Squad Development 2021

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

He should have been re-signed by Victory though, he wasn't a bad player at all. Similar to Sullivan but not as good.

He might be fine. He might be great. Just think its weird that the club that claims to have the best youth dev in the country is buying ex victory youth when we have Baccus, O'Doherty, Grozos...and just let Sullivan go. We need experience. 

Fingers crossed he turns out great, but its confusing one for me.

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

He should have been re-signed by Victory though, he wasn't a bad player at all. Similar to Sullivan but not as good.

1 hour ago, mack said:

His stats show he's just another one of the A-League's never ending supply of generic defensive central midfielders.

So were right on track to become that big club again. :rolleyes: :wacko:

Just now, Wanderingbeersclub said:

He might be fine. He might be great. Just think its weird that the club that claims to have the best youth dev in the country is buying ex victory youth when we have Baccus, O'Doherty, Grozos...and just let Sullivan go. We need experience. 

Fingers crossed he turns out great, but its confusing one for me.

We currently have nowhere near the best youth in the league.... We have a better claim to letting go of the best youth though...... Silvera.... sobs..

Grozos is not a-league quality. Baccus has ability but no a-league smarts to sit in midfield, grossly overated. 

10 minutes ago, Zakman said:

Our recruitment so far - promoted players from the WSW youth team which finished 2nd last last season and rejected youth players from other teams. 

Would you class the squad as it is now, possibly the worst at the start of a season for WSW?

Probably need to take into account that most of the other squads around the league will be weakened as well. 

If Lesiotis is the Sullivan replacement and we will have a Covid budget Schwegler to come thats all ok. If he is starter...

13 minutes ago, Zakman said:

Our recruitment so far - promoted players from the WSW youth team which finished 2nd last last season and rejected youth players from other teams. 

Would you class the squad as it is now, possibly the worst at the start of a season for WSW?

16/17 team that lost 4-0 to SFC in the opening game was awful. Redmayne in goal, porous defence of Hamill, Borda, Cornthwaite & Neville, useless midfield of Lustica, Dimas & Pinatares and Jumpei & the 2nd coming of Bulut as the attackers paired with Mitch Nichols who suffered massive 2nd year syndrome at the club.

6 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Probably need to take into account that most of the other squads around the league will be weakened as well. 

If Lesiotis is the Sullivan replacement and we will have a Covid budget Schwegler to come thats all ok. If he is starter...

Yes but they are still making decent signings - if we are a "big club" which I keep hearing why aren't we doing the same?

6 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

I agree. But there is still time to make some decent signings. Still live in hope

Its still possible we still have foreign spots available there could be a diamond in the rough somewhere. We still need an experience center midfielder the team is screaming for it

2 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Its still possible we still have foreign spots available there could be a diamond in the rough somewhere. We still need an experience center midfielder the team is screaming for it

Need a few quality midfielders and defenders. Maybe a winger as well.

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

We have one spot available. Five in total we have four already Lopar, Ziegler, Muller and Cox.

2 hours ago, WHACKO said:

So were right on track to become that big club again. :rolleyes: :wacko:

Remember those day's when discussion in this topic was on random and rumoured Brazilians and Spaniards, championships players, and former international stars. 
Oh... how times change.

4 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

He played a heap of games and looked good

I like Sullivan but I feel like he is the Idan Tal of WSW. 

Tal was a bench player at Everton year's ago where the less he played, the better he became in the fans minds, "get Tal on", "should have played Tal".... When finally the did play him he was average at best. 

Lesiotis looked good to me, I'm suprised Victory let him go.

1 hour ago, WHACKO said:

We have one spot available. Five in total we have four already Lopar, Ziegler, Muller and Cox.

Get yer foriegners right and you make the finals.. have we?

Lopar is awesome

Muller I think will be sexual this year (2nd full season in Australia)

Ziegler - if we get pre-injury Ziegler then he's great but if we get post injury one bog average

Cox - I'm not sold, he's clearly a smart footballer and we looked better with him, but is he the 17+ goals a season striker we need? That miss against CIty was shocking

Need to get the last one right 

We're either going to get an attacking mid leaving our central/defensive midfield withotu a Schwegler type, or we're going to get a Schwegler type and be forced to play Muller as an attacking mid again.

Also we're assuming Lederer & Co are actually going to pay for a 5th foreigner.

27 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Get yer foriegners right and you make the finals.. have we?

Lopar is awesome

Muller I think will be sexual this year (2nd full season in Australia)

Ziegler - if we get pre-injury Ziegler then he's great but if we get post injury one bog average

Cox - I'm not sold, he's clearly a smart footballer and we looked better with him, but is he the 17+ goals a season striker we need? That miss against CIty was shocking

Need to get the last one right 

5 minutes ago, mack said:

We're either going to get an attacking mid leaving our central/defensive midfield withotu a Schwegler type, or we're going to get a Schwegler type and be forced to play Muller as an attacking mid again.

Also we're assuming Lederer & Co are actually going to pay for a 5th foreigner.

Lopar Yes so glad he came back 

Ziegler Rubbish and more so that he is a foreigner 

Muller Yes but play him in his rightful position 

Cox Also not sure may do more with better service.

That's why I tend we go for an attacking midfield player. Also I rather watch a team with the ball attacking rather than defending. 

37 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

I'm happy with the signing of Lesiotis, he is the player that replaces Schwegler? Absolutely not. I feel he is a great replacement for Sullivan though.

Yet another **** up by the club, we had Sullivan. We shouldn't need a replacement for him.

25 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Yet another **** up by the club, we had Sullivan. We shouldn't need a replacement for him.

He's the Idan Tal of WSW, he's had all of about 2 decent games and we are pining after him like an ex-girlfriend