Carl Robinson Discussion & Sackwatch

18 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Yeah the first derby at Bankwest was when Schwegler tackled someone and fell into Corica. 

Corica had a dummy spit, got in Schwegler's face and tried to arc up to him.

Then Schwegler produced one of my favourite moments in derby history:

Duke Wins Derby - First Team Match Reports - West Sydney FootballA League news: Western Sydney Wanderers defeat Sydney FC in controversial  Sydney derby

Then there was this after Georgievski got sent off for his kick out at Tilio:

Sydney FC coach Steve Corica lashes out at Western Sydney Wanderers star  after derby loss, A-League news

The should be in our emojis selections especially Schwegler 

2 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Yeah the first derby at Bankwest was when Schwegler tackled someone and fell into Corica. 

Corica had a dummy spit, got in Schwegler's face and tried to arc up to him.

Then Schwegler produced one of my favourite moments in derby history:

Duke Wins Derby - First Team Match Reports - West Sydney FootballA League news: Western Sydney Wanderers defeat Sydney FC in controversial  Sydney derby

Then there was this after Georgievski got sent off for his kick out at Tilio:

Sydney FC coach Steve Corica lashes out at Western Sydney Wanderers star  after derby loss, A-League news

It was the last picture which made me think he looked like a weasel

28 minutes ago, Davo said:

I thought Fergo was a Liverpool fan. Mel's definitely a United fan so that would explain getting a few shots in on him.

Well back on track

Carlo is a Manchester United fan.

• 1 month later...

Robinson was recently interviewed and he gave his brief on how he feels about the team:

It goes for almost 8 minutes.

Edited by MathyouWSW
58 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Robinson was recently interviewed and he gave his brief on how he feels about the team:

It goes for almost 8 minutes.

He says the right things and I like his outlook. I think he'd build a good environment. Only thing is whether he can outsmart other coahes tactically. Time will tell.

I’d love to know the club hierarchy’s thoughts on the questionable ‘affiliation’ Robbo has with this player agency. Carl’s old boys club is gonna get pretty old if things don’t start picking up

18 hours ago, hughsey said:

I’d love to know the club hierarchy’s thoughts on the questionable ‘affiliation’ Robbo has with this player agency. Carl’s old boys club is gonna get pretty old if things don’t start picking up

Ummm what is questionable about his relationship with said player agency ??, who are the old boys Dorrans, Mutch ??? both not going to bad me thinks 

Just Remember he did not sign Ziegler,  McGowan, Georgesvki, Baccus and Yeboah , he did bring in Gordan Mutch Dorrans Troisi Duke and brought back Kamau, Ibini might be his only questionable signing.

I am going to support this bloke Robbo as at this stage as he has not done a lot wrong lets work forward with him not white ant him.:)       

5 hours ago, Keithie said:

Ummm what is questionable about his relationship with said player agency ??, who are the old boys Dorrans, Mutch ??? both not going to bad me thinks 

Just Remember he did not sign Ziegler,  McGowan, Georgesvki, Baccus and Yeboah , he did bring in Gordan Mutch Dorrans Troisi Duke and brought back Kamau, Ibini might be his only questionable signing.

I am going to support this bloke Robbo as at this stage as he has not done a lot wrong lets work forward with him not white ant him.:)       

Dorrans isn't an Avid man

14 hours ago, Keithie said:

You can still support him while finding it strange and questioning what the go is. We aren’t the first fans of a club he’s managed to bring it up either, so there’s clearly a grey area there. We had one go out of his way to bring it up on this very forum. Doesn’t matter who he has signed, managers having affiliations that bias them more towards signing a particular pool of players because of an affiliation rather than pure playing talent is a really bad look imo. For a guy like Robbo who seems pretty switched on and honest, it seems out of character for him to be a part of something like this that raises eyebrows.

42 minutes ago, hughsey said:

You can still support him while finding it strange and questioning what the go is. We aren’t the first fans of a club he’s managed to bring it up either, so there’s clearly a grey area there. We had one go out of his way to bring it up on this very forum. Doesn’t matter who he has signed, managers having affiliations that bias them more towards signing a particular pool of players because of an affiliation rather than pure playing talent is a really bad look imo. For a guy like Robbo who seems pretty switched on and honest, it seems out of character for him to be a part of something like this that raises eyebrows.

That Whitecaps supporter also complained about "boot it out and kick it long" tactics......I'm more concerned about how they play out from the back so I don't know where he/she is coming from !!

30 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

That Whitecaps supporter also complained about "boot it out and kick it long" tactics......I'm more concerned about how they play out from the back so I don't know where he/she is coming from !!

I wish we would boot it every so often, we have a guy the size of Ibini to go up front

Out playing out has got us into trouble a few times, City game being an example, that ball should have gone not been played to the Parklea Messi in first place 

I'm not really up on all the ins and outs of this particular relationship, but I wonder if it isn't simply a scouting/recruiting tool he uses?  Popa was so up and down and the club has not been successful in scouting - don't seem to have networks... If Robbo has contacts, wherever they are and they work, then great.  Doesn't really seem like a big deal to me if it works for us - we will see.

Coaches have connections in the industry is only a good thing imo. Any solid coach would want close contacts in as many agencies as possible, hopefully he looks to build more of them. 

• 3 weeks later...

What's everyone's thoughts on Robinson so far? Do you think we should keep him as manager for next season and beyond?

Personally I'm not convinced. I know the manager merry go round isn't helpful either, but I don't think he's going to win us trophies (it'd be great to be proven wrong).

I'm the first to admit that the problems with the club are bigger than the manager and feel we need a technical director to oversee football matters too.

JP had a better win rate than Robinson does now and the owners had zero patience with JP. Every team in our vicinity on the ladder has two or even 3 games in hand over us, which means we're further off the top 4 than we look, and more likely to collapse down into 7th or 8th once those games played even out.

Whatever happens I can't see the club going for another sacking, but I'm not sure a desire for stability will keep him safe next year if we have another poor start.

agree with the above posts

most likely situation seems to be that he'll stick around

but he'll be sacked half way through next season when we're 7th to 9th

and we'll have another roster of players who'll get stroppy because the manager they signed on for has gone

"fun" :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

agree with the above posts

most likely situation seems to be that he'll stick around

but he'll be sacked half way through next season when we're 7th to 9th

and we'll have another roster of players who'll get stroppy because the manager they signed on for has gone

"fun" :rolleyes:

The club has given him pretty much everything he could ask for, no it’s the previous manager squad exuse here

He’s Brought in a load of players, three of them being foreign players too 

For me (and I put it in the other thread) at the moment the team is less than the sum of its parts. On paper we should be flying but in reality we look really disjointed and it’s over half way through the season. We seem to be no closer to knowing our best XI and we are persistenting with a style that really doesn’t seem to suit the squad he brought in

positives 

- Ziggy 

- margush 

- The Perth game

- bringing back Duke

Negatives

Much (what’s the point in wasting a foriegn spot on a player you aren’t going to play)

Other than Perth, dismal home performances 

Generally in A League (in non Covid times) get your foriegn signings right and you make the 4

we haven’t

2 make the starting line up

2 on the bench and do sod all when they come on 

1 isn’t even in the squad

to be fair CR didn’t sign the 2 bench players

As already mentioned somewhere on this forum, what we need is an absolute beast in the centre half position that heads everything out and takes no prisoners, McGowan is good but not playing to his full potential, at the outset of the season and being made captain, his first couple of performances before getting injured thought he was way improved on last year and was going to have champion season, but on his return has not carried on that earlier promise, he has the armband at the moment needs to lead by example and pull the team out of this torpor.

Sorry if I'm harping on a point, but Tuesday I don't want to see a tepid defence succumbing to a Matt Simon flukey goal, I want to see a floating hopeful cross repelled by a thumping header with spray on it and if a yellow shirt slid to to the ground in the wake then I'll raise my glass, in short I want some bloody defiance. I want some WSW bloody grit on show, enough pussyfooting, want some grunt shown please, just have a look over the shoulder what Ziggy is doing and copy it, then it will come together naturally, I am a long standing WSW supporter and just want effort for my attendance please, I don't care if the odd yellow is shown, just give me and everybody around me a shown commitment and I'll give you a sore throat and red hands in return, c'mon Wanderers let's show some f****** effort together!

Ya know if we had a rock solid tall tough centre back (said this in another thread) this team would change overnight when you get confidence in your defence it changes the team dynamics going forward hugely.

I am still believing in Robbo when he dumps the baggage at end of season we will see a big strong tough English centre back along with a decent attacking and defending midfielder we will see the team performances we want.

PS: and a goalkeeper who commands his box

I'm still believing in Robbo. I think we are in a better position than where we were in the past 4 years. If Robbo can have the squad into the final this season. Especially, the fact that he has managed the team since November last year. So, he had only a few weeks to arrange, sign players and develop the team to his liking.

However, I feel next season is crunch time for him. The club should allow him to sign whoever can sign (which he basically done with the likes of Ugarkovic joining the Wanderers next season). If Robinson can't produce a top 3 next season, then he should be shown the door. No Excuses.

If the club are going to stick by CR then they should’ve stuck by Babel. What’s the difference? This is what annoys me about our current situation.

CR is full of cliches and philosophical BS. Give me Babel’s brutal honesty and hard truths any day, at least it was realistic and raw.  

8 minutes ago, hughsey said:

If the club are going to stick by CR then they should’ve stuck by Babel. What’s the difference? This is what annoys me about our current situation.

CR is full of cliches and philosophical BS. Give me Babel’s brutal honesty and hard truths any day, at least it was realistic and raw.  

They gave babbel nearly 2 seasons

But yes I prefer Babbel being honest, then CRs cliches. I’m hoping he’s adopting the not criticising players in public tactic, as if he really thinks that we were only a couple of mistakes off in that roar game then we are screwed 

we just got torn a new one by Joey champness 

Thats way grim 

BABBEL are you blokes kidding he was a puppet John Paul and between the 2 of them they could not coach a dog out of its kennel with a plate full of food.

I am staying with him until he fails with his own team and no baggage. 

I would rather Robbo supporting his players than BABBEL or Gombau publicly slotting them. 

We have to give him next season and he did say he was building for next season when he was employed this club cannot afford more blood letting and tell me who would we get to replace Robbo ,?

• mack changed the title to Carl Robinson Discussion & Sackwatch