Jump to content

A-League 20/21


Paul01

Recommended Posts

Looks like the old festival of football rather than rounds, early on at least.

Opening game is a double header at Bankwest Stadium on the 27th December. And as rumoured, we play Macarthur Bulls******era.

W-league opens the season with a game against Melb Victory Women.

We play 3 teams 3 times including the Smurfs. Smurfs look to have been forced to ANZ for home games

Link to post

Opening games

27/12 Wanderers v Macarthur
28/12 Fraudsters v Adelaide
29/12 Brisbane v Phoenix
30/12 Smurfs v Heartle$$ (ANZ)
31/12 Sea-bogans v Jets
01/01 Wanderers v Fraudsters
02/01 Phoenix v Smurfs (Gong)
02/01 Melb Vic v Brisbane
03/01 Macarthur v Sea-bogans
03/01 Adelaide v Heartle$$
05/01 Jets v Wanderers
06/01 Fraudsters v Macarthur
08/01 Heartle$$ v Jets
09/01 Macarthur v Phoenix
09/01 Wanderers v Adelaide
10/01 Brisbane v Smurfs
10/01 Sea-bogans v Melb Vic
12/01 Fraudsters v Phoenix
13/01 Macarthur v Heartle$$
15/01 Brisbane v Sea-bogans
16/01 Melb Vic v Phoenix
16/01 Smurfs v Wanderers (ANZ)
16/01 Perth v Adelaide
17/01 Jets v Macarthur
17/01 Heartle$$ v Fraudsters

Link to post
2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Looks like the old festival of football rather than rounds, early on at least.

Opening game is a double header at Bankwest Stadium on the 27th December. And as rumoured, we play Macarthur Bulls******era.

W-league opens the season with a game against Melb Victory Women.

We play 3 teams 3 times including the Smurfs. Smurfs look to have been forced to ANZ for home games

4 teams 3 times, Adelaide, Brisbane, Smurfs and Phoenix

Link to post

Interesting extract from the SBS  season draw article

"The World Game understands the official unbundling of the A-League is set to occur on December 1, at which point a pre-planned marketing campaign will be given a green light. 

Players will be able to live life as normal during the season, although venues they attend must comply with COVID-19 protocols. 

The venues for eight Western United home matches are yet to be confirmed, as they continue to have stadium availability issues. 

The W-League draw will be released inside this week."

Link to post
9 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Opening games

27/12 Wanderers v Macarthur
28/12 Fraudsters v Adelaide
29/12 Brisbane v Phoenix
30/12 Smurfs v Heartle$$ (ANZ)
31/12 Sea-bogans v Jets
01/01 Wanderers v Fraudsters
02/01 Phoenix v Smurfs (Gong)
02/01 Melb Vic v Brisbane
03/01 Macarthur v Sea-bogans
03/01 Adelaide v Heartle$$
05/01 Jets v Wanderers
06/01 Fraudsters v Macarthur
08/01 Heartle$$ v Jets
09/01 Macarthur v Phoenix
09/01 Wanderers v Adelaide
10/01 Brisbane v Smurfs
10/01 Sea-bogans v Melb Vic
12/01 Fraudsters v Phoenix
13/01 Macarthur v Heartle$$
15/01 Brisbane v Sea-bogans
16/01 Melb Vic v Phoenix
16/01 Smurfs v Wanderers (ANZ)
16/01 Perth v Adelaide
17/01 Jets v Macarthur
17/01 Heartle$$ v Fraudsters

Have to admit....I'm starting to get excited.

:xbop::xbop:

Link to post

Here is our full fixture list in chronological order. All night games are scheduled to start at 7.00pm. Our first 8 games are all in NSW. However the Jets and CCM are on week nights. 

Wanderers season 20/21 matches
27/12 v Macarthur (home) 6:30pm
01/01 v Fraudsters (home) 7.00pm
05/01 v Newcastle (away) 7.00pm
09/01 v Adelaide (home) 7.00pm
16/01 v Smurfs (away ANZ) 7.00pm
19/01 v Sea-bogans (away) 7.00pm
24/01 v Perth (home) 7.00pm
30/01 v Melb Vic (home) 7.00pm
08/02 v Heartle$$ (away) 7.00pm
13/02 v Smurfs (home) 7.00pm
19/02 v Phoenix (away) 7.00pm
24/02 v Brisbane (home) 7.00pm
27/02 v Sea-bogans (home) 5.00pm
07/03 v Fraudsters (away) 6.00pm
15/03 v Phoenix (home) 7.00pm
20/03 v Macarthur (away) 5.00pm
26/03 v Heartle$$ (home) 7.00pm
02/04 v Adelaide (away) 7.00pm
10/04 v Smurfs (away) 7.00pm
16/04 v Brisbane (home) 7.00pm
24/04 v Melb Vic (away) 5.00pm
30/04 v Adelaide (away) 7.00pm
08/05 v Newcastle (home) 7.00pm
16/05 v Brisbane (away) 4.00pm
23/05 v Perth (away) 6.00pm
31/05 v Phoenix (home) 7.00pm

 

 

Link to post
56 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Here is our full fixture list in chronological order. All night games are scheduled to start at 7.00pm. Our first 8 games are all in NSW. However the Jets and CCM are on week nights. 

Wanderers season 20/21 matches
27/12 v Macarthur (home) 6:30pm
01/01 v Fraudsters (home) 7.00pm
05/01 v Newcastle (away) 7.00pm
09/01 v Adelaide (home) 7.00pm
16/01 v Smurfs (away ANZ) 7.00pm
19/01 v Sea-bogans (away) 7.00pm
24/01 v Perth (home) 7.00pm
30/01 v Melb Vic (home) 7.00pm
08/02 v Heartle$$ (away) 7.00pm
13/02 v Smurfs (home) 7.00pm
19/02 v Phoenix (away) 7.00pm
24/02 v Brisbane (home) 7.00pm
27/02 v Sea-bogans (home) 5.00pm
07/03 v Fraudsters (away) 6.00pm
15/03 v Phoenix (home) 7.00pm
20/03 v Macarthur (away) 5.00pm
26/03 v Heartle$$ (home) 7.00pm
02/04 v Adelaide (away) 7.00pm
10/04 v Smurfs (away) 7.00pm
16/04 v Brisbane (home) 7.00pm
24/04 v Melb Vic (away) 5.00pm
30/04 v Adelaide (away) 7.00pm
08/05 v Newcastle (home) 7.00pm
16/05 v Brisbane (away) 4.00pm
23/05 v Perth (away) 6.00pm
31/05 v Phoenix (home) 7.00pm

 

 

Thanks Paul!

Weeknights in early Jan might be fine for a lot of people on hols.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Season start just over a week away stadium open first game at home ..Derby against the bulls all excited about going to the game.....but wait fresh covid  outbreak..what's the chances of new lockdown . Reduced or no crowds at stadium or game cancelled altogether ??

Link to post
9 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

So anyone seen any adverstising at all for the A League? It's like they are trying to keep it a secret

Apparently it's (at least partially) due to the unbundling of the A-league and the clubs still not taking ownership of the league. FFA isn't going to pay for marketing for something it doesn't own moving forward, and the clubs don't technically own it outright and haven't spent the cash.

Link to post
13 hours ago, jockman said:

Season start just over a week away stadium open first game at home ..Derby against the bulls all excited about going to the game.....but wait fresh covid  outbreak..what's the chances of new lockdown . Reduced or no crowds at stadium or game cancelled altogether ??

After Christmas and NYE when the other states have reaped the sweet domestic tourism dollars, I reckon the next outbreak after that will result in lockdown

Link to post
On 19/12/2020 at 10:15 AM, Unlimited said:

After Christmas and NYE when the other states have reaped the sweet domestic tourism dollars, I reckon the next outbreak after that will result in lockdown

Guess I was wrong

Who knows what's gonna happen this season since every state it seems is closing borders. A-League Hub in one city, perhaps?

Link to post
57 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Guess I was wrong

Who knows what's gonna happen this season since every state it seems is closing borders. A-League Hub in one city, perhaps?

I’m sure the league has a back up plan all sorted out 

cue pictures of players getting bussed around at 2 am 

Link to post
On 25/11/2020 at 12:00 AM, wendybr said:

27/12 Wanderers v Macarthur
28/12 Fraudsters v Adelaide
29/12 Brisbane v Phoenix
30/12 Smurfs v Heartle$$ (ANZ)
31/12 Sea-bogans v Jets
01/01 Wanderers v Fraudsters
02/01 Phoenix v Smurfs (Gong)
02/01 Melb Vic v Brisbane
03/01 Macarthur v Sea-bogans
03/01 Adelaide v Heartle$$
05/01 Jets v Wanderers
06/01 Fraudsters v Macarthur
08/01 Heartle$$ v Jets
09/01 Macarthur v Phoenix
09/01 Wanderers v Adelaide
10/01 Brisbane v Smurfs
10/01 Sea-bogans v Melb Vic
12/01 Fraudsters v Phoenix
13/01 Macarthur v Heartle$$
15/01 Brisbane v Sea-bogans
16/01 Melb Vic v Phoenix
16/01 Smurfs v Wanderers (ANZ)
16/01 Perth v Adelaide
17/01 Jets v Macarthur
17/01 Heartle$$ v Fraudsters

Games affected by NSW Border underlined

Link to post

O'Rourke has said this

A statement from Greg O’Rourke, Head of Leagues:

“The learnings and the collaborative dynamics created from the delivery the 2019-20 season are invaluable to us and on behalf of the thousands of people involved in delivering the last season, I can tell you that we are determined to deliver a great showcase of Australian football once again, both on and off the field. 

“We have 218 games to play in the next 6-months and our plan is to deliver all of those games. 

“Where games are impacted by border closures, we will postpone those matches to be played at the earliest opportunity. 

“We are closely tracking and reviewing Government guidance, and building our plans to ensure that we have the flexibility to respond dynamically to any guidance changes. The safety, health and wellbeing of our players, fans and staff is our ultimate priority.”

Link to post
1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

O'Rourke has said this

A statement from Greg O’Rourke, Head of Leagues:

“The learnings and the collaborative dynamics created from the delivery the 2019-20 season are invaluable to us and on behalf of the thousands of people involved in delivering the last season, I can tell you that we are determined to deliver a great showcase of Australian football once again, both on and off the field. 

“We have 218 games to play in the next 6-months and our plan is to deliver all of those games. 

“Where games are impacted by border closures, we will postpone those matches to be played at the earliest opportunity. 

“We are closely tracking and reviewing Government guidance, and building our plans to ensure that we have the flexibility to respond dynamically to any guidance changes. The safety, health and wellbeing of our players, fans and staff is our ultimate priority.”

So they will probably postpone the games that require crossing nsw border, I’m guessing there will be restricted numbers at our game 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...