WSW Club Thread 2021

mack

16 hours ago, 102megan said:

Compare this with $70 for Central Coast Mariners, and $60 for Melbourne Victory... 

Apparently CCM have now advised that their correspondence noting $70 was incorrect, and that it will actually be $75 for them too. 

Victory doing great work!! - with the reduced cost of $60 for early-birds, increasing to $75 after that time. 

As I posted in the Olympics thread, I can't use 7+ because of the age of my smart tv (they don't provide the service to tvs 2013 and older due to technical limitations).

This type of technology and using it is beyond my ken.

Does anybody have any idea whether I'll be able to access Paramount+ on my current tv?

7 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

As I posted in the Olympics thread, I can't use 7+ because of the age of my smart tv (they don't provide the service to tvs 2013 and older due to technical limitations).

Does anybody have any idea whether I'll be able to access Paramount+ on my current tv?

Ed, not sure but  there are plug-in usb/HDMI dongles that run android OS ( What the majority of smart tv's use ) that you can plug into older tv's. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

https://www.the-ambient.com/buyers-guides/best-smart-tv-streaming-sticks-boxes-devices-2621

18 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Can you add a chromecast attachment to your tv? Add the app to your phone then chromecast using the add-on device? They are like $50

3 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Can you add a chromecast attachment to your tv? Add the app to your phone then chromecast using the add-on device? They are like $50

Either this or an Apple TV box. Apple Box is more expensive, but the apps for Apple are usually a bit more advanced/kept up to date than Android ones. It's also better if you can reach the TV area with an ethernet port rather than rely on wifi.

7 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Get one of these 

https://store.google.com/au/product/chromecast_google_tv

or one of these

https://www.apple.com/au/shop/buy-tv/apple-tv-4k/32gb?afid=p238|s-dc_mtid_18707vxu38484_pcrid_222179910164_pgrid_49292097511_&cid=aos-au-kwgo-pla-btb--slid---product-MXGY2-

I've used Chromecast for years. You can then broadcast from your phone or tablet. And it's cheap and pretty reliable. 

Not sure about the facebook thing Marron? I haven't had any issues. But ours is pretty ancient!

13 hours ago, marron said:

Chromecast makes you join facebook or some **** now. I can't remember the details but I had to hard reset mine for some reason and then it wanted me to do whatever it was so I took it out and smashed it with a wood axe.

We just plug devices direct into the telly now.

I know some good anger management courses :)

:P

11 hours ago, Potkorok said:

I've used Chromecast for years. You can then broadcast from your phone or tablet. And it's cheap and pretty reliable. 

Not sure about the facebook thing Marron? I haven't had any issues. But ours is pretty ancient!

I wish I could remember now. MIne was ancient as well, was working fine, then stopped. I looked up the issue, solution seemed to be a hard reset, then next thing it's setting up again and asking me for .... oh, I know, it wanted me to sign up for google home, and there was no way to use it without that.

Thanks for the advice Smoggy, I went to VIking anger management course, so I'm all sorted :lol:

Just now, Edinburgh said:

Would the age of the laptop affect the picture quality?

If the laptop is 3 or 4 years old you should be fine. Was for me when the laptop screen died and I had to use the tv as a monitor via HDMI.

47 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Would the age of the laptop affect the picture quality?

Not really,decent laptops are not that expensive today mind. Not that I suggest you go out and buy a new one, but if you did you don't have to pay top $ for something that is good enough for what the majority need one for.

6 hours ago, sonar said:

If the laptop is 3 or 4 years old you should be fine. Was for me when the laptop screen died and I had to use the tv as a monitor via HDMI.

It's a lot older than that, but I did get an upgrade maybe 5 years ago. 

The graphics on the laptop aren't up to much.  I generally have sfa need for graphics. 

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Not really,decent laptops are not that expensive today mind. Not that I suggest you go out and buy a new one, but if you did you don't have to pay top $ for something that is good enough for what the majority need one for.

Despite retiring almost 3 years ago,  I still do some work from home using the laptop. I considered buying a new one last month because the cd drive isn't working (I can't remember when I last used it but one client had provided info that way instead of on a usb).  I stopped looking at options when the penny dropped that a new laptop won't even have a cd drive!

What’s the deal with the Paramount+ add on?

The club email said to add it onto your membership when you check your details for the direct debit.

It will only let me purchase the Paramount+ separately by adding it to my cart. Is this correct or do I need to do something else?

• mack changed the title to WSW Club Thread 2021
  • mack locked this topic