Squad Development 2021

56 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Kenny Miller input / influence I suspect.

Miller and Dorrans played together at Rangers in 17/18. Interview with both of them starts at 5:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLeTBj2Xoxw

Good signing. Obviously been a while since i've watched him in the prem but he was an all round midfielder if not abit attacking in his younger years with a decent bullet of a strike in his locker. Could work alright in a midfield trio in the 532 (352 whatever it is) formation with Baccus and either JOD or the new victory boy. However we line up just get Muller out of the midfield!!

2 hours ago, Davo said:

Shoots outside the penalty box  
Shoots inside the 18 year box  
Shoots inside the 6 yard box  
Scores on follow through passes  
Can score on free kicks  
Can score penalty kicks  

Going to be a great player and it seems he can play either anywhere in the midfield. He'll be a great additive to the squad. 

Edited by MathyouWSW

For Unlimited, FIFA20 comparison between Schwegler and Dorrans

FIFA20...Schwegler...Dorrans
Pace........40...............55
Shooting..67..............65
Pass........73...............72
Dribble.....72..............70
Defend.....73..............56
Physical...66..............66
Overall.....74..............70

His partners In midfield will have to more defending based on above. Similar players otherwise.

So the squad so far looks like this if it's 3-4-1-2. I am missing an AM. Maybe Antonis would be 

.....................................Lopar(V)

.................McGowan... Tass.....Ziegler (V?)

Russell.......Dorrans(V).........Baccus......Georgievski

................................Muller (V)

........................Cox(V)...........Yeboah

Bench: Adam, O'Doherty, Lesiotis, Wilmering,  Janjetovic, Grozos 

6 hours ago, Paul01 said:

So the squad so far looks like this if it's 3-4-1-2. I am missing an AM. Maybe Antonis would be 

Is Antonis not typically DM?

Where has the talk of Antonis come from? Is there actual speculation he may become available or are you just wishing ..?

A Baccus, Dorrans, Antonis midfield in a 433 could do wonderful things in the Covid-League. 

Also, if its going to be a 3-4-1-2 then we need more centre backs. I really hope its a 433 or 4321. I think Dan Georgevski and Russell (and McGowan) would all benefit from a back 4

7 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Need to stop shoe-horning Muller into that number 10 position. Just because he has pedigree doesn't mean he can play anywhere over here. Hes an absolute waste there and throws away so much possession due to it being so un-natural to his game. In that system he plays up front with Cox. The cons of that are we lose alot of pace but then again Yeboah is pretty much false pace and everything else.....

Edited by DeeDee
2 hours ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Where has the talk of Antonis come from? Is there actual speculation he may become available or are you just wishing ..?

A Baccus, Dorrans, Antonis midfield in a 433 could do wonderful things in the Covid-League. 

Also, if its going to be a 3-4-1-2 then we need more centre backs. I really hope its a 433 or 4321. I think Dan Georgevski and Russell (and McGowan) would all benefit from a back 4

Rumours were over the last week was that he was leaving/getting released and wanted to return to Australia. I'm pretty sure the K League finished recently and he was a bench (squad) player.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
1 minute ago, MathyouWSW said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-linked-jack-wilshere-turns-22979868

"Jack Wilshere has turned down the opportunity to move to Australia and is mulling over a number of options, according to a report."

I've got a feeling he was approached by Robinson and he turned it down. :(

Would’ve been a great pick up

76 on FIFA

1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-linked-jack-wilshere-turns-22979868

"Jack Wilshere has turned down the opportunity to move to Australia and is mulling over a number of options, according to a report."

my mate is a big Arsenal fan and calls him sicknote, reckons he is made of glass due to all the injuries he's picked up over the years.

1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

Doubt we'd fork out the money required.