Carl Robinson Discussion

Just now, Sithslayer1991 said:

Easts issue was they couldn't buy a goal until Le Fondre came back. But the cracks are starting to show with the age of Ninkovic and Wilkinson.

All of this but there really is little competition 

Look at how poor the rest of the 6 is and we couldn’t even make that 

If CR hasn't got the arse yet can we assume the club are sticking by him? Unless they do like they did with JP and wait till they have the next one lined up before punting him. My feeling is they're keeping him around to "save face".

In slightly related news Kevin Muscat is rumoured to be going to Celtic with Ange as his assistant (an ex-Rangers player no less), if true, can rule him out as a suitable replacement.

Robbo was never gunna get the sack and Muscat was never going to come back to Australia at this time his plan is to assist Ange as a stepping stone to outright coaching. He has not been able to convince any body in Great Britain to give him a coaching role.

Wanderers are keeping Robbo and believe he will be very successful next season. 

16 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Well that was my tinfoil hat theory. CR will stay on if can't get any better. Muscat is the first name that pops up and if CR is staying it means Muscat isn't comming back.

we haven’t had the end of season preso yet? Maybe CR will be sitting by himself pushing half eaten spring rolls round his plate Gumby styleee

11 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

they'll probably win the comp

It's looking likely really. They started the season poorly due being limp up front. Arrival of Bobo midseason saw a boost. Le Fondre has joined for the last 5 games for 5 wins. They are far and away the form team now. Melbourne City are toothless up front without McClaren. Central Coast is probably their biggest hurdle.

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

Robbo was never gunna get the sack and Muscat was never going to come back to Australia at this time his plan is to assist Ange as a stepping stone to outright coaching. He has not been able to convince any body in Great Britain to give him a coaching role.

Wanderers are keeping Robbo and believe he will be very successful next season. 

I like the attacking intent that Robbo brings. Fight hard, backs to the wall,  etc. may be Westie traits, but gets dull to watch after a while. We have always been a dull team to watch for the neutral, up until this season (2014/2015 season aside). Robbos ambition for us to always be on the front foot is a refreshing change for me, apart from the fact that we sucked at it a lot of the time. I think that was a personell issue primarily, and am quietly optimistic that we will have a roster better equipped to employ Robbos tactics next season.

I now he as bought in x number of players throughout the season, but all the decent talent were already locked into contracts extremely limiting his options. In contrast, there are plenty of free agents to choose from now.

17 minutes ago, JustWandering said:

It's looking likely really. They started the season poorly due being limp up front. Arrival of Bobo midseason saw a boost. Le Fondre has joined for the last 5 games for 5 wins. They are far and away the form team now. Melbourne City are toothless up front without McClaren. Central Coast is probably their biggest hurdle.

Everything fell into place for them. WCQ screwing City and now possibly hosting the final in Sydney due to Melbourne outbreak (pending City actually make it).

I wander though if the A-league players with teams in the final could get early leave from Socceroos after the Nepal game. With the finals delayed they can still make the final in time as they wouldn't really be needed for the Jordan game and we have enough cover as is. Unlikely but a thought

Just now, Sithslayer1991 said:

I wander though if the A-league players with teams in the final could get early leave from Socceroos after the Nepal game. With the finals delayed they can still make the final in time as they wouldn't really be needed for the Jordan game and we have enough cover as is. Unlikely but a thought

I was just thinking that. But would they be able to complete quarantine in time?

20 minutes ago, JustWandering said:

I like the attacking intent that Robbo brings. Fight hard, backs to the wall,  etc. may be Westie traits, but gets dull to watch after a while. We have always been a dull team to watch for the neutral, up until this season (2014/2015 season aside). Robbos ambition for us to always be on the front foot is a refreshing change for me, apart from the fact that we sucked at it a lot of the time. I think that was a personell issue primarily, and am quietly optimistic that we will have a roster better equipped to employ Robbos tactics next season.

I now he as bought in x number of players throughout the season, but all the decent talent were already locked into contracts extremely limiting his options. In contrast, there are plenty of free agents to choose from now.

The 14/15 team was sexual

52 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

In goal Ryan, Vukovic and Thomas is plenty of cover so Redmayne could come back.

Midfield has Irvine, Dougall, Hrustic, Holland and McGree so they could send back Genreau and Metcalfe.

Up front Taggart, Boyle, Mabil, Leckie, Borello, Ruka and Giannou are all playing outside the A-League, while Duke and Ikonomidis are out of the finals. They could let Maclaren come back.

The only issue I can see it potentially the back line.

Souttar, Sainsbury, Degenek, Behich, Smith and Karacic all play overseas but they could lose Grant, Good, Tongyik and McGowan. Should be enough to get the job done but would hit the depth if there are any injuries.

I guess the players could leave immediately. We only need a win against Nepal and are guaranteed top of the group before the Jordan game. Given the goal difference a draw would probably do it.

It's a big call though as players would be leaving camp early and potentially getting back to a team that's already been eliminated. Plus they'd have two weeks without playing or proper training.

• mack changed the title to Carl Robinson Discussion
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic