WSW Club Thread

On 21/06/2021 at 2:31 PM, StringerBellend said:

I agree relatively this isn't a great Sydney side, their key players are a year older (and not better for it).

But they still coasted to 2nd and are a good chance to win the GF. When Fox bang on about this being the highest standard ever, its a load of rubbish. There are 2 good sides this year, plus an ok one in adelaide. The rest are very average. Which is why CR should be out, for finishing behind the likes of Mariners, Roar etc. 

Entertainment wise, the first half of the season was unreal. The consistency across the league though was probably the worst I’ve seen in a long time

I reckon the consistency of teams was all over the place and exacerbated by COVID uncertainty, changes in times, dates, venues and rounds being all over the place.

Teams who had a playing group that had been together and/or gelled quickly had greater consistency across the season. SFC were not as good a team this year but still had more consistency than most teams. They've largely been together longer and scrambled some ugly wins and draws that others lost.

5 hours ago, WHACKO said:

Can we get Lawrie McKinna as CEO.

Can we get him as Coach too

• 2 weeks later...

Well this will be interesting,  friggin focus groups  :) 

Dear Keithie

We thank you for your on-going support as a member of the Western Sydney Wanderers.

We’re listening to your feedback and we’re looking to improve the member experience for the 2021/22 season. Over the next few weeks, we will be sitting down with several focus groups made up of our members and fans to understand what it means to be a member of the club.

If you would like to apply to be a part of these focus groups, CLICK here to fill out our questionnaire.

If you are successful, you will receive a $100 JD Sports Giftcard and a member of our team will be in touch to let you know more details.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Western Sydney Wanderers FC

Posted (edited)

The focus groups will be an effort and an exercise in how they can gather info from members and to maximise the spin from that information to counter negative feedback.

Political parties and corporations do it all the time.

Doesn't mean they will change what they do or how they operate but it's more about how they frame responses to what people say and what people think about them so they cop less flack.

Edited by sonar
1 minute ago, sonar said:

The focus groups will be an effort and an exercise in how they can gather info from members and to maximise the spin from that information to counter negative feedback.

Political parties and corporations do it all the time.

Doesn't mean they will change what they do or how they operate but it's more about how they frame responses to what people say and what people think about them so they cop less flack.

True - they will not solve the team's onfield performance

However, they can help address off field concerns

I registered and if I'm let in, I'll make a suggestion to go to digital memberships and phase out the members' packs

16 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

True - they will not solve the team's onfield performance

However, they can help address off field concerns

I registered and if I'm let in, I'll make a suggestion to go to digital memberships and phase out the members' packs

I'll make a suggestion to go to digital memberships and phase out the members' packs.

Is that all you have to offer F$%# digital memberships and member packs, use the wallet in iphone no need for your card then.

To improve the game day experience is to stop the wandering banshees just after Kickoff and Just after half time coming and looking for better seats they never paid for and they stand friggin stand in line of view while they contemplate is this good enough, 

My game day experience will improve if the quality of the onfield entertainment improves dramatically 

My wanderers experience would improve if they improved their friggin customer service and acted like a business should, I would sack half of these front of office people , you ever walked into the wanderers shop and coped the look as why are you bothering me.       

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Winning games on the pitch fixes a surprising amount of issues off it i find.

Yep I still think a **** as SOP was we wouldn’t have cared so much if we had won

Yep they need something to offer first , I don't think we can put a full team on the park at the moment :)   

5 hours ago, hughsey said:

Any word on membership renewals? 

Could be  delayed, currently working on Membership packages/kits...this year they will include a wsw face mask for each home game, self testing kits, vaccination needles one for each arm, self isolation kits which will be a row of seats for each member, highlights of speech's by Gladys, an A to Z of vaccination centres (pardon the pun), "I'm a Covidiot" caps. And many other goodies to be announced.

6 hours ago, Keithie said:

Yep they need something to offer first , I don't think we can put a full team on the park at the moment :)   

I might get a game at the moment

16 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

But would it be worth the s*it you'd cop on here?

16 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

9 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

But would it be worth the s*it you'd cop on here?

Oh, wait, I can answer my own question - it'll be eetswa.

Auto-renewal of memberships takes place on August 16.

No mention of a deal with Paramount+ for discounted rates for subscription, like other clubs have done.

10 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Auto-renewal of memberships takes place on August 16.

No mention of a deal with Paramount+ for discounted rates for subscription, like other clubs have done.

It's mentioned in the "member benefits" section as being part of the add-on section. That area is empty right now so I imagine it'll be added in later when it actually launches in August.

1 hour ago, pseudonym said:

Looks like the Paramount Plus subscription has been added to the "Member Add On" section of WSW membership

$75

Compare this with $70 for Central Coast Mariners, and $60 for Melbourne Victory... 

1 hour ago, 102megan said:

Compare this with $70 for Central Coast Mariners, and $60 for Melbourne Victory... 

ours will be better

1 hour ago, Carns said:

You can tell that our decision makers (CEO?) are taking us for a ride - again !!! Think like a big club and act like a small one.
Congrats to Victory's directors for acting like the BIG club you are. Congrats CCM for aspiring to be one, even though you say you're not (on ya Shaun).
Our approach/gouging is the same that a really small club like the cows will undoubtedly do...