Squad Development 2021

3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

That being the case, definitely a Visa CB

We’re currently parked on 5-6 CB. Ziggy was that foreign signing. 

Your wingbacks are insanely important in a 352. We have 3 (arguably 6) senior players who can play RWB and only 1 LWB. I’d say that LWB spot will become a problem quickly.

Cant see ya staying in the 352 for long. We have Ibini, Cox, Kamau, Troisi, Mueller, Adam and a handful of kids all fighting for 3 spots. The signing of a Ibini doesn’t make much sense in a 352

Edited by Upthehill
14 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Whilst I agree that there are many similarities, I don't know that marching en masse down the street proudly displaying their colours was a Millwall 'modus operandi' :) 

Have you ever been to an away game at West Ham? Colours no. Too plastic. Marching yes, you had too for safety 

My point is that WSW needs the BBB badly,that's what made you  exciting

Players don't make a club, fans do

31 minutes ago, harrycripps said:

Have you ever been to an away game at West Ham? Colours no. Too plastic. Marching yes, you had too for safety 

My point is that WSW needs the BBB badly,that's what made you  exciting

Players don't make a club, fans do

I've been to Upton Park as well as Cold Blow Lane !! WSW and the A League definitely need the RBB but the FFA and authorities have sanitised Active Support to an extent that I suspect you'll not see the same RBB as in those early years.

Edited by MartinTyler
spelling
On 25/11/2020 at 6:31 PM, Liv said:

"I'm still looking to try and add three, possibly four, players to a group of young players”
my interpretation of this quote is that Robbo is looking to add more YOUNG players to the squad. We have 5 foreigners so I’m not expecting any more major signings 

Well I certainly got this one wrong,

thankfully 

22 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

I've been to Upton Park as well as Cold Blow Lane !! WSW and the A League definitely need the RBB but the FFA and authorities have sanitised Active Support to an extent that I suspect you'll not see the same RBB as in those early years.

Whats this about comparing wanderers marching to cold blow and upton lol Nothing like.

Closest to that kind of vibe in the UK (and I have seen) is Celtic supporters. Not that it matters as those days are long gone :cry:

Edited by Smoggy
2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

The RBB down graded themselves with some very aggressive jumping in front the march that created problems to the police and other silly acts at the games.

5 hours ago, Jefski said:

Interesting comment by Troisi on FSN saying he didn't leave Adelaide of his own accord, he was "shown the door". 

He mentions it in an interview posted on the Troisi Thread.

Edit  Oh... That's probably where you saw it. :cheeky:

7 hours ago, mack said:

He was. Adelaide told him to leave a few months ago.

Yeah Adelaide sent him a fu/cking email tell him he was surplus due to his wage. They sent that email to 5 players. Then when 3-4 left the told Troisi a few weeks later he was now supposed to stay. Theres no coming back from telling en employee "You're not wanted".

But Adelaide fans have definitely done a good job of playing the victim

Edited by Upthehill

Pre-season friendly against Blacktown City this afternoon just announced on Club Twitter

For context, Phoenix beating Newcastle 4-1 for their friendly for the Newcastle members day

Starting XI: Margush (GK), Russell, Gordon, McGowan, Mourdoukoutas, Georgievski, Baccus, Troisi, Dorrans, Cox and Ibini

Substitutes: Grozos, Lesiotis, Cancar, Al-Taay, Wilmering, Carluccio, Natta, Lopane, Auglah, Aquilina, Badolato, Pelekanos and Warshawsky (GK)

25 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Sounds like a confident start, history shows Blacktown City are no pushover NPL team.

Don't think that they would be in great condition at the moment,  NPL season generally starts in March.

Edited by papersun
Spelling