Jump to content

Trains


Midfielder

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Decent in something so short, summary of the V-Sets ... made in 2019 it gets it wrong, when the new inner city D sets will start running... as the argument between State Rail & the Union continues over whether the guard or driver should shut the doors just prior to departure.... this following delays on train delivery... 

 

Edited by Midfielder
Link to post
3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

OK...It's not about the Sydney train network, but it IS about a train!

The Ghan transcontinental train has deadly makeover to promote the 2021 Parrtjima light festival
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-08/ghan-train-indigenous-artwork-promotes-parrtjima-light-festival/100053896

that's so cool.

 

On that theme, two of those locomotives were once painted in striking indigenous liveries a few decades ago for hauling The Indian Pacific and The Ghan

NR Class Locomotive

Link to post
  • mack changed the title to Trains
20 minutes ago, marron said:

.... why?

Visiting a friend in the Eastern suburbs.

Easy trip on the Metro and 2 other trains.....and then back.

 

😁😁

Link to post
Just now, wendybr said:

Visiting a friend in the Eastern suburbs.

Easy trip on the Metro and 2 other trains.....and then back.

PS  Wasn't as dramatic as it sounded, was it?

 

:lol: :lol:

 

Link to post

Wen

Twill take a tad longer as gotta go via Strathfield .. but next match you should travel to Gosford by train... sit on the right hand side looking towards Gosford it get a slightly better view...

If time permits get off at Woy Woy and catch the ferry across to Davistown and go for lunch at the RSL .... catch ferry back to Woy Woy an on to Gosford... 

As an aside Davistown has two incredible restaurants in the Ferryman & the Feather & Dart .... 

Car tis a lot quicker  but as a one off ....

 

Link to post
59 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Wen

Twill take a tad longer as gotta go via Strathfield .. but next match you should travel to Gosford by train... sit on the right hand side looking towards Gosford it get a slightly better view...

If time permits get off at Woy Woy and catch the ferry across to Davistown and go for lunch at the RSL .... catch ferry back to Woy Woy an on to Gosford... 

As an aside Davistown has two incredible restaurants in the Ferryman & the Feather & Dart .... 

Car tis a lot quicker  but as a one off ....

 

Would love to read Wendy's story / account of her day trip to Woy Woy :D

Link to post
16 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Would love to read Wendy's story / account of her day trip to Woy Woy :D

First vid short and not the original ... but to you post... the second vid is the original made I think in the 1930's... 

Some shots of the two are run one after the other in bits of the first...

Enjoy

First Vid the new one

 

The second and original and starts with a train

 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

Train?
 


No, not really...

I do like that Train!

Link to post
3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Wen

Twill take a tad longer as gotta go via Strathfield .. but next match you should travel to Gosford by train... sit on the right hand side looking towards Gosford it get a slightly better view...

If time permits get off at Woy Woy and catch the ferry across to Davistown and go for lunch at the RSL .... catch ferry back to Woy Woy an on to Gosford... 

As an aside Davistown has two incredible restaurants in the Ferryman & the Feather & Dart .... 

Car tis a lot quicker  but as a one off ....

 

I've done the trip up to Gosford in recent years...not for the football tho.

And as a kid travelling further North, I've taken that route on the train, and beyond, many times.

It's a very scenic trip!     :good:

Link to post
9 hours ago, Midfielder said:

First vid short and not the original ... but to you post... the second vid is the original made I think in the 1930's... 

Some shots of the two are run one after the other in bits of the first...

Enjoy

First Vid the new one

 

The second and original and starts with a train

 

 

Now..I'm fortunate enough to have been to Venice. 

I don't recall kicking back for a coffee in St Marks square looking towards the Grand Canal and the Doge's palace and saying to the wife 'you know what love, this is just like sat having chips at Woy Woy, the way the motor oil slick on the water casts the colours of the rainbow'....

Edited by Smoggy
Link to post
3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Now..I'm fortunate enough to have been to Venice. 

I don't recall kicking back for a coffee in St Marks square looking towards the Grand Canal and the Doge's palace and saying to the wife 'you know what love, this is just like sat having chips at Woy Woy, the way the motor oil slick on the water casts the colours of the rainbow'....

There are less loud Americans in Woy Woy though...

Link to post
7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Now..I'm fortunate enough to have been to Venice. 

I don't recall kicking back for a coffee in St Marks square looking towards the Grand Canal and the Doge's palace and saying to the wife 'you know what love, this is just like sat having chips at Woy Woy, the way the motor oil slick on the water casts the colours of the rainbow'....

Woy Woy or Venice ... I reasonably sure one water way is way way way way way less polluted than the other...  

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...