WSW Club Thread 2021

mack

On a different note, the team has scored the second most goals after Heartle$$. Here is a table based on goals scored. We are too leaky

Team...............GF...GA....GD
Heartle$$........42...20.....|+22
Wanderers.......34...33.....|+01
Adelaide..........32....29....|+03
Phoenix...........32....29....|+03
Sea-Poachers..30...27....|+03
Smurfs.............28...21.....|+07
Fraudsters.......27...23....|+04
Perth................26...32....|-06
Brisbane..........25...17......|+08
Bullsh1tters.....24...27.....|-03
Melb Victory....21...48....|-27
Newcastle........17...32....|-15

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

On a different note, the team has scored the second most goals after Heartle$$. Here is a table based on goals scored. We are too leaky

But the second worst defence behind a terrible victory 

the 20,000 attendance at the derby on Saturday really pushed up our average crowd:

WSW - 8,566

Adelaide - 7,531

Sydney - 7,293

Brisbane - 7,287

Melb. City - 6,156

Melb. Victory - 6,064

Perth - 5,450

Central Coast - 5,160

Newcastle - 4,060

Western United - 3,417

Macarthur - 3,267

Wellington - 2,086

11 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Geez there is an eye opener. This whole time saying the attack isn't gelling but we have scored 2nd most goals in the league. But defence  is 2nd worst, that about sums up the season doesn't it.

That stat re goals scored against goals against is all about why I have beating the drum about a good solid leader in the centre back position , fix that issue and we are a good solid team. 

Has the transfer window closed.

I gotta ask why we have had such a big push against our attacking players if you compare us with Melbourne City 20 of the 42 goals have come from McLaren  with a total of 10 different players who have scored goals for them this season.

Wanderers have 13 players who have scored goals for us this season with Bruce Kamau and Mitch Duke top with 6 each.

Seems we are harder to shutdown on goal than City , Stop McLaren and you stop City with Noone as their only other threat , no boots Nabbout has cored only 2.

I think the biggest issue I have seen and major criticism of strikers has come when we are chasing the game and we are seeing Goalkeepers like Jamie Young winning player of the match 

As I have said we have scored in nearly every game and conceded more in a lot of others.

Get rid of McGowan and replace him with a decent centre back and for goodness sake Robbo leave the defence alone this week and see how we go.

We are playing the old men (Western United) of the league on Saturday after they have played mid week game and I think they have to play the smurfs mid next week we will never get a better chance. 

6 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Geez there is an eye opener. This whole time saying the attack isn't gelling but we have scored 2nd most goals in the league. But defence  is 2nd worst, that about sums up the season doesn't it.

We have become the Boro team that Brian Clough played striker for. As quick as he would score them we let them in at the other end. He would score hat tricks and still end up on the losing side. Culminated with a 6 - 6 draw away at Charlton when he lost it with the defenders, accused them of throwing games deliberately for the bookies.

Edited by Smoggy

Arnold mentioned on The Global Game that Natta may be in the frame for Olyroos selection for Japan. I also heard him mention Margush elsewhere.

Of note, Arnold also said that there will be A-League players going to the hub for the WC Qualifiers from the 24th May (FIFA window opens). Games affected for us are the Nix, Brisbane and Adelaide games.

Remaining A-League games 

16/05 v Perth (away)
23/05 v Smurfs (away)
26/05 v Phoenix (home) 
30/05 v Brisbane (home)
05/06? v Adelaide (Away)

Will Duke  or any other senior team player go to the WC Qualifiers?

22 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Remaining A-League games 

16/05 v Perth (away)
23/05 v Smurfs (away)
26/05 v Phoenix (home) 
30/05 v Brisbane (home)
05/06? v Adelaide (Away)

Will Duke  or any other senior team player go to the WC Qualifiers?

Duke is the most likely for the senior squad. However considering the national team is still low in the RB department Tate Russel and Thomas Aquilina could be outsiders to make senior squad.

The Olyroos is the one that will utterly butcher us

7 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Duke is the most likely for the senior squad. However considering the national team is still low in the RB department Tate Russel and Thomas Aquilina could be outsiders to make senior squad.

I thought Olyroos weren't taking A-League players though right?

Duke will likely be the only loss for Socceroos, although I don't know how many attackers they are taking, they could take Nikita, Maclaren, Taggart and some other European based Aussie players. Maybe he won't get the call up?

1 minute ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I thought Olyroos weren't taking A-League players though right?

Duke will likely be the only loss for Socceroos, although I don't know how many attackers they are taking, they could take Nikita, Maclaren, Taggart and some other European based Aussie players. Maybe he won't get the call up?

I thought Finals would still affect olyroos. Or did Arnold say he would allow players to play in finals and then come up once the clubs are finished?

On 05/05/2021 at 9:01 AM, pseudonym said:

the 20,000 attendance at the derby on Saturday really pushed up our average crowd:

WSW - 8,566

Adelaide - 7,531

Sydney - 7,293

Brisbane - 7,287

Melb. City - 6,156

Melb. Victory - 6,064

Perth - 5,450

Central Coast - 5,160

Newcastle - 4,060

Western United - 3,417

Macarthur - 3,267

Wellington - 2,086

Such a sad set of figures - even allowing for Covid etc. My son sent me a youtube clip of "fights and brawls in the A-League" (yes I know....but gee it was funny at times). What struck me most though was the fantastic crowds at Sydney and Melbourne derbies and even a Perth game. Funnily enough (are you listening Owners/APL???) this was when active support was still at its strongest......:pardon:

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Arnold has said Olyroos in the A-League will play until their team has finished in the finals (if they get that far)

4 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Australia is in a whole heap of trouble if Tate/Aquilina are potentials for the socceroo squad.

• mack changed the title to WSW Club Thread 2021
  • mack locked this topic