mack

Squad Development 2021

A major upside ( or downside depending on how you look at it  ) will be the quality of the youth players here in Aus. Are they up to it ? Will they step up. Quite a few clubs ( including ours I think ) will be hoping the answer to both questions is yes.

Edited by sonar

26 minutes ago, sonar said:

A major upside ( or downside depending on how you look at it  ) will be the quality of the youth players here in Aus. Are they up to it ? Will they step up. Quite a few clubs ( including ours I think ) will be hoping the answer to both questions is yes.

Based on the NPL results likely not. Maybe it will be different when they are just the bench to fill out the squad though. Might get lucky and find one that steps up, but from past few years of the academy I'm doubtful. 

18 minutes ago, sonar said:

He would be a good signing imho.....

Both him and Ugarkovic would make the team a lot better. Hopefully they can get out of their contracts and Robinson can persuade them to sign for us.

10 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Both him and Ugarkovic would make the team a lot better. Hopefully they can get out of their contracts and Robinson can persuade them to sign for us.

Jets won't release Ugarkovic

That we're trying to poach players from the team that finished one spot above ours is not making me that confident in our upcoming season.

12 minutes ago, mack said:

That we're trying to poach players from the team that finished one spot above ours is not making me that confident in our upcoming season.

The story on Ibini is that he went to Newcastle for Robinson, now he wants our.

Here's  question,  would you take Ibini over Sotirio?

From 2015 onward his career has been a mess. He signed for Brugge then broke his leg in the first training session and since then it's been loan deals and swapping clubs nearly every season. After recovering from the broken leg and joining SFC in 2016 he's scored 8 goals. He's played at 4 different clubs in the past 3 and a half years and only managed to score one goal at each of them.

If he's our Duke replacement he'll have to perform better than he ever has before to even get near that level.

34 minutes ago, mack said:

From 2015 onward his career has been a mess. He signed for Brugge then broke his leg in the first training session and since then it's been loan deals and swapping clubs nearly every season. After recovering from the broken leg and joining SFC in 2016 he's scored 8 goals. He's played at 4 different clubs in the past 3 and a half years and only managed to score one goal at each of them.

If he's our Duke replacement he'll have to perform better than he ever has before to even get near that level.

Whilst I agree with the above he did look impressive for Newcastle towards the end of the season

I still can’t believe that useless nob adeleke didn’t kick him over in the derby at parra 

still annoys me that goal, I play over 35s badly and I could have defended that goal, kick him over on the half way and take a yellow card 

Edited by StringerBellend

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

I still can’t believe that useless nob adeleke didn’t kick him over in the derby at parra 

He was too incompetent to even achieve that !!

Both contracts now terminated at Newcastle

9 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Both contracts now terminated at Newcastle

Sauce?

59 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Bring Tomi Home 

6 years ago today...

There you go...living in the past again!

:D:D

1 hour ago, mack said:

Agree to an extent, however Robinson made these players play really well even though at the time they were dead last. They seemed to enjoy playing under him and had full belief in how he wanted them to play. Had he had a full season with those players we could've seen the Jets holding up the title at the end of the season, however he only got 10-11 games when they had pretty much nothing to play for.

5 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Please tell me you guys didn't fall for this. Click the link to the "article" lol. Not even their official account.

That's weird as **** tbh, players want out and you taunt social media with a fake release? 

2 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

That's weird as **** tbh, players want out and you taunt social media with a fake release? 

I mean I didn't do it. While its not really that funny, many people fell for it, as seen on here, Twitter and Instagram.

18 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I mean I didn't do it. While its not really that funny, many people fell for it, as seen on here, Twitter and Instagram.

Not you, I mean weird on Newcastles behalf.

Edit: My mistake, I've just got home from the pub so I've realised a little slowly that what you're linking isntna genuine Jets post.

Edited by Westiesarebesties

7 hours ago, mack said:

That's not poaching, the players want to leave the club, so they are there for offer.

5 hours ago, mack said:

They're contracted to the other club so it is poaching.

Yep. The Club can't talk to them until there is a mutual termination.

You can’t blame them for Leaving a club that hasn’t paid its players In full, gone through multiple managers and Ian rebuilding after a disaster season. To join a club that hasn’t paid its players in full.. 

makes perfect sense 

10 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

You can’t blame them for Leaving a club that hasn’t paid its players In full, gone through multiple managers and Ian rebuilding after a disaster season. To join a club that hasn’t paid its players in full.. 

makes perfect sense 

For a moment there I thought you were referring to us.

I think if they Ibini, Ugarkovic and Timotheou, it'll be great for the squad.

Edited by MathyouWSW
Posted in the wrong thread, cause I'm an idiot.

Urgarkovic would be a good signing. We lost Sullivan and Schwegler so were back to where we were 2 seasons ago with O'doherty and Baccus in the centre midfield and no back up. And with the Australian players available, COVID and the budget I would assume we have for this season I would take Ibini.

Urgarkovic and Ibini would be great signings being both Aussie, Urgarkovic a solid midfielder probably than what we currently have , Ibini I think he has had tough time overseas but late in the revamped season he was starting to show some quality form and did score a couple of quality goals and is big and strong , this coming season I am tipping if he stays in the A league the best will be seen of him. Both would be strong acquisitions and forget being Mister nice guys it is Time WSW grew some Kanackers and made a serious attempt at winning the toilet seat.