Carl Robinson Discussion & Sackwatch

And to those that state you cannot replicate season 1, I am well aware of that and is not what the post above is really about.

Following Middlesbrough for over 30 years home and away I have seen the good and bad times. Crowds of under 5k and protests to crowds of 35k plus and finals. 

The passion was always there and I don't think some of season 1 here has been lost. Its just the club and others have done their best to destroy that passion.

And that flows on to create wrong decision and poor performance.

Watching the press conference, CR sounds pretty confident that he'll be here next season. Said that he started planning for next season a while ago.

12 minutes ago, GE942150 said:

Watching the press conference, CR sounds pretty confident that he'll be here next season. Said that he started planning for next season a while ago.

So that explains it...he's be planning for next season the whole time. It's just that he forgot that he had this season to finish first.

8 hours ago, Smoggy said:

And to those that state you cannot replicate season 1, I am well aware of that and is not what the post above is really about.

Following Middlesbrough for over 30 years home and away I have seen the good and bad times. Crowds of under 5k and protests to crowds of 35k plus and finals. 

The passion was always there and I don't think some of season 1 here has been lost. Its just the club and others have done their best to destroy that passion.

And that flows on to create wrong decision and poor performance.

Yeah but Middlesbrough's not a Franchise.....

16 hours ago, Keithie said:

Carl's post conference was very good , very honest responses and very open on this year just gone. Big year next year for the Wanderers  , come on October !!!!!! 

No one can fault Robbo on how he speaks, it’s his greatest strength. He’s very clever in telling people what they want to hear while deflecting from his shortcomings. Combine the fact he seems like a nice bloke and he’s a master of the media.

Problem is, all season long what he says and what he does are two completely different things. If he does survive for next season he needs to let his management do the talking cause I’m not interested in how well he can explain himself, I’m interested in winning. 

Posted (edited)

Robbo will be ok next season , Wanderers will be very good next season. 

I have all the faith in Robbo, that may disappear as next season progresses  but I seriously doubt it.

He now knows what he needs to make Wanderers good and by the time he is finished in the offseason he will have let the no hopers go and brought in some quality players.

Then it is up to him, Miller and his support coaching staff to make it work.

Lets give him that chance.  

Edited by Keithie
1 hour ago, Keithie said:

I have all the faith in Robbo, that may disappear as next season progresses  but I seriously doubt it.

He now knows what he needs to make Wanderers good and by the time he is finished in the offseason he will have let the no hopers go and brought in some quality players.

I am leaning towards this view points also.

But I suspect he has burned through much credit with PL. A bad start to next season until half way he won't finish the season as our manager....

But yes.....another chance...

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

I am leaning towards this view points also.

But I suspect he has burned through much credit with PL. A bad start to next season until half way he won't finish the season as our manager....

But yes.....another chance...

Yep...But mainly because the revolving door again has no appeal at all.

More of the same for any time next season will be too much to tolerate.

Still going to be a big turnover even if we keep Robbo.

Can easily see Mutch, Baccus, Duke, Muller, Kamau and McDonald not being with us next season.

Turn over

Baccus will be his choice

Kamau will be his choice.

Muller contract over  

Mutch contract over 

Duke well he is not ours so he will go back to S/A

McDonald if he watch his breakaway attempt on Adelaide he would probably retire.

I am sure we will see some quality players coming in.

We need only 3 a centre forward , a centre back and an attacking Midfielder , thats all !!!

12 hours ago, Keithie said:

I love your optimism, I haven’t felt that positive since ambo gave me Ketamine 

6 hours ago, Keithie said:

Turn over

Baccus will be his choice

Kamau will be his choice.

Muller contract over  

Mutch contract over 

Duke well he is not ours so he will go back to S/A

McDonald if he watch his breakaway attempt on Adelaide he would probably retire.

I am sure we will see some quality players coming in.

We need only 3 a centre forward , a centre back and an attacking Midfielder , thats all !!!

If we are going to keep up with CRS system we need a wing back with experience who can cross 

But I don’t disagree we don’t need that many players to be competitive, hence me frustration at CR signing 16 and still not fixing CB 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, hughsey said:

If we’re going to keep his system then we will also need VVD, Ramos and Varane in the centre of defence...

Simply bot having McGowan is a good start.

Did the maths the other day.

34% win rate over all.

27% win rate with McGowan (18 games)

50% win rate without McGowan (8 games, 4 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss which was the Perth spanking)

2 monster CBs in the off season and maybe he can make this mental system work

Edited by Upthehill
13 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

In a particularly **** league too

This has been very understated. The inconsistency across the league was horrendous this season. Even City had a rough patch at the beginning of the campaign.

22 minutes ago, hughsey said:

This has been very understated. The inconsistency across the league was horrendous this season. Even City had a rough patch at the beginning of the campaign.

yep its been entertaining but other than City and Sydney the teams are all pretty poor. That Sydney finished so comfortably second, with an ageing Nobo and Le Fondre for only about a month says it all

Good luck to the Roar but when your attacking weapons are Joey Champness, and some NPL player..

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

yep its been entertaining but other than City and Sydney the teams are all pretty poor. That Sydney finished so comfortably second, with an ageing Nobo and Le Fondre for only about a month says it all

Good luck to the Roar but when your attacking weapons are Joey Champness, and some NPL player..

Even Sydney have had issues this season; they will probably end up playing the Mariners so it won't be easy with a few regulars missing.