Carl Robinson Discussion

1 hour ago, harrycripps said:

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with Daniel Margush

My son has played with Daniel since they were 7 or 8 for Croatia Raiders  and the SA state teams and Adelaide Utd youth and senior

Daniel is in my opinion in the top two olyroo level goalkeepers. He has been understudy for Galekovic and Izzo and when he got his chance he excelled

Lopar was excellent but he wanted more money and left

I am 100% sure he will be a great success at WSW

What's this? Somebody being positive? You are clearly new here, we can't be having that sort of behaviour here! Can you please immediately follow up with a we are doomed post?

Welcome that's great insight

21 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

What's this? Somebody being positive? You are clearly new here, we can't be having that sort of behaviour here! Can you please immediately follow up with a we are doomed post?

Welcome that's great insight

Must be from Adelaide, not Western Sydney :crazy:

Looks like we have got the mongrel back like Popa in the early days.

He has looked at academy players and brought in players where we hD weaknesses, except losing an excellent keeper through salary cap issues.

We are playing more games in a short space of time so we need rotation.

Gordon and Russell as a pair or right backs

Georgievski and Wilmering/Aquilina as left backs.

Central defenders of McGowan/Tass/Ziegler and Cancar

Defensive/Central midfielders of Dorrans/Baccus/O'Doherty

Attacking Midfield of Troisi and Grozos

Wingers of Muller/Yeboah/Kamau and Ibini 

Strikers Cox and Adam

We finally have some speed in the front third.

AND THIS IS BECAUSE ROBINSON IS RUTHLESS.

The media blitz continues. 

Carl Robinson was interviewed on Box-2-box and interesting facts revealed.

The financial position at Newcastle Jets has not changed since Robbo joined them last season.

WSW were the 3rd A-league club to to talk to Troisi

Ziggy Gordon was free to leave the Mariners if a better AND longer term option became available. He also had, as I suggested previously, with Kenny Miller.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

The media blitz continues. 

Carl Robinson was interviewed on Box-2-box and interesting facts revealed.

The financial position at Newcastle Jets has not changed since Robbo joined them last season.

WSW were the 3rd A-league club to to talk to Troisi

Ziggy Gordon was free to leave the Mariners if a better AND longer term option became available. He also had, as I suggested previously, with Kenny Miller.

Any indication as to who were the players he was after but unable to sign?

4 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Any indication as to who were the players he was after but unable to sign?

I was surprised we didnt go for Tomi Juric. We are short on quality strikers. He seems to have fond memories of  the club and is a local boy. Although, surely Djite would not be so hypocritical with the way he has responded over us snatching their local boy. Adelaide may have some delusion about juric being their hometown boy i suppose, because he played 7 games for them after being developed in the NSW state league followed by a couple of years in Croatia.

1 hour ago, JustWandering said:

I was surprised we didnt go for Tomi Juric. We are short on quality strikers. He seems to have fond memories of  the club and is a local boy. Although, surely Djite would not be so hypocritical with the way he has responded over us snatching their local boy. Adelaide may have some delusion about juric being their hometown boy i suppose, because he played 7 games for them after being developed in the NSW state league followed by a couple of years in Croatia.

We may have.

Juric was a fan of Babbel and his departure and the way it happened may of made him not wan to sign.

Tbh Juric is injury prone.....especially the last two years.

Edited by sonar
29 minutes ago, Keithie said:

And black snakes

OK...watched!

Now I get it! 😆

I really like him.

And I so hope he's what we have been looking and hoping for.

And that, if he is, he stays, and builds a stable team.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

OK...watched!

Now I get it! 😆

I really like him.

And I so hope he's what we have been looking and hoping for.

And that, if he is, he stays, and builds a stable team.

In other interviews he has been pretty honest that this is a stepping stone to bigger things (maybe Asia, then eventually back to UK). I don't believe he'll leave without trying to achieve something, but don't count your chickens he'll be here for years and years. It's a 3 year deal and if he does well I'd imagine he'll be gone then or sooner.

FYI I like him in general and think he can do good things at the club in a relatively short space of time. But if he's good enough, he'll be poached.

12 minutes ago, mack said:

Lots of cap space still available, still trying to finalise player signings, still a foreign spot left. 

Surprising considering the players we have signed so far, hopefully we can further strengthen the squad and push for title contention.

• mack changed the title to Carl Robinson Discussion
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic