Carl Robinson Discussion

40 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Yea the big thing I have noticed on Carl is the whole player recruitment through his agency, certainly may be an issue later

The agency issue is the same as it for Wolverhampton wanderers.

The issue on attack is important but he has Kenny Miller and Labinot Haliti as assistant coaches, attacking players. We need a defensive coach for set pieces.

2 hours ago, Johnny199r said:

Vancouver Whitecaps/MLS fan here.

I went to an A-League game in Sydney in 2009. I enjoyed it. I like the A league. Australian soccer is a good example for Canada (my country)

Carl Robinson is an idiot. There are too many problems to list. He has no idea to coach offensive, creative soccer. He will drill his team to sit back, boot it long and play kick and run. When his team loses 4-0 after getting outshot 20-3 for the 3rd straight game he will talk about how soccer is a game of "fine lines" and other ridiculous clichés that will make you want to throw up in your mouth.

He has a relationship with one player agency, and gets all of his players from them. It's baffling.  There's no reason for it. He brings in some really recycled crap players - I see he's already doing that with Jordan Mutch and Bernie Ibini for your team.

https://www.eightysixforever.com/2018/8/29/17779710/interview-with-lenarduzzi-raises-questions-about-connection-between-vancouver-whitecaps-and-agent

Whitecaps supporters generally hate him. It's like he was living in an alternate reality with the same old nonsense he would spout after every post game loss.

He tries to bring up Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich) name every chance he gets. Like he was solely responsible for developing him and he's a mastermind. It's infuriating. 

I hope he works out better for you guys. I can't think of anyone in Vancouver that would ever take him back.

Good luck this season!

For me, Post COVID jets were the best team in the comp and entertaining, definitely not a kick and chase game. 

Agree with the agency thing though. We’ll see how his signings pan out

5 minutes ago, Johnny199r said:

Mutch and Ibini were both below average crap in MLS

To expand on this, Ibini had one goal in 25 appearances. Mutch bounced around the championship/League one level before joining the Whitecaps. Robinson loves to talk about Mutch's "experience" and what that brings. Not sure what's that worth when he doesnt bring anything to his current team, buy hey, at least he had more goals than Bernie Ibini - 2! in only 18 games.

19 minutes ago, Johnny199r said:

To expand on this, Ibini had one goal in 25 appearances. Mutch bounced around the championship/League one level before joining the Whitecaps. Robinson loves to talk about Mutch's "experience" and what that brings. Not sure what's that worth when he doesnt bring anything to his current team, buy hey, at least he had more goals than Bernie Ibini - 2! in only 18 games.

Ibini can join a long line of non-scoring Wanderers wingers 

5 hours ago, Johnny199r said:

Vancouver Whitecaps/MLS fan here.

I went to an A-League game in Sydney in 2009. I enjoyed it. I like the A league. Australian soccer is a good example for Canada (my country)

Carl Robinson is an idiot. There are too many problems to list. He has no idea to coach offensive, creative soccer. He will drill his team to sit back, boot it long and play kick and run. When his team loses 4-0 after getting outshot 20-3 for the 3rd straight game he will talk about how soccer is a game of "fine lines" and other ridiculous clichés that will make you want to throw up in your mouth.

He has a relationship with one player agency, and gets all of his players from them. It's baffling.  There's no reason for it. He brings in some really recycled crap players - I see he's already doing that with Jordan Mutch and Bernie Ibini for your team.

https://www.eightysixforever.com/2018/8/29/17779710/interview-with-lenarduzzi-raises-questions-about-connection-between-vancouver-whitecaps-and-agent

Whitecaps supporters generally hate him. It's like he was living in an alternate reality with the same old nonsense he would spout after every post game loss.

He tries to bring up Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich) name every chance he gets. Like he was solely responsible for developing him and he's a mastermind. It's infuriating. 

I hope he works out better for you guys. I can't think of anyone in Vancouver that would ever take him back.

Good luck this season!

What sort of response did you get from Jets fans as I assume you posted something similar on their forum last year?

3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

The agency issue is the same as it for Wolverhampton wanderers.

The issue on attack is important but he has Kenny Miller and Labinot Haliti as assistant coaches, attacking players. We need a defensive coach for set pieces.

Zwaanswijk?

An interesting thing about the Avid Sports and Entertainment Group is that more than half the players on their books are Aussies. Some pretty highly sought after Aussie players too, at least from the A league point of view. I can imagine that player list being not so useful for the MLS though. It is a relatively new agency, I expect they will target signing many more young Aussies this year through their connection with Carl. I also note that Sydney FCs new wonderkid Nieuwnhof is represented by this agent. It would be hilarious if Carl enticed him to us.

All I know is in Handful of games with jets he turned them around really quick 

just because a coach doesn’t work out in one league or club doesn’t make him useless 

look At popa and Arnie in A-League 

Then look how they went overseas 

ange early in 2000’s after his time at olyroos and since is completely different 

CR should be giving as much time as Gumby, JP and Babbel to show he’s useless As them 😜

36 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

All I know is in Handful of games with jets he turned them around really quick 

just because a coach doesn’t work out in one league or club doesn’t make him useless 

look At popa and Arnie in A-League 

Then look how they went overseas 

ange early in 2000’s after his time at olyroos and since is completely different 

CR should be giving as much time as Gumby, JP and Babbel to show he’s useless As them 😜

Hope he gets longer than JP at least. Hope he gets longer than all of them combined. 

Edited by WHACKO

Over the last, what?, six years WSW recruitment has been unfortunate at best, and abysmal at worst.

So far CR signed Troisi (who rejected WSW advances three times), Ibini (who also said "no" to us in the past), two imports with EPL history, and the Mariners' best player. And we are not done yet for this season. Love the agency he is working with.

CR had a few interesting things to say about the reality of signing EPL grade import players in a salary capped league (5:15 to 10:15).

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/video/press-conference-6-january-2021-carl-robinson

He got the subs wrong last night, once Mueller went off we couldn’t keep the ball 

But other than that we look so much better. We played some good football last night and then and dominated it. Post subs we struggled but we fought hard and got the points 

Long live  the welsh Carlo Magnifico  

26 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

He got the subs wrong last night, once Mueller went off we couldn’t keep the ball 

But other than that we look so much better. We played some good football last night and then and dominated it. Post subs we struggled but we fought hard and got the points 

Carlo should have brought Cox off only with Ibini on, change Muller 10 minutes later.

O'Doherty was a good sub imo.

55 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Cox and Muller was a lot of graft and experience to take off at once.

Fitness is an issue and hopefully a double sub of this kind won't have so much impact going forward.

So I just read, for the first time, that Carlo and Steve Corica were team mates at Wolverhampton Wanderers. 

The record so far is 

Carlo has 1 away win (2-1) over the Weasel so far. Formation was 3-2-1-2-2.

On 16/01/2021 at 7:29 AM, Paul01 said:

So I just read, for the first time, that Carlo and Steve Corica were team mates at Wolverhampton Wanderers. 

The record so far is 

Carlo has 1 away win (2-1) over the Weasel so far. Formation was 3-2-1-2-2.

Awww...The Weasel?

Seriously...who can't like Steve Corica?

PS I'm sure you'll give me some good reasons...as (I think it was) you did for for Rudan. :lol:

PPS Same for Clint Bolton...who had some negative comments....somewhere recently?

PPPS Because they played for / manage/are associated with SFC doesn't count as a good reason (to me).

:D:D

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Awww...The Weasel?

Seriously...who can't like Steve Corica?

PS I'm sure you'll give me some good reasons...as (I think it was) you did for for Rudan. :lol:

PPS Same for Clint Bolton...who had some negative comments....somewhere recently?

PPPS Because they played for / manage/are associated with SFC doesn't count as a good reason (to me).

:D:D

He tries to fight opponent players (see Schwegler and Georgievski). Still can't believe he didn't get a touchline ban for what he did to Georgievski post game at Kogarah.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
Just now, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

He tries to fight opponent players (see Schwegler and Georgievski). Still can't believe he didn't get a touchline ban for what he did to Georgievski post game at Kogarah.

I don't think I remember that...was that when one of them knocked him over during the game?

6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I don't think I remember that...was that when one of them knocked him over during the game?

Yeah the first derby at Bankwest was when Schwegler tackled someone and fell into Corica. 

Corica had a dummy spit, got in Schwegler's face and tried to arc up to him.

Then Schwegler produced one of my favourite moments in derby history:

Duke Wins Derby - First Team Match Reports - West Sydney FootballA League news: Western Sydney Wanderers defeat Sydney FC in controversial  Sydney derby

Then there was this after Georgievski got sent off for his kick out at Tilio:

Sydney FC coach Steve Corica lashes out at Western Sydney Wanderers star  after derby loss, A-League news

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
  • mack changed the title to Carl Robinson Discussion
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic