Jump to content

Squad Development 2021


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, GE942150 said:

Mutch just posted an Insta story showing that he's on the plane leaving Sydney. Not sure if that means he's going on a holiday or if he's actually gone from the club. 

Probably gone it was only for this season his contract. I can't see why we would extend when we got Urgakovic and Dorrans just waste the foreign space.

Link to post
1 hour ago, GE942150 said:

Mutch just posted an Insta story showing that he's on the plane leaving Sydney. Not sure if that means he's going on a holiday or if he's actually gone from the club. 

What a loss, how do we replace him? Who else can come on at 2-0 down in the 65min to make some tidy passes and miss sitters 

Link to post
57 minutes ago, TwoLeftFoots said:

Didn't seem to gel or get along with anyone in the team either. 

I base that on the lack of comradery between him and the team after goals were scored.

Still think he is/Was a good signing. 

How was he a good signing? 
 

Hardly played and took up our last foreign spot

Link to post
1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Probably gone it was only for this season his contract. I can't see why we would extend when we got Urgakovic and Dorrans just waste the foreign space.

If we lose the Parklea Messi we are light on but Mutch ain’t the answer get some sexual number 10 

Link to post
9 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Salary cap increased to $2.5m (up 400k) and clubs will be able to assign an additional 2 "designated players" outside cap. Not clear if it means 4 "marquees" now, or if those 2 additional have to meet any conditions

 

Edit: Those 2 players need to be in the 300k-600k pay bracket

So this is just business as usual for City and sfc?

Link to post
19 hours ago, Frankos187 said:

Hemed + Lederer… both Jewish!!!

also saw somewhere that Derbyshire could be off, so could go the cows. 

Bobo is also off contract at seasons end. So probably between ESFC and the cows to get him 

Link to post
7 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

How was he a good signing? 
 

Hardly played and took up our last foreign spot

On calibre of player.

Easy to see the guy had great vision and knew how to control the game.

 

Can't comment on what happens behind the scenes because I don't know, but when mutch and dorrans were together in the derby they bossed it

Link to post

Mutch was the type of signing you make when the club have either failed to scout properly or failed to sign the players they did scout properly. He came in after our first game of the season on a short term contract that was effectively a trial for a long term signing, another Avid management (and an ex-Vancouver Whitecaps player) signing.

Link to post
2 hours ago, TwoLeftFoots said:

On calibre of player.

Easy to see the guy had great vision and knew how to control the game.

 

Can't comment on what happens behind the scenes because I don't know, but when mutch and dorrans were together in the derby they bossed it

He looked a decent player, but for whatever reason CR didn’t play him ‘Mutch’ a decent centre back like Alberto and our season would still be going 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, mack said:

Mutch was the type of signing you make when the club have either failed to scout properly or failed to sign the players they did scout properly. He came in after our first game of the season on a short term contract that was effectively a trial for a long term signing, another Avid management (and an ex-Vancouver Whitecaps player) signing.

CR “team lacks leadership and doesn’t have a player for set pieces “

 

He signed three foreign players on decent wedge and by his own assessment he didn’t address either of those two issues 

 

 

Link to post
32 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

So chatting with @Wanderingbeersclub on FB. Apparently there’s an article suggesting that next season will have 3 designated players with a cap of 800k each outside of the normal marquees.

If this is true then the mass exodus couldn’t have come at a better time. Time for Lederer to put up or stfu

Lederer is spending money he should be spending on us, to run the Newcastle Jets. I doubt he's suddenly going to want to fill the marquees and designated player squads any differently than we've done this season.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

So chatting with @Wanderingbeersclub on FB. Apparently there’s an article suggesting that next season will have 3 designated players with a cap of 800k each outside of the normal marquees.

If this is true then the mass exodus couldn’t have come at a better time. Time for Lederer to put up or stfu

Yeah, it's what I mentioned earlier on this page. It's 2 additional on the existing 2 spots and must earn between 300-600k.

10 hours ago, wswnick said:

Salary cap increased to $2.5m (up 400k) and clubs will be able to assign an additional 2 "designated players" outside cap. Not clear if it means 4 "marquees" now, or if those 2 additional have to meet any conditions

 

Edit: Those 2 players need to be in the 300k-600k pay bracket

 

Link to post
50 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Mutch was signed on a 6 month contract, took 3 months to get fit and spent the next 3 months coming off the bench. That’s gotta go down as one of the dumbest/worst/most pointless signings I’ve seen in the aleague. Bravo Carl

And you forgot plays in a position that we already had covered

Link to post
10 hours ago, hughsey said:

Mutch was signed on a 6 month contract, took 3 months to get fit and spent the next 3 months coming off the bench. That’s gotta go down as one of the dumbest/worst/most pointless signings I’ve seen in the aleague. Bravo Carl

The thing was it was weird because when he did play he solidified our midfield and made Dorrans a lot better. Still we need criticise the fact he was a foreign player that the contribution was nowhere near enough and if it was a fitness issue than it was waste to have him.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

The thing was it was weird because when he did play he solidified our midfield and made Dorrans a lot better. Still we need criticise the fact he was a foreign player that the contribution was nowhere near enough and if it was a fitness issue than it was waste to have him.

His best game was the derby we played 4 at back too got 2-0 and out tactical genius went back to a 3 well 5 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...