Trains, Transport & Infrastructure

Decent in something so short, summary of the V-Sets ... made in 2019 it gets it wrong, when the new inner city D sets will start running... as the argument between State Rail & the Union continues over whether the guard or driver should shut the doors just prior to departure.... this following delays on train delivery... 

Edited by Midfielder
3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

OK...It's not about the Sydney train network, but it IS about a train!

The Ghan transcontinental train has deadly makeover to promote the 2021 Parrtjima light festival
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-08/ghan-train-indigenous-artwork-promotes-parrtjima-light-festival/100053896

that's so cool.

On that theme, two of those locomotives were once painted in striking indigenous liveries a few decades ago for hauling The Indian Pacific and The Ghan

NR Class Locomotive

• mack changed the title to Trains

Wen

Twill take a tad longer as gotta go via Strathfield .. but next match you should travel to Gosford by train... sit on the right hand side looking towards Gosford it get a slightly better view...

If time permits get off at Woy Woy and catch the ferry across to Davistown and go for lunch at the RSL .... catch ferry back to Woy Woy an on to Gosford... 

As an aside Davistown has two incredible restaurants in the Ferryman & the Feather & Dart .... 

Car tis a lot quicker  but as a one off ....

59 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Wen

Twill take a tad longer as gotta go via Strathfield .. but next match you should travel to Gosford by train... sit on the right hand side looking towards Gosford it get a slightly better view...

If time permits get off at Woy Woy and catch the ferry across to Davistown and go for lunch at the RSL .... catch ferry back to Woy Woy an on to Gosford... 

As an aside Davistown has two incredible restaurants in the Ferryman & the Feather & Dart .... 

Would love to read Wendy's story / account of her day trip to Woy Woy :D

16 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Would love to read Wendy's story / account of her day trip to Woy Woy :D

First vid short and not the original ... but to you post... the second vid is the original made I think in the 1930's... 

Some shots of the two are run one after the other in bits of the first...

Enjoy

First Vid the new one

The second and original and starts with a train

3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Wen

I've done the trip up to Gosford in recent years...not for the football tho.

And as a kid travelling further North, I've taken that route on the train, and beyond, many times.

It's a very scenic trip!     :good:

9 hours ago, Midfielder said:

First vid short and not the original ... but to you post... the second vid is the original made I think in the 1930's... 

Some shots of the two are run one after the other in bits of the first...

Enjoy

First Vid the new one

The second and original and starts with a train

Now..I'm fortunate enough to have been to Venice. 

I don't recall kicking back for a coffee in St Marks square looking towards the Grand Canal and the Doge's palace and saying to the wife 'you know what love, this is just like sat having chips at Woy Woy, the way the motor oil slick on the water casts the colours of the rainbow'....

Edited by Smoggy
3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I don't recall kicking back for a coffee in St Marks square looking towards the Grand Canal and the Doge's palace and saying to the wife 'you know what love, this is just like sat having chips at Woy Woy, the way the motor oil slick on the water casts the colours of the rainbow'....

There are less loud Americans in Woy Woy though...

7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Woy Woy or Venice ... I reasonably sure one water way is way way way way way less polluted than the other...  

• mack changed the title to Trains, Transport & Infrastructure