WSW 2021 Club Thread

1 hour ago, Davo said:

The Ghanaian player who scored the screamer and took his shirt off is an absolute unit.

Also I liked the club official trying to keep the fans off the field after South Sudan equalise and quickly realising they were wasting their time.

yeah fat hope of controlling the social distancing there!

Hi All,

Bets are on and back for a new season with a renewed sense of optimism. :clapping:Took me a few goes to remember my log on details though.

Gotta say I love the new Kappa kit.  My high school football team in Japan in the late 80's used the AC Milan Kappa strip, so feels very nostalgic.

Hope you will forgive me for not hanging around to enjoy all the left leaning political commentary on the forum while football has been off! :lazy:

4 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Hi All,

Bets are on and back for a new season with a renewed sense of optimism. :clapping:Took me a few goes to remember my log on details though.

Gotta say I love the new Kappa kit.  My high school football team in Japan in the late 80's used the AC Milan Kappa strip, so feels very nostalgic.

Hope you will forgive me for not hanging around to enjoy all the left leaning political commentary on the forum while football has been off! :lazy:

Welcome back!  :P

How's life in Darwin?

:):)

5 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Thanks Wendy.  Life in Darwin is great.  Wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world right now.

I don't blame you! :D

Our new schedule is:

• WSW vs Macarthur - Sunday 27th Dec - 6:40pm (Parramatta)
  • Newcastle vs WSW - Friday 8th Jan - 7:05pm (Newcastle)
  • Smurfs vs WSW - Saturday 16th Jan - 5:05pm (Homebush)
  • Mariners vs WSW - Tuesday 19th Jan - 7:05pm (Gosford)

And we seem to have a bye for the weekend starting January 22nd. Our schedule games past that weekend of the 22nd were going to be Perth 24th, Victory 30th then City Feb 8th.

3 hours ago, mack said:

Our new schedule is:

• WSW vs Macarthur - Sunday 27th Dec - 6:40pm (Parramatta)
  • Newcastle vs WSW - Friday 8th Jan - 7:05pm (Newcastle)
  • Smurfs vs WSW - Saturday 16th Jan - 5:05pm (Homebush)
  • Mariners vs WSW - Tuesday 19th Jan - 7:05pm (Gosford)

And we seem to have a bye for the weekend starting January 22nd. Our schedule games past that weekend of the 22nd were going to be Perth 24th, Victory 30th then City Feb 8th.

This is better for us I think. More time for the new players to settle in. I don't understand why the original schedule was so dense with matches in the hottest part of the season anyway. Aiming for higher attendance during the school holidays perhaps? I'd rather they condense the back end of the season. Cooler weather, less fatigue.

Robbie Cornthwaite is predicting the squad to finish 6th this season: 

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/aleague-season-202021-preview-every-teams-ins-and-outs-best-xi-and-predicted-finish/news-story/de2d2ad2d7b4f50a7e2a6602913eda9c

Cornthwaite’s Call: "Biggest signing of the off-season was Carl Robinson. They have a coach players want to come and play for for the first time since Tony Popovic. Ruthless in pursuit of the players they wanted but the loss of Duke is the biggest problem. Questions over the defence but if Carl can get them playing the way he wants then they must be in the six - SIXTH"

Here's his predictions for all the teams: 

1st - Sydney FC
2nd - Melbourne City
3rd - Macarthur FC
4th - Melbourne Victory
5th - Western United
6th - Western Sydney Wanderers
7th - Wellington Phoenix
8th - Adelaide United
9th - Perth Glory
10th - Brisbane Roar
11th - Newcastle Jets
12th - Central Coast Mariners

1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/aleague-season-202021-preview-every-teams-ins-and-outs-best-xi-and-predicted-finish/news-story/de2d2ad2d7b4f50a7e2a6602913eda9c

Cornthwaite’s Call: "Biggest signing of the off-season was Carl Robinson. They have a coach players want to come and play for for the first time since Tony Popovic. Ruthless in pursuit of the players they wanted but the loss of Duke is the biggest problem. Questions over the defence but if Carl can get them playing the way he wants then they must be in the six - SIXTH"

1st - Sydney FC
2nd - Melbourne City
3rd - Macarthur FC
4th - Melbourne Victory
5th - Western United
7th - Wellington Phoenix
8th - Adelaide United
9th - Perth Glory
10th - Brisbane Roar
11th - Newcastle Jets

Tbh 6th is what I'm hoping for. Anything better a plus.

3 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

1st - Sydney FC
2nd - Melbourne City
3rd - Macarthur FC
4th - Melbourne Victory
5th - Western United
7th - Wellington Phoenix
8th - Adelaide United
9th - Perth Glory
10th - Brisbane Roar
11th - Newcastle Jets

Macarthur 3rd in their first season! That's a big call.

Adam Peacock and James Dodd did a top 6 prediction today on FOXSPORTS, I'm quite amazed at their choices but here it is: 

bQXQ4Tm.png

Dodd said: "Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers was a really tough one for me to pick here cause I do believe Western Sydney will start the season slightly slower than maybe what we expect  We know the job that Carl Robinson has got in his hands and what he's trying to do there. But, once their players get themselves sort into place, that'll start to fly"

I would of loved to see why Peacock predicted 2nd for the Wanderers but he didn't say anything about it and let Dodd do all the talking

Link to the video from today is here if you want to check it out.