WSW 2021 Club Thread

25 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Wanted another Kogarah derby, last one was pretty good.

It it prob because of what happened at the 'battle of Kogarah' that they have made it SCG lol

At least I can say I was there for what will likely be the only derby at that ground.

Edited by Smoggy
2 hours ago, jockman said:

After the last Derby at the SCG I vowed  never again >>>>Terrible stadium for football

I didn’t think where they put us active was too bad no worse view that Olympic park 

but yes it’s a **** spot for football 

if we lose tonight then they might as well put the f***ing game on Mars for all I care 

Edited by StringerBellend

Finals Appearances from 05/06 season to 19/20 season

Adelaide - 10/15

Brisbane - 11/15

Central Coast - 7/15

Melbourne City - 7/10 (one as Heart 11/12 season)

Melbourne Victory - 11/15

Newcastle - 5/15

Perth - 7/15

Sydney - 11/15

Wellington - 6/13 (did not include the two seasons of NZ Knights)

Western Sydney - 4/8

Western United - 1/1

Most consecutive seasons missing out on finals

Newcastle - 7 - (10/11 season to 16/17 season)

Central Coast - 6 - (14/15 season to 19/20 season)

Wellington - 3 - (15/16 season to 17/18 season)

Western Sydney - 3 - 17/18 season to 19/20 season)

Brisbane - 2 - (05/06 season to 06/07 season) 

Melbourne City - 2 - (12/13 season to 13/14 season)

Adelaide - 1 (x 5)

Melbourne Victory - 1 (x 4)

Sydney - 1 (x 4)

1 hour ago, pseudonym said:

Finals Appearances from 05/06 season to 19/20 season

Adelaide - 10/15

Brisbane - 11/15

Central Coast - 7/15

Melbourne City - 7/10 (one as Heart 11/12 season)

Melbourne Victory - 11/15

Newcastle - 5/15

Perth - 7/15

Sydney - 11/15

Wellington - 6/13 (did not include the two seasons of NZ Knights)

Western Sydney - 4/8

Western United - 1/1

Most consecutive seasons missing out on finals

Newcastle - 7 - (10/11 season to 16/17 season)

Central Coast - 6 - (14/15 season to 19/20 season)

Wellington - 3 - (15/16 season to 17/18 season)

Western Sydney - 3 - 17/18 season to 19/20 season)

Brisbane - 2 - (05/06 season to 06/07 season) 

Melbourne City - 2 - (12/13 season to 13/14 season)

Adelaide - 1 (x 5)

Melbourne Victory - 1 (x 4)

Sydney - 1 (x 4)

Thanks for that.

On 23/04/2021 at 3:14 PM, Wanderboy said:

The SCG. ffs!

I think they have turned the pitch around from what it usually is for the Woosters v St George. They are kicking with the sticks down the old Allianz stadium end. Dunno id that helps, prob not.

24 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I think they have turned the pitch around from what it usually is for the Woosters v St George. They are kicking with the sticks down the old Allianz stadium end. Dunno id that helps, prob not.

It does. It's a natural north-south orientation, and the way rugby league was played there for 100 years. It's not ideal, but is better than the east - west orientation at our first derby there. I saw all of the Eels Grand Final wins there played along this alignment sitting or standing on the old SCG Hill. It's slightly better.

The decision to play at the SCG is 100% a decision with influence from the SCG Trust and corporates, as unfortunate as it was. 

Our derby at Kogarah last year was an absolute **** show - we should never have to play another derby there again. It would be the same at Leichhardt too. 

As bad as the venue is, Stadium Australia would have been the most appropriate.

3 hours ago, DCWSW said:

The decision to play at the SCG is 100% a decision with influence from the SCG Trust and corporates, as unfortunate as it was. 

Our derby at Kogarah last year was an absolute **** show - we should never have to play another derby there again. It would be the same at Leichhardt too. 

Doesn’t matter this year, our fans can just easily not turn up to any of those places 

By the time that games come round our away support will fit in a taxi 

7 hours ago, DCWSW said:

Kogarah last year was a great laugh, my son still talks about it :D

It is one of the very few times over the last few years I have had that first 3 seasons vibe. 

Is it a great venue for a derby..NO. but circumstance made it a ******* awesome night :D Feels for those who missed it.

Edited by Smoggy
28 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Kogarah last year was a great laugh, my son still talks about it :D

It is one of the very few times over the last few years I have had that first 3 seasons vibe. 

Is it a great venue for a derby..NO. but circumstance made it a ******* awesome night :D Feels for those who missed it.

.....and the pic you did was amazing.....lol

Not sure if this is the right thread for it but...the club is auctioning merch from the Sydney Derby: https://auctions.wswanderersfc.com.au/?fbclid=IwAR0F61i9PQt7tRjf2jn9EU7tCgZ-9_N-vp66l00zEMRnUM4IgoSAw5EAddU

- Dorrans' match worn shirt
- Duke's match worn shirt
- Gordon's match worn shirt
- Muller's match worn shirt
- Margush's match worn shirt
- A signed Sydney derby match ball (not sure who's signed it though)

11 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for it but...the club is auctioning merch from the Sydney Derby: https://auctions.wswanderersfc.com.au/?fbclid=IwAR0F61i9PQt7tRjf2jn9EU7tCgZ-9_N-vp66l00zEMRnUM4IgoSAw5EAddU

I’d bid for the match ball if it was the one Bobo blasted over the bar and was signed by him.

13 minutes ago, mack said:

Mullers shirt is cheaper than buying a replica at the moment :cheeky:

I suspect people don't realise there's more shirts than the 3 & the ball that are on the first page.

It’s tempting I got a match worn #nogrozosnoparty one last year the players shirts are way better quality than the replicas 

again I think I paid about the same as a replica

I’m also pretty proud that at my age I fit into it, they are slimmer cut than the replica too

16 minutes ago, mack said:

Mullers shirt is cheaper than buying a replica at the moment :cheeky:

I suspect people don't realise there's more shirts than the 3 & the ball that are on the first page.

Probably more the fact he didn't play or even make the bench, therefore its not even match worn and is more a player issue kit.

Reserve price is a lot higher than they used to be by the looks of things, Duke jersey up to $275 and the reserve still hasn't been hit. 

I bought a 2016/17 ACL Away jersey full signed for really cheap, $150 was the reserve from memory which was cheap as chips.

On 27/04/2021 at 10:23 AM, DCWSW said:

I know where they wanted to play it.

They were told to f__k off.

1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

A cup full of ABJ tears...priceless..