Squad Development 2021

6 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

Is he parting ways before Sunday? people go on about Fornaroli and Castro for Perth but he's the heartbeat in midfield for them, good player.

No he is playing this season out.

I'd take Caceres in a heartbeat.  Rate him higher than Troisi. Plus he's a local. 

Caceres as No. 10 (playmaker)

Baccus as No. 8 (box to box)

Dorrans as No. 6 (defensive midfield shield)

We need to bring in a commanding centre back to partner Ziggy Stardust, and a 15 to 20 goal striker.

11 minutes ago, WanderingToqui said:

We need to bring in a commanding centre back to partner Ziggy Stardust, and a 15 to 20 goal striker.

I think Ziggy is too short to be a centre back if we are playing with only 2 (i.e., a back 4). We would get slaughtered aerially. He's fine as a centre back in a back 3 when we have some height in the other 2 positions. In a back 4, Ziggy has to be a fullback.

11 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

I wouldn't mind having Caceres at the Wanderers. The only problem is he has been playing as a right or left midfielder during the season so how would Robinson use him? However, he has recently been playing as a defensive midfielder thus meaning he'll be fighting to be in the starting XI against Baccus, Dorrans, Mutch and Ugarkovic. Can he play as an attacking midfielder?

I know Amini can play as an attacking midfielder and I personally feel he'll be joining the club next season. The thought of Amini and Troisi having rotations as the attacking midfielder for the club would be a very smart move in my opinion. My only concern is Amini hasn't been on the field since June last year and would be the same player he was for Aarhus GF. 

Hypothetically if we got Caceres you play him as a 10, that his best position so you knock out Troisi. But his versatile as well so you can put him as a defensive midfielder or the wings but his better as a 10. And this all running under the assumption that Mutch and Baccus aren't staying. 

Mutch has been used sparingly even when he has started he doesn't finish the game obviously more to do with his injury history and being cautious but I am not sure he stays next season we need more out of a foreign player. And then Baccus has had probably the worst season in his career with Urgakovic comming in and Dorrans I find it difficult to see Baccus getting in first team unless they somehow make a 10 out of him to push Troisi. Does Baccus leave Wanderers now? Questions for end of season of course.

PS Davilla would be THE player to get in the off season I would think

58 minutes ago, JustWandering said:

I think Ziggy is too short to be a centre back if we are playing with only 2 (i.e., a back 4). We would get slaughtered aerially. He's fine as a centre back in a back 3 when we have some height in the other 2 positions. In a back 4, Ziggy has to be a fullback.

Love Ziggy but a few headed goals from corners have gone in from the guy he was marking, just down to size, so agree with that particular observation.

Definitely would use Caceres as a 10.

As we have got good cover in the DM/CM roles now. 

But his versatility is great as a back-up option to have cover injuries, international call ups and suspensions.

Also important to note that a playmaker is only as good as the players around him.

No good having a passing maestro with awesome vision if no one is making runs and creating space. 

Mr Robinson has to adapt his tactics accordingly. 

I'd get Caceres AND Davila.

Goodbye Troisi.

27 minutes ago, WanderingToqui said:

Also important to note that a playmaker is only as good as the players around him.

No good having a passing maestro with awesome vision if no one is making runs and creating space. 

Mr Robinson has to adapt his tactics accordingly. 

I'd get Caceres AND Davila.

Goodbye Troisi.

Troisi is signed for another season. Unless he agrees to a mutual release than we are stuck with him. 

1 hour ago, Davo said:

If Troisi can maintain the form he's had over the last few weeks I wouldn't be too worried about having him for another season.

In saying that, if someone like Davila is available it'd be an upgrade.

The past few weeks, Troisi looks like he's enjoying his football. Didn't look like that earlier in the year. If we can snag two wins in the next two games, I think the momentum will be high across the park.

Attacking midfield is one of the positions we should have two starting level players. It lets you rotate from a 2-1 midfield where you have a defensive/holder and a central midfielder then the attacking mid, or even a 2-2 midfield by playing a Brazilian style 4-2-2-2.

5 hours ago, Davo said:

If Troisi can maintain the form he's had over the last few weeks I wouldn't be too worried about having him for another season.

In saying that, if someone like Davila is available it'd be an upgrade.

He’s a better player than caceras 

3 minutes ago, mack said:

Wellington might not want to match marquee wages from another club and Caceres, maybe he wants to test the market.

Cacares wants more game time

It looks  obvious to me that we need a decent experienced centre half so to start the speculation rolling,  here's one Tom Lees Sheffield Wednesday 30 years old,  372 matches in the Championship , has captaincy experience, team's just been relegated to League 2.  Unfortunately can't find any highlights for  him.

Anybody seen him  go round?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/tom-lees/profil/spieler/121333

On 15/05/2021 at 3:42 PM, MathyouWSW said:

Mabil wants to leave FC Midtjylland: https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/i-ve-been-underappreciated-mabil-wants-out-of-midtjylland?fbclid=IwAR1sX4s6NU6u_F0ghsbj8dmWo6akdIKnR8_qRzVaAHoNpv30a3eeuv7UXa0

Probably asking for too much anyway but I'll thought I'll mention him in the Squad Development. 

Looks like he's already signed a new 3yr deal at Amiens SC in the French 2nd div

On 15/05/2021 at 3:42 PM, MathyouWSW said:

Mabil wants to leave FC Midtjylland: https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/i-ve-been-underappreciated-mabil-wants-out-of-midtjylland?fbclid=IwAR1sX4s6NU6u_F0ghsbj8dmWo6akdIKnR8_qRzVaAHoNpv30a3eeuv7UXa0

Probably asking for too much anyway but I'll thought I'll mention him in the Squad Development. 

Great another winger / striker with pace who doesn’t score, I get he’s a step up on what we have but Carlo would still bring him on at 4-1 down with 20 to go

20 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Great another winger / striker with pace who doesn’t score, I get he’s a step up on what we have but Carlo would still bring him on at 4-1 down with 20 to go

I wouldn't sign him. Seems he would want marquee wages.

On 14/05/2021 at 9:02 AM, WanderingToqui said:

I'd take Caceres in a heartbeat.  Rate him higher than Troisi. Plus he's a local. 

Caceres as No. 10 (playmaker)

Baccus as No. 8 (box to box)

Dorrans as No. 6 (defensive midfield shield)

Not many goals in that trio given current form. I have a Mariners friend who complained about Caceres goal tally (or lack of) when he was there.

33 minutes ago, WanderingToqui said:

What about this fella to bang in the goals for us next season?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/danny-welbeck/profil/spieler/67063

Marquee perhaps?

31 minutes ago, WanderingToqui said:

29 minutes ago, WanderingToqui said:

Towering import defender for next season?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kyle-bartley/profil/spieler/67421

Nice thought and good players......but who's going to get Lederer to open the wallet....?

On past experience.....no one.

Edited by sonar
  • mack unpinned and locked this topic