Squad Development 2021

2 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

I don't understand why Robinson would allow him to leave.

Personally, I would of kept him and then if the team makes the top 6 at the end of the season, start resting the likes of Duke, Cox, Yeboah and Kamau so they are ready for the finals and give  Nikolic an opportunity in the senior squad. 

I'd hope they give Ali Auglah a red hot crack before that

7 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Confirmed

https://mens.nplnsw.com.au/category/featured/

Marconi Stallions FC

Coach: Peter Tsekenis

Key signings: Chris Hatfield, Stefan Nikolic

Player To Watch: Marko Jesic

Rising Star: Paolo Laxamana

2020 finish: 7th

What to expect in 2021

After another season of what-if, Marconi Stallions will be desperate to finally deliver on their incredible potential this campaign.

Coach Peter Tsekenis is back on deck as Stallions head coach and once again will be trying to unlock the secret to consistent performances from his ultra-talented squad boosted with some quality young guns coming through the system.

Marconi signed strikers Chris Hatfield and Charles Lokolingoy this offseason however only Hatfield will don the club jersey this campaign after Lokolingoy was snapped up by A-League outfit Wellington Phoenix.

The former Sydney FC and Brisbane Roar striker was set for a key role this season but now the Stallions must plan for life without their star recruit.

Coming in as a late signing, young Western Sydney Wanderers gun Stefan Nikolic will also hope he can make an impression at the “Palace”.

Martin Fernandez was a breakout player last season and returns in 2021 along with the majority of the 2020 squad including Nenad Vekic, Mitch Mallia and Marko Jesic.

The Speranza brothers Giorgio and Roberto will also figure as go to players for stability as the club hope to revisit their glory days once more.

Consistency is the key for Marconi and if they can finally find a way to deliver consistent results than they could be the team to watch in 2021.

Peter Tsekenis?  Wow, as soon as I hear that name memories of a magnificent head of hair back in the 80s come rushing back...

On 20/02/2021 at 9:29 AM, FCB said:

Mack, was that a click-bait attempt? 

Ah, the memories the word Bulut brings back!

“If Bulut”

had stayed away from certain people he could actually have gone to maccas without getting arrested

knew the offside rule

had been a team player

Hadnt fought NTS in the locker room

had shown up for training on time like everyone else

hadnt said one thing in the media and done the opposite on the pitch

had stayed away from cocaine

was a good football player

But maybe most importantly, if he had not scored that goal against the Smurfs in the smoke, in front of the RBB...

Water under the bridge.

What counts is that Duke is back. 

To be fair...

he was onside.

On 24/02/2021 at 2:31 PM, MathyouWSW said:

Personally, I would of kept him and then if the team makes the top 6 at the end of the season, start resting the likes of Duke, Cox, Yeboah and Kamau so they are ready for the finals and give  Nikolic an opportunity in the senior squad. 

Robbo has released 4 scholarship players & signed a couple of replacements since he arrived.

He doesn't appear to muck around if players don't have the right attitude, a desire to improve or can contribute to the overall squad. 

12 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Robbo has released 4 scholarship players & signed a couple of replacements since he arrived.

He doesn't appear to muck around if players don't have the right attitude, a desire to improve or can contribute to the overall squad. 

Here’s to hoping he applies the same methodology to senior strikers he’s signed that have less footballing ability than some local park prem strikers....

4 hours ago, Taurus said:

4 scholarship players as in Adam, Monge, Pagden and now Nikolic?

21 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Monge got picked up by Sydney Olympic with Mo Adam.

Sydney Olympic play against Sydney United 58 today at 4pm. So, I'll probably watch it to see how Monge and Adam go (that's if they are playing). 

Plus, Sydney United 58 signed a former Wanderers youth player, Andrea Agamemnonos. He was previously playing for some 3rd division Cypriot club.

On 24/02/2021 at 2:31 PM, MathyouWSW said:

8 games in and Augulah hasn't played a single minute. Muller is an option at striker as well. With Ibini and the four strikers you've mentioned above, hard to imagine Nikolic even making the team sheet. 

https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/aleague-western-united-allow-max-burgess-to-return-to-sydney-despite-being-under-contract/news-story/19d83c4667ac01ed111969e506cff2c1

"It’s understood Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers are interested in Burgess, with Sky Blues having asked for permission to speak to him – as permitted – now that he’s in the final six months of his contract."

19 minutes ago, wswnick said:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/aleague-western-united-allow-max-burgess-to-return-to-sydney-despite-being-under-contract/news-story/19d83c4667ac01ed111969e506cff2c1

"It’s understood Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers are interested in Burgess, with Sky Blues having asked for permission to speak to him – as permitted – now that he’s in the final six months of his contract."

Well he is a midfielder I don't think we have enough :ninja:

On 02/03/2021 at 1:39 PM, Davo said:

Same agent as Robbo, Kenny Miller, Ibini and Cancar.

I'm a fan of Burgess although we're pretty stacked in the positions where he plays.

But not one of our midfielders has made the number 10 position their own. WU are open to a swap deal, perhaps we should be letting them take their pick.

• mack unpinned and locked this topic