Carl Robinson Discussion

I’m all for giving managers time if there’s some signs of progress or general improvement, despite results. I’ve always thought managers get shafted way too soon but that implies there is potential there.

Robbo seems like a nice bloke but he is a **** manager. 23 games into the season he barely knows what his preferred starting line up is, he barely makes any tactical adjustment during a game other than fresh legs subs and then he trots out the same trivial BS after every loss. The only consistent aspect of his management is a back 3 that doesn’t work and is a total liability.

Throughout the season we’ve jagged the occasional win and then the following game do a total 180 and go backwards. Only twice have we strung consecutive wins together and on both of those occasions we got smashed when that tiny streak came to an end. We’re not on any sort of trajectory, it feels like we hit reset and start from scratch each week.

Unless Robbo undergoes some major professional  development and somehow reinvents himself as a manager in the off season, I don’t see how anything will change between now and then. 

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

I always think there is a reason a young British manager is on the Canadian and Australian tour rather than learning their trade in the English or Scottish lower divisions. And that is because generally they are shyte.

Next stop Indian league then for CR ??

17 hours ago, TwoLeftFoots said:

I think his love of ugarkovic changed our tactics from last derby.

Yes he is a quality player, but when chasing the finals, you can't put on a player in the heart if midfield and expect miracles. Takes time to gel.  I think this has cost us a couple of times in recent weeks.

I like Ugarkovic but in many ways he is similar to Dorrans and we need to mix it up a little more. If we had a player in the Castro/Diamante class our piecemeal players might look like world beaters !!

At the start of the season I thought WSW had the best coaching group. Now I am thinking that we just about have the worst.

Mueller was on fire at the start of the season, Duke when he returned. Dorrans, Mutch, Cox - solid players with EPL and CL experience, but don't perform. Ibini and Troisi not coming up to speed. Baccus going backwards. That on the manager.

He's been talking a lot about what needs to be changed, fine tuned, improved. Talking about how we need to take our chances and concede less goals. But here we are, at the pointy end of the season, and we are not creating chances, but are leaking goals to often instead.

He's all talk. Second-hand car salesman masquerading as football manager.

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

Robbo will be given a chance to build his own squad hopefully do a minor clean out and fill the critical positions with quality players. 

It’s his squad now 

he signed 7 of the starting line up out of the rest three are kids that he plays and the only other he made captain 

Actually three of the subs

its his squad 

Well we can all look at it from different angles and have a judgment based on your own interpretation but all I can say is that the ones who pay the bills have decided correctly to keep faith in Robbo we all can sit on our shiny arses and comment on how crappy all this is , and the only way to deal with it is to take a walk.

for me I am gunna give my full support and hope the wanderers can build on some stability into the future.

30 minutes ago, FCB said:

At the start of the season I thought WSW had the best coaching group. Now I am thinking that we just about have the worst.

Mueller was on fire at the start of the season, Duke when he returned. Dorrans, Mutch, Cox - solid players with EPL and CL experience, but don't perform. Ibini and Troisi not coming up to speed. Baccus going backwards. That on the manager.

He's been talking a lot about what needs to be changed, fine tuned, improved. Talking about how we need to take our chances and concede less goals. But here we are, at the pointy end of the season, and we are not creating chances, but are leaking goals to often instead.

He's all talk. Second-hand car salesman masquerading as football manager.

To conceed 5 away at MV and then 5 away at Perth suggests he doesn't have a clue.

Boro have gone through a few periods like that. What the manager has then done is said OK this isnt working. This resulted in some ******* dour 0-0 games..but it stabilised things and kept us always in every game. We went on to win a few 1-0 and lose a few the same. Popa was similar in that respect.

The fact that the 5 conceeded at MV was far from an outlier gets me. And to happen again within a month, crazy football. 

Edited by Smoggy
9 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Well we can all look at it from different angles and have a judgment based on your own interpretation but all I can say is that the ones who pay the bills have decided correctly to keep faith in Robbo we all can sit on our shiny arses and comment on how crappy all this is , and the only way to deal with it is to take a walk.

for me I am gunna give my full support and hope the wanderers can build on some stability into the future.

He’ll be here under the end of season, beyond that who knows?

19 minutes ago, Keithie said:

I think we all know we all seen that but it is now the past so how about start looking forward or ya Gunnar trip over you shoe laces 

Robbo will be here to build a team in the off season that is guaranteed 

You have inside information?

24 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Mate, this forum is like a group of folks at the pub on the beers talking about our team.....except we're texting.........:Dwe all support the team and want success and just because we think the current manager is crap,can't coach and who has the tactical nous of an U6 and should be turned into a eunuch to stop the spread of stupidity, doesn't mean that when we are in the stands or at home we don't barrack for WSW as hard as ever and we certainly don't want the team to lose. Whatever happens I'll still support WSW just as I have with Popa,Foxe,Gumby,Babbel,JPdM and Robinson.

Common sense we have scored more goals then 10 other teams in the league that vindicates his Robbo’s choice of attacking players.

We have conceded more goals than 10 other teams in the league so what do we do we replace the recalcitrant defenders with better ones.

what is the end result ? 

1 minute ago, Keithie said:

Common sense we have scored more goals then 10 other teams in the league that vindicates his Robbo’s choice of attacking players.

We have conceded more goals than 10 other teams in the league so what do we do we replace the recalcitrant defenders with better ones.

what is the end result ? 

We lose our attackers...Kamau os and Duke end of loan...........we don't score but then don't concede.....26 draws and 13  points.......:P

2 hours ago, Keithie said:

Robbo will be given a chance to build his own squad hopefully do a minor clean out and fill the critical positions with quality players. 

19 minutes ago, Keithie said:

what is the end result ? 

Still dosn't explain why he persists playing 5 at the back and starting McGowan.

• mack changed the title to Carl Robinson Discussion
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic