Jump to content

Squad Development 2021


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

What was it?

Max Burgess to sign for us for next season.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

What was it?

Someone whinging about getting another midfielder.

The World Game reckon he will head to his old stomping ground in the East.

Link to post
1 minute ago, sonar said:

Max Burgess to sign for us for next season.

 

1 minute ago, Paul01 said:

Someone whinging about getting another midfielder.

The World Game reckon he will head to his old stomping ground in the East.

Im getting mixed messages here, is he signing for us of SFC?

Link to post
2 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

 

Im getting mixed messages here, is he signing for us of SFC?

The link ( which now is dead ) said he was signing for us. I read the link when it was live. Hence why it was in SD 2021 thread.

Edited by sonar
Link to post
1 minute ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/western-line-up-inman-to-replace-contract-renegade-burgess

Burgess remains under contract until the end of the season when he is then expected to return to Sydney FC.

Yep....but that is not the instagram link that said he was signing for us. I was only saying what the original link I read said. I have no idea if the original link was true or not. @iamwesternsydney can verify what I'm saying is correct.

Link to post
8 minutes ago, sonar said:

Yep....but that is not the instagram link that said he was signing for us. I was only saying what the original link I read said. I have no idea if the original link was true or not. @iamwesternsydney can verify what I'm saying is correct.

If it is the account im thinking of on instagram, they made a mistake and put up a story saying that we were signing him, and later realised their mistake, deleting the story (thats why the link is dead now) and replaced it saying that Burgess was actually signing for SFC rather than us.

Link to post
50 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

 

Im getting mixed messages here, is he signing for us of SFC?

Originally it was supposed to us probably because of Carl's agent Avid Sports 

Link to post

Jason Davison should be signed for next season. We need a quality leftback.

He is currently not getting game time at Ulsan Hyundai, contract finishes end of this season and is signed to the same agent as Robinson, seems destined to signed with us in my opinion.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jason-davidson/profil/spieler/137669

Another player we should sign if we get the opportunity is Panos Armenakas. For me, he looks like one of the most exciting players Australia has coming through, was being chased by multiple Italian and Premier League clubs as well as Barcelona at youth level. He was at Udinese and Watford for a while.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/panagiotis-armenakas/profil/spieler/336679

Link to post

If we're still playing 5 at the back then Davidson will be terrible. He has no end product. He killed Perth in the grand final against SFC, played for 2 hours being one of the main attacking outlets and I don't think he managed a single decent ball into the box. And this is coming from someone who said we should have signed him instead of letting him go to Perth. He ended with 100 touches, 50 passes, 11 crosses but nothing from it.

Link to post
On 14/03/2021 at 8:46 PM, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Jason Davison should be signed for next season. We need a quality leftback.

He is currently not getting game time at Ulsan Hyundai, contract finishes end of this season and is signed to the same agent as Robinson, seems destined to signed with us in my opinion.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jason-davidson/profil/spieler/137669

Another player we should sign if we get the opportunity is Panos Armenakas. For me, he looks like one of the most exciting players Australia has coming through, was being chased by multiple Italian and Premier League clubs as well as Barcelona at youth level. He was at Udinese and Watford for a while.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/panagiotis-armenakas/profil/spieler/336679

We have a quality leftback who will be even better by next season. Willmerring is ace

Link to post
1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

We have a quality leftback who will be even better by next season. Willmerring is ace

Yep, ive been a big advocate to have Wilmering play, lots of people saying Georgievski should start in front of him. 

I've gotten into lots of arguments trying to defend Wilmering, done absolutely everything to try and convince people.

Link to post
41 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Yep, ive been a big advocate to have Wilmering play, lots of people saying Georgievski should start in front of him. 

I've gotten into lots of arguments trying to defend Wilmering, done absolutely everything to try and convince people.

 

Really.... ?

People ey, what can you do.

Link to post

Yea I can't see how Georgevski gets into the starting 11 in front of Russel, Aquilina and Wilmering. They all have been massive in our games and its more managing the play time and building their experience. Its not that Georgevski is bad its just the 3 boys ARE in front of him and can only improve with more game time. Its hard truth on DG unfortunately and he is 4th choice atm. Even if you went to back 4 those 3 are still in front him.

Link to post

I feel the recent game against the Phoenix really showed that Wilmering and Russell have secured their spots as wings back respectively. They are two talented players and I personally feel Wilmering should get a call up to the Olyroos (might be too early to call?). Eventually, Aquilina will join them once he gets more experience under his belt. plus he can play both sides. Overall, I'm just happy the academy is providing some great talented footballers.

Georgievski's contract is up at the end of the season and since he is signed with the Inter Lions in a coaching role, I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to move into a player/manager role with them next season.

Link to post
5 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Georgievski's contract is up at the end of the season and since he is signed with the Inter Lions in a coaching role, I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to move into a player/manager role with them next season.

You know your time is up when they stop having you in the social media vids.........he did heaps during covid......not so many now......lol

I think he will no longer be with us at seasons end. 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...