Carl Robinson Discussion

• mack pinned this topic

As much as I'd like to get on board the Carlist movement ... 

320px-Flag_of_Cross_of_Burgundy.svg.png

... I think he'll end up getting sacked by Lederer and co. as we drop out of contention for finals

We're not going to bring in foreign players or pay for good Aussie ones and yet still put expectations to get into the top 4

I liked Gombau and Babbel so I think I'll get burned on this appointment

1 hour ago, pseudonym said:

As much as I'd like to get on board the Carlist movement ... 

320px-Flag_of_Cross_of_Burgundy.svg.png

... I think he'll end up getting sacked by Lederer and co. as we drop out of contention for finals

We're not going to bring in foreign players or pay for good Aussie ones and yet still put expectations to get into the top 4

I liked Gombau and Babbel so I think I'll get burned on this appointment

Sadly, conversations about which players to sign etc are detached from the reality of a world shaped by COVID-19. The HAL is in survival mode, depending on how things how are going, up to four clubs could go over the cliff this season.

We can consider ourselves lucky if a professional league can be maintained that deserves that description. Taking advantage of the youth factory is key for survival, WSW is well placed.

24 minutes ago, FCB said:

Sadly, conversations about which players to sign etc are detached from the reality of a world shaped by COVID-19. The HAL is in survival mode, depending on how things how are going, up to four clubs could go over the cliff this season.

We can consider ourselves lucky if a professional league can be maintained that deserves that description. Taking advantage of the youth factory is key for survival, WSW is well placed.

If only we had a billionaire and several multi-millionaires owning the club. Then we could sign players as normal and challenge for the title.

26 minutes ago, mack said:

If only we had a billionaire and several multi-millionaires owning the club. Then we could sign players as normal and challenge for the title.

Season doesn’t kick off for 2 months and manager hasn’t even had a training session yet, let’s wait a bit and see what happens.

Club have done the right thing here, once they got some certainty on start date of the league they put in place a new manager. If we had of signed a whole bunch of players then we’d be back like Babbels first season, where he had no room to change the squad as we had rushed out and signed Kamau, Fitzgerald and co

Carlo has 2 months to get in what he needs 

Edited by StringerBellend
4 hours ago, FCB said:

The membership team mentioned to a friend the club has lost 70% of their rev. I think you might be right...

Glad to see you back here though mate. Don’t leave us next time!!

70% is a huge figure, I wonder what time period they are comparing that with (YTD, FY or season)? 

I’m struggling to believe it would be that much particularly considering well over three quarters of last season was run as normal and the final Fox instalment ended up being paid anyway. They’ve also been running holiday clinics as usual bar the April school holidays. 

I’m usually a pretty staunch defender of the club when it comes to money but that sounds like a bit of an exaggerated figure to me.

6 minutes ago, hughsey said:

70% is a huge figure, I wonder what time period they are comparing that with (YTD, FY or season)? 

I’m struggling to believe it would be that much particularly considering well over three quarters of last season was run as normal and the final Fox instalment ended up being paid anyway. They’ve also been running holiday clinics as usual bar the April school holidays. 

I’m usually a pretty staunch defender of the club when it comes to money but that sounds like a bit of an exaggerated figure to me.

I think so too, I have to say that Membership numbers this year will be interesting.

On 16/10/2020 at 10:20 PM, wendybr said:

Carl Robinson... "Sackwatch Thread"????????

Nooooooooooo!

Please... no!!

Can we have a manager and a team for the next 2-3 years!

The same manager and the same team!

Just for a change.

Pleeease!

We have had the same results for 2-3 years, so we are on the right track

4 hours ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

We have had the same results for 2-3 years, so we are on the right track

LOL!

Being serious....and just in general...

I think we need to try to put out of our minds our early, absurd successes, and just be happy with a team that puts up a good, competitive fight every game (Popa's initial aim when he built his team), and be happy with a team that is consistently improving and playing attractive football. Some wins, draws and close losses is fine.

And, at the end of the season, after developing a competitive team, if the group is actually allowed to stick together for another season....and then another....well....in a few seasons we might have earned the right to challenge for the top of the ladder. I think we need to be patient.

I'm so sick of the revolving door...so sick of not even bothering to learn the names of half the players. I want a reasonable team I can get to know over a few seasons, and I can see being competitive. I don't need to see a team at the top of the ladder. Not yet anyway, being realistic.

16 minutes ago, wendybr said:

LOL!

I think we need to try to put out of our minds our early, absurd successes, and just be happy with a team that puts up a good, competitive fight every game (Popa's initial aim when he built his team), and be happy with a team that is consistently improving and playing attractive football. Some wins, draws and close losses is fine.

And, at the end of the season, and after developing a competitive team, if the group is actually allowed to stick together for another season....and then another....well....in a few seasons we might have earned the right to challenge for the top of the ladder. I think we need to be patient.

I'm so sick of the revolving door...so sick of not even bothering to learn the names of half the players. I want a reasonable team I can get to know over a few seasons, and I can see being competitive. I don't need to see a team at the top of the ladder. Not yet anyway, being realistic.

Not remembering half the players? Might be time to start doing a daily sudoku and crossword

8 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Not remembering half the players? Might be time to start doing a daily sudoku and crossword

Hahaha...nah.

Never knew most of them from the start, over the last few years.

Pretty sure, though, I could name most of the team, and their positions, from the first few seasons. :pardon:

16 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hahaha...nah.

Never knew most of them from the start, over the last few years.

Pretty sure, though, I could name most of the team, and their positions, from the first few seasons. :pardon:

lol...Popa was the master of the squad cull....lol

.:P

:D

9 minutes ago, sonar said:

lol...Popa was the master of the squad cull....lol

.:P

:D

Sure!

He wasn't perfect as a manager imho...and the revolving door mentality was in play even then.

I still remember the first team better than ANY since, tho. I'm sure most of us do.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

LOL!

And, at the end of the season, after developing a competitive team, if the group is actually allowed to stick together for another season....and then another....well....in a few seasons we might have earned the right to challenge for the top of the ladder. I think we need to be patient.

Total rubbish we should be winning stuff, we are Western Sydney not the central coast 

• mack changed the title to Carl Robinson Discussion
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic