Squad Development 2021

53 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Dunno if he is Injured, it has been very quiet since he arrived home and in quarantine in Melbourne anybody know when the 2 weeks is up. 

Can he travel to Sydney when the quarantine is up 

He finished quarantine today. 

Adelaide's coach apparently made a comment that they were no longer looking at Amini due to injury

Amini's quarantine finished today.

He posted a photo on his instagram page (around 7am) of his little girl (Vienna) with all their bags and that "coming home" song was playing in his story which could hint he is on his way back to Sydney.

15 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Amini's quarantine finished today.

He posted a photo on his instagram page (around 7am) of his little girl (Vienna) with all their bags and that "coming home" song was playing in his story which could hint he is on his way back to Sydney.

To the Mariners or Western Sydney I wonder. Don't think Sydney need him, Robbo has been talking about being in contact with players he is trying to sign, maybe Amini is our man.

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

To the Mariners or Western Sydney I wonder. Don't think Sydney need him, Robbo has been talking about being in contact with players he is trying to sign, maybe Amini is our man.

He is supposed to have a serious injury keeping him out for six months if the reports are correct.  

I think that rules him out of playing in the A league anytime soon.

7 minutes ago, papersun said:

He is supposed to have a serious injury keeping him out for six months if the reports are correct.  

I think that rules him out of playing in the A league anytime soon.

I know I said it on the previous page, the club should let him recover at their facilities and sign him to play towards the end of this season or next season.

19 hours ago, wendybr said:

The "family commitments" wouldn't ring true unless they're married with kids, or caring for sick or elderly relatives...surely.

If they're undertaking Uni studies.....well....that might be more profitable for them in the long term than football, if they're not breaking in at an elite level now.

Could also be that the reduction in pay makes it difficult for them.

(Were the three young guys on senior contracts or scholarships. ?)

13 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

So we will have 3 backup keepers...

But we only have one fit keeper on the books at the minute. Can't risk not having a keeper on the bench. Robinson has said in an interview that he is in the market for a keeper, and that Margush would either be the number one or number two keeper depending on the quality of keepers available to sign.

4 minutes ago, JustWandering said:

But we only have one fit keeper on the books at the minute. Can't risk not having a keeper on the bench. Robinson has said in an interview that he is in the market for a keeper, and that Margush would either be the number one or number two keeper depending on the quality of keepers available to sign.

Kalac is fine on the bench, I think he has done very well at youth level. I would only sign Noah James if he is better than Kalac.

16 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Kalac is fine on the bench, I think he has done very well at youth level. I would only sign Noah James if he is better than Kalac.

I'm guessing it's a loan deal so we can cover ourselves while looking for a keeper during the Jan window for long term. Robinson would have worked with Noah at the Jets so maybe he sees more in him than in Kalac.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Is he better than the guy we signed in academy from the Sea-bogans?

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/wanderers-secure-loan-signing-noah-james

He had a great game last season. Jets fans were very unhappy he’s been loaned out. However I think it’s a good move for him and the jets. He’s got a chance to push Margush out if he’s training well and Margush has a few howlers

11 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Honestly don't think signing one more striker can do us any harm. Im really unsure on Cox, really want him to do well but i'm not seeing it.

If he's cheap and willing to come home, he'd be a decent pick up.

On 01/01/2021 at 10:33 PM, Carns said:

If he's cheap and willing to come home, he'd be a decent pick up.

We need a classic 9. We’ve signed so many upfront but if he can bag 15 this season he’s be very much worth it. Let cox fight for the spot or go home.

Unfortunately I doubt he will be cheap.