Squad Development 2021

11 hours ago, FCB said:

With Baccus and Dorrans as the only quality DM/CM players, WSW would have been one injury away from getting into trouble. There had to be a third player, Ugarkovic was Plan A, and that didn't happen. If Mutch is fit and healthy he won't be just a Plan B.

I can’t overstate that word enough given the track record across the aleague...

4 minutes ago, mack said:

Reports on Cox leaving to go back to the UK to be with his wife for their first kid. Might as well give him the mutual termination form right now and get it over with.

We have Yeboah....no problems.....:ninja:

33 minutes ago, mack said:

Reports on Cox leaving to go back to the UK to be with his wife for their first kid. Might as well give him the mutual termination form right now and get it over with.

Strongly agree with this. There are a few quality free agent strikers at the moment who only recently got released, meaning they would be somewhat fit.

Apostolos Giannou should be a key target should he be released from his club as rumoured.

Might also be the reason we used our last foreign spot on another midfielder if Cox is leaving.

Makes you wonder why he came back at all? Surely a mutual termination makes more sense before coming back?

3 hours ago, Frankos187 said:

Ibini as the sole #9 with Troisi and Muller floating behind. Done, done done!!!

atleast till we get a better #9 in. 

I'm not sold on Ibini. He didn't show me much last week to change my mind either.

Just now, StringerBellend said:

Tonight demonstrated that if ibini is our #9 we are rooted 

It'll be eetswa............:P

6 hours ago, Jefski said:

I'm not sold on Ibini. He didn't show me much last week to change my mind either.

And especially this week. StringerBellend mirrors my sentiments. Personally, I'd prefer Princess over Bernie. She finishes a hell of a lot better than big brother.

On a side note, I'm pretty happy with Cox's work rate and the way he hold up the ball. He's definitely fitter this year. If he's going home, we need equal or better.

10 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Cox may be painfully slow, but he is a my least a footballer, with a football brain. He makes space, has a decent touch. 

And he works well with someone else who has a football brain as in Muller.

If Cox leaves: sign up Kenny Miller on a short term contract until Cox returns or a different player has signed and comes out of quarantine. With Miller on the pitch the result against Macarthur would have been different.

It's not as crazy or farfetched as it may sound.

2:20 - 2:40 https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/video/sit-down-kenny-miller

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Cox may be painfully slow, but he is a my least a footballer, with a football brain. He makes space, has a decent touch. 

Southend bias..

He did work hard and put in shift though. Surprised he came back at all with his wife pregnant and stuck in the UK. May come back but could be gone a while.

28 minutes ago, harrycripps said:

He's decided to stay

His wife will come over with the baby after

Jordan played well last night during his time on. Pity Ibini couldn't finish off the through ball

I like J O'D. He isn't flashy.  He's solid and works hard.  He's very aware of who's around him and players running through. He's very capable of excellent balls through and strong runs forward.

I thought he, Yeboah and Ibini worked very hard and solid defensively when they came on. Ibini took on with NTS and Bogeyman on a free kick and won. Yeboah fought hard hard for everything to keep the ball.

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Southend bias..

He did work hard and put in shift though. Surprised he came back at all with his wife pregnant and stuck in the UK. May come back but could be gone a while.

I kind of like the Aldi Wayne Rooney (as he shall now be known)

29 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I kind of like the Aldi Wayne Rooney (as he shall now be known)

Tesco's surely

Ibini used to be very lean and agile but he’s really bulked up. I reckon he’s put on a good 5-10 kg of muscle since his last aleague stint which has compromised his mobility.

There is not a chance he’d be capable of scoring a goal like he did against us in the derby a few years ago anymore.

Personally, I feel that Ibini is more of a winger (like Hersi and Castelen) and would be ideal if Robbo decided to play 4-2-3-1 formation with Muller and Ibini as the wingers and Cox as the lone striker. 

It seems Ibini playing as a striker with Cox isn't going to work. 

Edited by MathyouWSW