Carl Robinson Discussion & Sackwatch

4 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

You guys have to stop posting like this. I come in to the WSF site and see the latest posts in the side bar that include some of the above and I think ooooo CR is gone, only to have my hopes dashed :(

As people on here keep saying......"it's the hope that gets you"........:D

14 hours ago, Carns said:

If CR hasn't got the arse yet can we assume the club are sticking by him? Unless they do like they did with JP and wait till they have the next one lined up before punting him. My feeling is they're keeping him around to "save face".

In slightly related news Kevin Muscat is rumoured to be going to Celtic with Ange as his assistant (an ex-Rangers player no less), if true, can rule him out as a suitable replacement.

He is in town shopping around.

6 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

No to Rudan. He is an ok coach but I am doubtful he can get us into the finals.

He know his job, but he can't handle the staff too nervous and no communication skill.

Yea that was typical. Look the way he will spin it is that the club was 4 points of the 6 and that we were always in the running. 

We were just too inconsistent. Results against Adelaide, Brisbane and our first game with the Cows ended up killing us. The worst one was the MV loss that made it difficult.

1 hour ago, WHACKO said:

Full backing of the board =  only a matter of time.

I'll start the Robinson Resignation Bingo game early by predicting gone by Rnd 8 next season. :ninja:

:D

( PS :  I hope I'm proven wrong.....:D )

7 minutes ago, sonar said:

I'll start the Robinson Resignation Bingo game early by predicting gone by Rnd 8 next season. :ninja:

Don't know if he'll be gone by Round 8...but I think we will know if he's got what it takes by then.

10 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Don't know if he'll be gone by Round 8...but I think we will know if he's got what it takes by then.

There is a little bit of tongue in cheek in what I wrote but going on what was produced this season I'm not overly optimistic about next season. Will most likely depend on the quality of what and who he signs.........hopefully quality visa players that actually play majority minutes.

Edited by sonar
9 minutes ago, Keithie said:

quits at end of finals series 2021/22 with a championship medal in his bag on the way back to Wales :) 

Do ya reckon he'll be able to find room in that bag with all the other Championship medals he's won?

1 hour ago, sonar said:

I’m going he will be punted just after Christmas (assuming the season starts October).

Edited by Smoggy

Ossified as Robbo is a young 44 years old I am sure it will only be start of highly successful career for him :) 

I think his trophy cabinet would hold quiet a lot of trophies but he only has to carry one trophy home , the rest are in his trophy cabinet back in Wales :P

5 hours ago, hughsey said:

Don't worry, once Robinson gets a full pre-season and gets to sign a dozen players of his own he'll be fine right? If Robinson can't keep the side in the top 4 a month into the season then punt him immediately, especially if he keeps playing his dumb 5 at the back pet formation with McGowan doing nothing in the middle of it.

7 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Yea that was typical. Look the way he will spin it is that the club was 4 points of the 6 and that we were always in the running. 

We were just too inconsistent. Results against Adelaide, Brisbane and our first game with the Cows ended up killing us. The worst one was the MV loss that made it difficult.

We weren’t inconsistent, we were just **** and have been foe 5 seasons 

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

Ossified as Robbo is a young 44 years old I am sure it will only be start of highly successful career for him :) 

I think his trophy cabinet would hold quiet a lot of trophies but he only has to carry one trophy home , the rest are in his trophy cabinet back in Wales :P

You mean it will be eetswa?

Dunno what the f$?@ that means but if means good yes we will be ok.

now he has been confirmed as next seasons coach we should all get behind him and support him , by us supporting him we are also supporting the club so how about we stop looking over our shoulders and look forward to some positive views for next season.

3 hours ago, Keithie said:

Dunno what the f$?@ that means but if means good yes we will be ok.

now he has been confirmed as next seasons coach we should all get behind him and support him , by us supporting him we are also supporting the club so how about we stop looking over our shoulders and look forward to some positive views for next season.

That’s a yes then 

I really genuinely hope you are right

If the team performs on the pitch then Robinson will get support and respect. So far the team hasn't performed to an acceptable standard and he hasn't earnt any respect from supporters or members. In games that mattered, when we needed to win we didn't. Allowing the team that got the wooden spoon to put 5 goals past us doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. So he's back for next season and we'll have to wait and see what is delivered. The club has made another error in judgement I believe in retaining him. Wait and see eh. ?

I, rather without enthusiasm, say it's probably the right thing to do, to keep him, but I wouldn't wait for 8  games to make a move, if consistency, improvement...and results aren't apparent.

Assuming there's someone decent to replace him with. For us, it seems like such a lottery... :sad:

5 hours ago, Keithie said:

4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

You mean it will be eetswa?

"Eetswa" has come to mind repeatedly when reading Keithie's recent posts.

As has the thought that he may be related to CR or PL. :lol:

Just keep looking forward and stop living in the past , look at poor old Smoggy he still lives in Middlesbrough in every discussion he has :)