Squad Development 2021

MacArthur with Daniel De Silva, Davila and Noone next season…

Davidson (avid sports group) off too MVFC

WSW sleeping at the wheel??? high profile signings incomings?

or we end up with leftovers like Miller and O’Donovan 

Edited by Frankos187

Well if we want foreign players not already here in the ALeague, we better start making moves considering that they will need to quarantine a while then try to get in enough training for Round 1

If Robbo says he needs a leader shouldn't he have formed an idea about who to get already? :unknw:

2 hours ago, pseudonym said:

Well if we want foreign players not already here in the ALeague, we better start making moves considering that they will need to quarantine a while then try to get in enough training for Round 1

If Robbo says he needs a leader shouldn't he have formed an idea about who to get already? :unknw:

In one of the recent press conferences CR was talking about “massive” developments behind the scenes, and in the Adelaide presser he suggested that he knows who he is going to sign. But he is a salesman, talks a lot. We’ll see soon enough.

My wish: three new imports that have the quality and care factor of a Ziggy Gordon. Guys who want to be at the club. CR has been pretty **** signing those kind of players, I hope he has a better hand this off season. 

4 hours ago, pseudonym said:

You won't see the best of us until after Christmas, that's the Wanderers mantra..

10 hours ago, Smoggy said:

You won't see the best of us until after Christmas, that's the Wanderers mantra..

I was going to write a post about this but it felt familiar so I searched the word "cycle" in my post history.

End of the 18/19 season:

On 08/04/2019 at 8:34 AM, Davo said:

So another massive clean out and another wait until round 15 for the team to "gel". Then because we didn't get going until mid season we won't win anything so the season will be a failure and we'll need another clean out.

The WSW cycle continues...

Beginning of the 19/20 season:

On 13/08/2019 at 5:06 PM, Davo said:

There's still plenty of time to get players in although I can understand some people getting impatient.

We've had seasons in the past where we've signed players late then gone through the cycle of slow start, concerns around getting them up to fitness, lose a few more games, players are fit but now they need to "gel" with the rest of the team, lose some more, sign a few emergency players in January to push for the finals, wait for those players to "gel", finish a disappointing season and release all the players.

As I said we're still a way away from that point and I'm not worried, but people remember.

Beginning of the 20/21 season:

On 12/12/2020 at 6:32 PM, Davo said:

Even if we are planning to sign more senior players are they going to be any good?

Lopar was one of our best players and his salary wasn’t going up soon as he’d signed a two year contract extension at the beginning of the year, but the club couldn’t afford to keep him. Now they suddenly have enough money to spend on players who are an unknown quantity as they haven’t been at the club?

And as mentioned, any foreigners will need to quarantine so they won’t even be able to meet their teammates in person before round one, let alone get match fit. Same as previous seasons it’ll be the cycle of, needs to get match fit, needs time to gel with the team, missed finals, fired everyone, sign replacements after preseason is pretty much over, etc.

We’ll be scraping the bottom of the barrel to pick up “experienced” A-League players i.e. the guys who are trying to get a free sub by stamping their card with all the clubs.

Don't think I'll bother writing another one.

35 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Please don't write another Historical novel , look to the future hey !!!

Two of those three quotes were pre-season, looking to the future and unfortunately ended up being correct.

16 hours ago, Frankos187 said:

Or Perhaps words out that we are a basket case,player/manager revolving door ,mid to bottom table team and we cannot attract top quality players ??

42 minutes ago, Davo said:

Two of those three quotes were pre-season, looking to the future and unfortunately ended up being correct.

Yep.

2 hours ago, Keithie said:

1 hour ago, Davo said:

If you don't look at the past...then you cannot properly plan for the future. You just make the same mistakes over and over again. Sounds familiar. 

1 hour ago, iamwesternsydney said:

seems like baccus must have signed already, just waiting on window to open to announce

https://www.nemzetisport.hu/labdarugo_nb_i/ftc-eloben-kozvetitik-a-nemetorszagi-edzotabor-merkozeseit-2832347

That good for him if it has been done. Which leaves us with Urgakovic and Dorrans. We probably need to sign or promote a CM for back up. 

The club also still awaiting to announce its releases.

We have analysed the past to death there comes a time when you have to move forward , we have decided what we did wrong here with our shiny arse lounge chair analysts over and over again and here is bloke quoting old posts from 2019 for goodness sake ,  the season is over we have failed in all our views we know what needs to done, lets hope the blokes in Charge can pull of a few good signings, 

Tomer Hemed wonder where he is going ??

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

We have analysed the past to death there comes a time when you have to move forward , we have decided what we did wrong here with our shiny arse lounge chair analysts over and over again and here is bloke quoting old posts from 2019 for goodness sake ,  the season is over we have failed in all our views we know what needs to done, lets hope the blokes in Charge can pull of a few good signings, 

You've misunderstood my post. I was trying to write something forward looking but realised it was going to be exactly the same thing that I said before last season, and the season before that. Rather than write it again my forward looking prediction for next season is "see above".

I actually hope I'm wrong and you're right here. I want the club to succeed and win everything. I want Robbo to figure out how to make his formation work. I want the club to figure out how to sign players in time for pre-season rather than meet their team mates in Round 2 and get match fit in time for Round 6. I want them to figure out how to sign visa players that actually make us better and are guaranteed starters. 

If I'm going to look forward and see what the club needs to do to succeed then I'm going to look back and see what they need to improve. If I pretend the mistakes of the past didn't happen, or that the current structures that are in place and have failed don't need to be changed than I'm just naively hoping things will magically get better. You say we know what needs to be done, but we knew before the 19/20 season and didn't do it. We knew before the 20/21 season and didn't do it. Saying we should move past the mistakes of previous seasons and just look forward is a recipe for knowing what needs to be done before the 21/22 season and not doing it.

You say we're armchair analysts then get upset when we analyse football on a football forum.

Davo all I am saying we beaten to death what we have done wrong , it is a necessary thing to happen , but , there comes a time where we should use our learned knowledge and start applying it to the future.

We all agree our centre backs didn't do their job we have analysed their shortcomings and hope Robbo has the same view.

We done the same with midfield and attackers ,

So now we can talk about available players and would they fit , we can argue that eg: I think Irena would be good for us , Mack thinks he is an ok footballer that's all we can agree to disagree.

For me I thought Troisi was good for us in the AM role others thought he was awful and I was hopeful Baccus would step up next year in that role and take us to another level but he is going.

For me I think Yeboah is work keeping as last 20 minute man , when he keeps his feet he causes havoc for tired opposition.

Could we have used Davila ??

Could we have used Squeaky voiced Craige Noone out right winger not sure.

Is Hemed available could he be good for us , I think yes he would be great.

Who else other than foreigners could we use or pinch. ?   

22 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Davo all I am saying we beaten to death what we have done wrong , it is a necessary thing to happen , but , there comes a time where we should use our learned knowledge and start applying it to the future.

The thing all of us here can have is an opinion, but at the end of the day it's results on the pitch that count and club management have shown they as yet do not have a clue.

Say what you like about Macarthur but they did make the finals and have progressed from wk 1 to challenge for a spot in a GF, same as we did S1, they have signed two quality visa players already and who will start every game and do bring quality to their new club shows they mean business. Our quality signings are....?

They say you can't change history but today is tomorrows history and unless you make changes today,then that history will just keep on repeating as it has done for the past 4 season. 

Edited by sonar
18 hours ago, FCB said:

In one of the recent press conferences CR was talking about “massive” developments behind the scenes, and in the Adelaide presser he suggested that he knows who he is going to sign. But he is a salesman, talks a lot. We’ll see soon enough.

My wish: three new imports that have the quality and care factor of a Ziggy Gordon. Guys who want to be at the club. CR has been pretty **** signing those kind of players, I hope he has a better hand this off season. 

We need them to have the care factor of Ziggy, however 2 of them at least need to better quality 

Caring should be a given. 

53 minutes ago, Keithie said:

We all agree our centre backs didn't do their job we have analysed their shortcomings and hope Robbo has the same view.

So now we can talk about available players and would they fit , we can argue that eg: I think Irena would be good for us , Mack thinks he is an ok footballer that's all we can agree to disagree.

For me I thought Troisi was good for us in the AM role others thought he was awful and I was hopeful Baccus would step up next year in that role and take us to another level but he is going.

For me I think Yeboah is work keeping as last 20 minute man , when he keeps his feet he causes havoc for tired opposition.

Yeboah would be worth keeping if he was good at football 

He isn’t,  he can run when he wants to but he’s not a footballer 

he’s like sotirio with less effort

Edited by StringerBellend
54 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Are you seriously asking if we could use Davila 

Lets think could we use a skilled number 10 who makes players around him look better? 

No probably not let’s have yeboah shin the ball over the sideline and trip over his own feet 

not really switched on hey :) 

1 is a core team player 

The other is 20 minute squaddie 

Pay rate is a lot different 

;)

According to Wellington the Davillas of South America are a dime a dozen because they have one that is better they are negotiating with.

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

not really switched on hey :) 

1 is a core team player 

The other is 20 minute squaddie 

Pay rate is a lot different 

;)

According to Wellington the Davillas of South America are a dime a dozen because they have one that is better they are negotiating with.

Ok then it should be easy for your mate to find us one, rather than injury prone player, unfit player from one of his previous clubs to waste a foriegn spot on 

as for yeboah I’m not convinced of the value of a player that comes on with 20 to go and trips over the ball in 

Sydney have showed how you win the league under a salary cap, you focus your $ on to us starting XI, have a couple of versatile bench players and the rest kids 

CRs obsession with a massive squad and having a bench load of experience d players is pointless on a league of 26 games, a cup comp that you blink and miss and no continental football 

drove me mad Fox banging on about our fire power on the bench, they are no use on the bench far better to have actual quality in your starting XI rather than just subbing one ok player with little end product for another one in the 70th minute 

The the three man change the game subs make us like an AA8 trying to make sure everyone who has paid rego gets a game 

7 hours ago, Keithie said:

He belongs at SFC , club sponsored by ***** business people

19 hours ago, jockman said:

Or Perhaps words out that we are a basket case,player/manager revolving door ,mid to bottom table team and we cannot attract top quality players ??

That's my fear.

It very hard to change perception that the club are NOT a basket case when they keep performing at a weak mediocre level... hiring crap players/staff/managers, losing or not investing/not retaining decent players, lack of mental resilience, lack of mental discipline (keeping our eye on the prize) for a full 90mins not to mention the amount of players unable to physically play the full 90mins. 

We need to change what we are doing to get a different result, and start winning. That will shut up the critics, including me

On 14/06/2021 at 6:46 PM, Frankos187 said:

Davidson was never going going anywhere but with Popa to Vic.

On 15/06/2021 at 10:09 AM, Keithie said:

The club has been looking to the future for the past 5 years and in doing so, have relentlessly neglected/ignored the present.

We’ve sat through season after season of failure while being fed the same statements about how the next season will make all the difference. We’ve just completed the 5th season in a row that was meant to be the ‘breakthrough’.

It’s time to set the club up to perform immediately cause the fans pay their money and attend games in the present, not the future. No more excuses. 

• mack unpinned and locked this topic