WSW 2021 Club Thread

I was about to post about Garb's prediction. Is he a Wanderers fan or something? It would be a massive improvement if Robbo managed the squad to finish 1st in regular season but there's team out there that are looking better than us. However, I personally feel Robbo can make this squad reach the top 6 minimum.

Looks like Fox the only ones backing us not sure how. The other podcasters at FNR and Shim, Spider and so much Moore have us battling for 6th which is where I have us as well. Though FNR did mention we look more threatening if we have Urgakovic in midfield which I tend to agree but we really need another striker along side Simon Cox and at the back end Lopar is a massive loss unless Robinson is a magician and fixes our defence.

Macarthur finishing high comes from two Spanish guys they have in the team that are getting big raps for everyone.

I wish the club would announce the players number. 

I've seen it changed multiple times on Wikipedia.

Ibini was 21 on Wikipedia but the club's instagram page shown him wearing 9 and Lesiotis was 25 on Wikipedia but Cancar was shown wearing on the instagram page.

12 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

I wish the club would announce the players number. 

I've seen it changed multiple times on Wikipedia.

Ibini was 21 on Wikipedia but the club's instagram page shown him wearing 9 and Lesiotis was 25 on Wikipedia but Cancar was shown wearing on the instagram page.

You'll see the numbers when the game details are published with the officials.

I am so hoping Chris Beath is stuck in Queensland.

I had a look on both team’s websites and on Ticketmaster and couldn’t find the option to buy tickets. 
Yet tickets to the Sydney Derby which come afterwards can be purchased. 

2 hours ago, MajorMelons said:

Tickets go on sale midday Wednesday 6th, looks like there is an allocated away section.
Check out the ticketek website. 

Incorrect, tickets are on sale now, I just bought mine then. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/newcastle-jets-v-western-sydney-wanderers-newcastle-08-01-2021/event/13005990D2D9621F

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I knew all those stories about you were lies!

Thanks, 6 tickets purchased.

4 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

What I'm a bit lost?

1 minute ago, marron said:

Think ed's just saying you're a good bloke ;)

Although the way he had you worried there...  :D

Spot on marron. I've ignored the stories about you too!

2 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Happy I could help. Hopefully a decent turn out from us. Any word on active support as its not at Bankwest this time around?

In case you're not aware, on this forum, best to look at Roll Call 2021 thread.

In short, the word at present is "nobody knows yet".

• 3 weeks later...

I just completed the survey which the club put out with the possibility of an upgrade for a home game.

And I am impressed with it, as it is for gambling with some questions on the link between sport and gambling advertising. 

If we want our club to be free of the scourge of gambling sponsorship please complete the survey. I think they are researching in case there are would be gambling sponsors wanting to come in like a few years ago.

I understand the ethical/moral side of it etc but is turning away potential sponsors really a great idea for the club/league? Beggars can’t be choosers 

8 hours ago, MistahCampoy said:

Looks like we made it on Fornite for their new football event with the Smurfs and City.. Muller will be headlining for us,

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/a-league-clubs-partner-epic-games-bring-football-fortnite

My little boy will be so happy (actually I will be more happy but lets pretend its for him)

8 hours ago, MistahCampoy said:

Looks like we made it on Fornite for their new football event with the Smurfs and City.. Muller will be headlining for us,

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/a-league-clubs-partner-epic-games-bring-football-fortnite

A fortnite link explains Matt Simon's play the other night