Jump to content

Carl Robinson Discussion & Sackwatch


Recommended Posts

Just now, papersun said:

I think it's us and either two or three  more clubs. 

I can see the need for the Jets to remain in the League, traditional  football area here, hope an owner is found shortly.  

Lederer also isn't the sole owner of the Wanderers, although obviously the most visible one.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I also see the need for the Jets to remain. Just not sustainable as is for much longer..

Link to post
Just now, Smoggy said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I also see the need for the Jets to remain. Just not sustainable as is for much longer..

Maybe the broadcast deal just announced can be the catalyst for a potential owner to emerge.

Link to post
22 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Can someone remind me again just why we / Lederer are propping up the Jets ?

They needed the Jets in the league to satisfy the broadcast deal.

I can guarantee you they will want to offload it ASAP. But its about finding the right buyer.

Link to post
42 minutes ago, Carns said:

They needed the Jets in the league to satisfy the broadcast deal.

I can guarantee you they will want to offload it ASAP. But its about finding the right buyer.

Its always been Newcastle Jets Achilles heel. The owners has always been bad, from Constatine, to Tinkler to the Chinese firm they never have stability that is why they are stuck in the rut they are in.

I am pretty sure the Jets are really happy we finished where we did since we took their coach and their players.

Link to post
1 hour ago, papersun said:

I think it's us and either two or three  more clubs. 

Yep, three clubs formed a temporary "consortium" to organise the sale of the Jets

Western Sydney

Sydney FC

Western United

Link to post
48 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Its always been Newcastle Jets Achilles heel. The owners has always been bad, from Constatine, to Tinkler to the Chinese firm they never have stability that is why they are stuck in the rut they are in.

I am pretty sure the Jets are really happy we finished where we did since we took their coach and their players.

It's lucky we have stable ownership...imagine where we would finish if we didn't. 

Link to post
Posted (edited)

If you listen to the his post match press conference (the players and me have failed) he goes on to say he knows what needs to be done and starting this Sunday and Thursday it starts.

If a bunch of numnuts like us on the forum here can see what needs to be done then experienced people like Carl Robinson and Kenny Miller add people like Labinot Haliti and Patrick Zwannswijk will know what needs to done.

I do believe this group will get defensive issue and get some players who will have a go and improve the skills.

1 thing that come out of last night is that Keanu Baccus at attacking midfielder and Graeme Dorrans and Steven Ugarkovic will be the core of the team next season , I enjoyed watching Baccus have a real go last night and Dorrans has passion and should be club captain next season. Hopefully we will see a good step up for the 3 or 4 kids at the back and along with some good recruitment in the centre of defence we can move to another level.

As for the attack recruitment cannot begin until we see what happens with Duke and Kamau.

Players to go in my numnut view.

McGowan for sure

Ziegler for sure 

Muller for sure

Ibini for sure

Mutch not sure we have seen the best of him

Don't know what happens with Mourdakutis is he a good enough or has he plateaued 2 years ago he was our future in the centre of defense , not sure now. 

Grozos

Yeboah not sure if I would keep him as a late sub in the forward line.

McDonald will probably retire.

Troisi still 1 year for contract , underated as he does lot of good work of the ball but Baccus will push him out of the 10 position unless we play with 2 10s

come on October :xnod:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

Edited by Keithie
Link to post
7 minutes ago, Keithie said:

If you listen to the his post match press conference (the players and me have failed) he goes on to say he knows what needs to be done and starting this Sunday and Thursday it starts.

If a bunch of numnuts like us on the forum here can see what needs to be done then experienced people like Carl Robinson and Kenny Miller add people like Labinot Haliti and Patrick Zwannswijk will know what needs to done.

I do believe this group will get defensive issue and get some players who will have a go and improve the skills.

1 thing that come out of last night is that Keanu Baccus at attacking midfielder and Graeme Dorrans and Steven Ugarkovic will be the core of the team next season , I enjoyed watching Baccus have a real go last night and Dorrans has passion and should be club captain next season. Hopefully we will see a good step up for the 3 or 4 kids at the back and along with some good recruitment in the centre of defence we can move to another level.

As for the attack recruitment cannot begin until we see what happens with Duke and Kamau.

Players to go in my numnut view.

McGowan for sure

Ziegler for sure 

Muller for sure

Ibini for sure

Mutch not sure we have seen the best of him

Don't know what happens with Mourdakutis is he a good enough or has he plateaued 2 years ago he was our future in the centre of defense , not sure now. 

Grozos

Yeboah not sure if I would keep him as a late sub in the forward line.

McDonald will probably retire.

Troisi still 1 year for contract , underated as he does lot of good work of the ball but Baccus will push him out of the 10 position unless we play with 2 10s

come on October :xnod:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

Isn't McGowan contracted for another season?

Link to post
1 hour ago, Keithie said:

If you listen to the his post match press conference (the players and me have failed) he goes on to say he knows what needs to be done and starting this Sunday and Thursday it starts.

So after 24 games of a 26 game season he's figured out what needs to be done and think's he'll be able to start fixing it in time for the 25th and 26th games?

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Davo said:

So after 24 games of a 26 game season he's figured out what needs to be done and think's he'll be able to start fixing it in time for the 25th and 26th games?

Well better late than never eh......:D

Link to post
1 hour ago, Keithie said:

If you listen to the his post match press conference (the players and me have failed) he goes on to say he knows what needs to be done and starting this Sunday and Thursday it starts.

If a bunch of numnuts like us on the forum here can see what needs to be done then experienced people like Carl Robinson and Kenny Miller add people like Labinot Haliti and Patrick Zwannswijk will know what needs to done.

I do believe this group will get defensive issue and get some players who will have a go and improve the skills.

1 thing that come out of last night is that Keanu Baccus at attacking midfielder and Graeme Dorrans and Steven Ugarkovic will be the core of the team next season , I enjoyed watching Baccus have a real go last night and Dorrans has passion and should be club captain next season. Hopefully we will see a good step up for the 3 or 4 kids at the back and along with some good recruitment in the centre of defence we can move to another level.

As for the attack recruitment cannot begin until we see what happens with Duke and Kamau.

Players to go in my numnut view.

McGowan for sure

Ziegler for sure 

Muller for sure

Ibini for sure

Mutch not sure we have seen the best of him

Don't know what happens with Mourdakutis is he a good enough or has he plateaued 2 years ago he was our future in the centre of defense , not sure now. 

Grozos

Yeboah not sure if I would keep him as a late sub in the forward line.

McDonald will probably retire.

Troisi still 1 year for contract , underated as he does lot of good work of the ball but Baccus will push him out of the 10 position unless we play with 2 10s

come on October :xnod:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

Glad he knows what needs to be done Sunday, wouldn’t want the season to be a waste

 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Glad he knows what needs to be done Sunday, wouldn’t want the season to be a waste

 

Beaten me too it. This Sunday now means nothing, the season and damage is done. Anything about starting from this Sunday is just bluster.

CR might have a career in politics with Keithie as his chief spin doctor.

Edited by Smoggy
Link to post
11 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Doesn't want to peak too early.... I get it

Its all just a ruse, he wants us to think he is shyte and the pull a miracle from the hat in the last two games and knows miracle results will go in our favour..

Its a brave approach for sure...

Link to post

Smoggy Spin doctor lol ya kidding at least I look for positivity , compared to the woo betide us life sucks that every post of yours oozes , jees mate look at life from the positive side.

I should be a psychologist oops :)   

Link to post
15 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Smoggy Spin doctor lol ya kidding at least I look for positivity , compared to the woo betide us life sucks that every post of yours oozes , jees mate look at life from the positive side.

I should be a psychologist oops :)   

Not every post..only 98% :P

Link to post

Smoggy is positive ...he's positive the managers crap and so are some senior players and a lot of us agree...lol  

There have been so many games where supposed senior players have put in shockers. How about the game against Newcastle where we need to score to win and Yeboah instead of passing the ball forward decides to do a sideways pass over the effing sideline. You could list them but it would turn into a novel.

 

Link to post
Posted (edited)

so sonar does your life suck to are maths a problem are you living in past because Yeboah made a bad decision about 20 odd weeks ago was that the one and only reason we did not win ,are you sure !!! 

Edited by Keithie
Link to post
12 minutes ago, Keithie said:

so sonar does your life suck to are maths a problem are you living in past because Yeboah made a bad decision about 20 odd weeks ago was that the one and only reason we did not win ,are you sure !!! 

No my life doesn't suck at all.......:D

I have to laugh actually as I was called a loser on here because I once suggested we go out and support our team when we drew 1-1 with the Mariners when Gumby was in charge. The hide of me eh....:P

Been a supporter from day one.

Cheered us with the good games and bad.

One thing is clear though for those of us that have been here a while something has to give.

Four years of committing atrocities against football by managers AND players who wear our jersey is time to say enough is enough.

If you want to go around with the happy thought that all is rosey and blissful in Wanderland you may want to lay off whatever it is your taking because the reality is very different.. :D

:wanderturtle:

 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Keithie said:

Smoggy Spin doctor lol ya kidding at least I look for positivity , compared to the woo betide us life sucks that every post of yours oozes , jees mate look at life from the positive side.

I should be a psychologist oops :)   

Lets have some perspective on positivity as it relates to forum posters and our current situation.

We are currently in 9th posn with a few games to go. This will be our 4th year of not making the finals. Supporters are annoyed, frustrated and feel let down by the Club yet again with what has been served up to them this and the past 4 or 5 seasons.

Let me tell you that If Sydney Fc had experienced what we are experiencing they would have a lynch mob outside their admin headquarters demanding the sacking of all and sundry responsible. Our supporters have been remarkably calm and patient throughout but we can only take so much. Positivity my arse......  

Link to post
28 minutes ago, sonar said:

No my life doesn't suck at all.......:D

I have to laugh actually as I was called a loser on here because I once suggested we go out and support our team when we drew 1-1 with the Mariners when Gumby was in charge. The hide of me eh....:P

Been a supporter from day one.

Cheered us with the good games and bad.

One thing is clear though for those of us that have been here a while something has to give.

Four years of committing atrocities against football by managers AND players who wear our jersey is time to say enough is enough.

If you want to go around with the happy thought that all is rosey and blissful in Wanderland you may want to lay off whatever it is your taking because the reality is very different.. :D

:wanderturtle:

 

 

:good:

Link to post
Posted (edited)

well Sonar what are ya gunna do now let life continue to get you down or accept the reality.

The reality is Wanderers will continue to focus on the development of youth and Lederer's plan is to continue to develop these kids not to make wanderers great but to make money on selling them.

Lets face the true reality and we were only great when we were owned by the FFA , 2 very good years and then sold to Lederer, 2016 was a good year but under achieved,  true ?

The next year we dumped all the players that made 2016 a good year and since then,  mediocre performances ,treated poorly by coaches like Popa etc:

Carl Robertson will earn his salary carrying out what the boss wants like every business , true ? or he quits.

Wanderers will never be a big club like Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory because we don't invest and really cannot attract the better than average soccer player and when we have had a class Aussie player they move on quickly. Jamison , Ikonomedis. Take a look around the A league now and how many good ex wanderers are out there one we sacked a year or 2 ago is mow selected to represent Australia 

We do not get the Luke Bratten's the Jamie Mclaren's the Curtis Goods we get cheaper players like Dylan McGowan, James Troisi etc:    

 I have been with the wanderers as early as day 1 maybe you could call it day 0.

Wanderers will have a very good season soon maybe next year if Robertson can get some quality players, better than some of the lazy lot we have this year but he may be forced to promote 3 or 4 more kids .

If so same old same old so rather than brood over it accept it and get positive one day we may be ok. 

   

Edited by Keithie
Link to post
10 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Pseuds, do you know last nights attendance. It would have to be our lowest ever crowd.

looks like it was 5,068

I just search for information on Ultimate ALeague website

https://www.ultimatealeague.com/

That 5,068 figure is only one higher than our lowest ALeague crowd (pre COVID) of 5,067

WSW vs Brisbane 2-2

Glen Willows (Mudgee)

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...