Squad Development 2021

36 minutes ago, JustWandering said:

Dimi Petratos's Saudi team has just been relegated to the 2nd division this week. Don't know where that leaves his contract, which still has a year to run. He is with the Avid Sports Group player agency and has played under CR at Newcastle. I rate Dimi highly. He has played well in the few chances he has had with the Socceroos. Holding his position as a foreigner at Al Wehda suggests he played well there, albeit in a bottom of the table team. I think Newcastle missed him big time this season. I'd be happy if he signed with us.

Dimi is a Westie, and would fill that attacking mid spot that Troisi occasionally uses.

2 hours ago, Carns said:

I heard on the Shim, Spider and so much Moore pod (more than once) that he had a poor attitude (admittedly after Celtic) and would struggle to get game time/contracts due to this. The inference was that he was arrogant and/or not willing to put the work in at a "lower level".

He hasn't kicked on at all. Maybe the injury curtailed him?

Could well be the case, either way he’s fallen off where he could have been. Hopefully wherever he ends up next gets him back on track or he’s just going to end up another what if player amongst our scores of under achieving ‘wonder kids’.

Going through the current player database we will most probably be losing....

Kamau ( OS ) 

Mutch.....end of contract

Baccus ( OS ) 

Grozos.....end of contract

Yeboah.....end of contract

Muller.....end of contract

Zeigler.....end of contract

McDonald ......end of contract

I’m still trying to get my head around the signing of Mutch. It’s benefited none of the parties involved

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

I’m still trying to get my head around the signing of Mutch. It’s benefited none of the parties involved

This one annoys me, we got a bonus foriegn spot with Ziegler’s citizenship 

And wasted it

CR can bang in that he lacks vocal leaders and players for defending set pieces 

If that is the case why did you sign this guy to sit on the bench

9 hours ago, sonar said:

Going through the current player database we will most probably be losing....

Kamau ( OS ) 

Mutch.....end of contract

Baccus ( OS ) 

Grozos.....end of contract

Yeboah.....end of contract

Muller.....end of contract

Zeigler.....end of contract

McDonald ......end of contract

Muller didn't really play for us this season, not really....I think he must have been caught shagging CR's wife or something...

I felt he had more to offer this season.

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Muller didn't really play for us this season, not really....I think he must have been caught shagging CR's wife or something...

I felt he had more to offer this season.

He's never been the same after the bad head knock he copped. Shame.

56 minutes ago, sonar said:

He's never been the same after the bad head knock he copped. Shame.

He was good early this season before the hamstring injury.

On 28/05/2021 at 8:12 AM, hughsey said:

Unpopular opinion but most tools in sport are generally winners. We could do with some mongrel and some winners.

Yep the Australian cricket team being an example 

Alright, time to start posting some strikers since the season is over. Plus, I posted some centre backs previously a while ago.

Here's Serdar Dursan

It's crazy to think that Darmstadt are allowing not only their top goalscorer leave the club, but this year's Bundesliga II top goal scorer (27 goals in 33 games) to leave the club. He is rumoured to be joining ALOT of clubs Union Berlin, FC St.Pauli, Hamburger SV, Nottingham Forest and Besiktas. Shame it isn't the Wanderers.

And to keep @Unlimited happy, his FIFA rating is 74.

7 hours ago, mack said:

That penalty 6 seconds in, instant no.

We can't afford someone who has a 3 minute long video of just goals. Our level is a couple of goals, an assist, and then 2 minutes of stepovers, shots that hit the post of chances that get saved.

#vitorsaba

9 hours ago, mack said:

We can't afford someone who has a 3 minute long video of just goals. Our level is a couple of goals, an assist, and then 2 minutes of stepovers, shots that hit the post of chances that get saved.

Alright, so let's try and sign Sotirio or Appiah-Kubi then. 

13 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Alright, so let's try and sign Sotirio or Appiah-Kubi then. 

it has it all 

9 hours ago, mack said:

Highlights videos where the player does an unnecessary trick like a stepover, takes a shot, then the video cuts away so you never see where the shot went because it was inevitably terrible.

11 hours ago, mack said:

That striker's been watching too much Monty Python.

On 16/10/2020 at 5:24 PM, mack said:

Thread for Squad Development for the 2021 A-League Season

2019/20 Threads: Part 1 - Part 2

Expiring 2021
Bruce Kamau
Jarrod Carluccio (Youth)
Jordon Mutch (Foreign)
Kosta Grozos
Kwame Yeboah
Mitch Duke (Loan)
Nicolai Muller (Foreign)
Patrick Ziegler
Phillip Cancar
Scott McDonald
Steven Ugarkovic
0 (Foreign)

Expiring Year 2022
Alessandro Lopane (Youth)
Bernie Ibini
Daniel Margush
Dylan McGowan
Graham Dorrans (Foreign)
James Troisi
Keanu Baccus
Mark Natta (Youth)
Thomas Aquilina (Youth)
Vedran Janjetovic

Expiring Year 2023
Daniel Wilmering
Tass Mourdoukoutas
Tate Russell

What I'm expecting to happen, or at least what I'd do:

• Kamau - Leave overseas for more money, even if he doesn't go then a lot of clubs will throw money at him, will be a hard job to keep him
  • Carluccio - Probably gets an extension on his scholarship even it's only to have him continue development in the NPL.
  • Mutch - Gone
  • Grozos - Gone
  • Yeboah - Retain
  • Duke - He's not coming back
  • Muller - Gone
  • Ziegler - Gone
  • Cancar - Retain
  • McDonald - Gone/Retire
  • Ugarkovic - I heard reports we already got him for 2 years before his short term deal, not sure why it wasn't announced as such.
  • Gordon - Retain.
  • Baccus - Transfer to Hungary.

Assuming we keep our dumb formation the squad looks like this at the moment:

GK - Margush, Vedran, Kalac
Fullbacks - Wilmering, Aquilina, Russell, Carluccio
Central Defenders - Gordon, McGowan, Cancar, Tass, Natta
Defensive Midfield - Ugarkovic, Lopane, Dorrans
Attacking Midfield - Troisi
Forward - Yeboah, Ibini

That leaves us with 3 foreign spots, two of which are obvious to use on an attacking midfielder and a striker. The 5th spot I'd go for a tall, dominant central defender and play them in the middle with Natta & Gordon on each side.

28 minutes ago, mack said:

• Kamau - Leave overseas for more money, even if he doesn't go then a lot of clubs will throw money at him, will be a hard job to keep him
  • Carluccio - Probably gets an extension on his scholarship even it's only to have him continue development in the NPL.
  • Mutch - Gone
  • Grozos - Gone
  • Yeboah - Retain
  • Muller - Gone
  • Ziegler - Gone
  • Cancar - Retain
  • McDonald - Gone/Retire
  • Ugarkovic - I heard reports we already got him for 2 years before his short term deal, not sure why it wasn't announced as such.
  • Gordon - Retain.

Forward - Yeboah, Ibini

That leaves us with 3 foreign spots, two of which are obvious to use on an attacking midfielder and a striker. The 5th spot I'd go for a tall, dominant central defender and play them in the middle with Natta & Gordon on each side.

Jesus, you trying to give nightmares...just thought of a Yeboah and Ibini partnership up front (shudders)....

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Jesus, you trying to give nightmares...just thought of a Yeboah and Ibini partnership up front (shudders)....

City sign Leckie and we resign Yeboah ( probably ) ......lol........says it all.

1 hour ago, mack said:

• Mutch - Gone
  • Grozos - Gone
  • Yeboah - Retain
  • Muller - Gone
  • Ziegler - Gone
  • Cancar - Retain
  • McDonald - Gone/Retire
  • Gordon - Retain.

Forward - Yeboah, Ibini

yeboah what makes you think we will retain?

4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

yeboah what makes you think we will retain?

He scored 4 goals from about 6 games worth of time on the pitch. That's a good ratio.

41 minutes ago, mack said:

He scored 4 goals from about 6 games worth of time on the pitch. That's a good ratio.

Yeah but he's so injury prone.

2 hours ago, mack said:

He plays like bambi on ice hence his 6 games worth of time 

1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

Is Yeboah actually injured at the moment or CR given him the cold shoulder?

If he's not hurt it's probably just him being behind Duke, Kamau and Ibini, with the other spot going for McDonald.

• mack unpinned and locked this topic