doing that. I'm not sure if he is injured or not but it'll be interested to see him try and get some game time now after the signings of Troisi and Ibini. However, he'll be a great additive to be off the bench. I hope Robbo somehow trains to be the next Santalab and acts like a super-sub.

I still remember Muller giving him a mouthful in one game (I think it was against the Mariners where it was the first game JP was in charge and Cox's debut). Cause he gave the ball away and didn't pass it to Muller. However, he did make up for it in the stoppage time by passing it to Muller and then Muller to Cox to step up Cox's first goal.

I remember that well actually. He should have squared the ball for a simple tap in. Simon Fox noted Muller going all german on him then 5 minutes later he did exactly as he was told and bang. That was Mariners at BT i believe.

Im glad he can learn on the run. The mega frustration is he is more talented than Cox. Like a country fu/cking mile more talented. If he puts his mind to it he will be starting by week 10. I just havent seen that desire to be the big dog yet

I reckon that we are going to have 2 starting squads except for a few who are reasonably fit for the first 4 games. If we assume 4-2-3-1

Line-up 1 (Macarthur and Adelaide)

GK.................Margush

Russell ...McGowan...Ziegler......Georgievski 

.............Baccus........O'Doherty 

.....................Troisi

Muller............Cox...........Kamau 

Line-up 2 (Jets and Mariners)

GK.................Margush

Gordon...Tass...Ziegler......Wilmering/Aquilina

.............Dorrans........O'Doherty 

.....................Grozos

Yeboah............Adam...........Ibini

Expect subs from 60 minutes

Best players for the derby with 6 days off from both starting squads.

I’m surprised players want to play for us

We have been abysmal last few seasons

Is Carl Robinson really that good of a coach to have players ripping up contracts to play for him? I would’ve thought Markus Babbel was a name that would inspire players to do that but look how that turned out

6 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I have no idea what this means and can you please stop saying it in every post you make, once you have explained it. 

I may have missed the obvious. I don't know.

sweet