A-League 20/21

Paul01

The A-League should scrap the draw and let the 5 NSW teams plus Wellington (based in Wollongong) play round robin amongst themselves 

The other 6 teams can fly around to play each other. That way interstate members can attend some matches

If Foxtel weren't holding the league to ransom (play must start in Dec), the start should be postponed until mid Jan

40 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Matt Shrivington just said on sunrise they cancelled the launch for tonight and I’m like what launch didn’t they launch last week under limited coverage.

That was the Foxtel launch. The clubs were supposedly doing their own launch (not that there has been any advertising about it).

Just now, Keithie said:

did you watch the Sydney Olympics ?

Yes..and many prior to that. Not a great fan of 100 metres too many chemical runners.

I much prefer 1500 and 5000 races for instance watch the great/legend Hicham El Gerrouj run. great stuff. What a great/talented runner.

2 minutes ago, mack said:

That will depend on how many cases show up in the next week. I wouldn't be surprised if at the very minimum it goes back down to a 50% capacity.

Yeh, that's what I was thinking. I can't see the safe standing area being re-installed either, and I'm not sure what the RBB will do with the current ban on singing and chanting. Maybe just stick to ripping a few flares. :)

Revised schedule

27/12 Wanderers v Macarthur
28/12 Fraudsters v Adelaide
29/12 Brisbane v Phoenix
31/12 Sea-bogans v Jets
02/01 Phoenix v Smurfs (Gong)
02/01 Melb Vic v Brisbane
03/01 Macarthur v Sea-bogans
03/01 Adelaide v Heartle$$
08/01 Jets v Wanderers (Friday)
09/01 Macarthur v Phoenix
16/01 Melb Vic v Phoenix
16/01 Smurfs v Wanderers (ANZ)
16/01 Perth v Adelaide
17/01 Jets v Macarthur
17/01 Heartle$$ v Fraudsters

we have 2 games before the real Sydney derby, Smurfs have one game

the jets game has moved from Tuesday to Friday

Was having a look at the schedule (I know most likely it will change ) but why do we play Syd and Wel 3 times and CC once?  I would have thought that with 12 teams we would be playing each team twice.

1 minute ago, tardotz said:

Was having a look at the schedule (I know most likely it will change ) but why do we play Syd and Wel 3 times and CC once?  I would have thought that with 12 teams we would be playing each team twice.

It's a 26 game season so you have to play some teams more than once. Extra games vs Sydney is obvious as it is more derbys. Nux might've been because they're Gong based this season and they may've thought WSW fans would travel?

5 minutes ago, tardotz said:

We play Mariners twice, Round 7 & Round 12. Still lopsided though. Reason is that adding Macarthur means losing the bye we had with 11 teams, but a basic 12 team home/away schedule isn't enough matches for the AFC regulations or Fox Sports.

Going to a 14 team league should be enough to go to a normal H/A schedule, assuming the people in charge don't keep it lopsided to have more derby games.

19 minutes ago, mack said:

We play Mariners twice, Round 7 & Round 12. Still lopsided though. Reason is that adding Macarthur means losing the bye we had with 11 teams, but a basic 12 team home/away schedule isn't enough matches for the AFC regulations or Fox Sports.

Going to a 14 team league should be enough to go to a normal H/A schedule, assuming the people in charge don't keep it lopsided to have more derby games.

In the last schedule update, this is what I have

Wanderers season 20/21 matches
30/12 v Macarthur (home) 6.30pm
08/01 v Newcastle (away) 7.00pm
16/01 v Smurfs (away ANZ) 7.00pm
19/01 v Sea-bogans (away) 7.00pm
24/01 v Perth (home) 7.00pm
30/01 v Melb Vic (home) 7.00pm
08/02 v Heartle$$ (away) 7.00pm
13/02 v Smurfs (home) 7.00pm
19/02 v Phoenix (away) 7.00pm
24/02 v Brisbane (home) 7.00pm