Same Old Wanderers Fall To Macarthur Debut Defeat

Just now, sonar said:

I've no doubt that Robinson had words/fatherly chat we the youth he let go but tbh I would of rated Mo Adam a better player than Yeboah.

You would think so. But.....

I'm guessing it has come down to what they are putting in at training. To be fair, they both have two left feet when it comes to skills, so maybe it comes back to attitude and commitment at training. And, CR possibly freeing up spaces for an improved roster. 

I like what I am seeing so far.

14 minutes ago, FCB said:

Disclaimer: I had a couple of NYD scotches, with one or two in between....

I'm trying to add up how many that would be? NYD scotches with a few in between? That could be dozens!! :)

1 minute ago, Wanderboy said:

I'm trying to add up how many that would be? NYD scotches with a few in between? That could be dozens!! :)

Potentially, but at the same time potentially lethal. Single digit figures - still!

8 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

You would think so. But.....

I'm guessing it has come down to what they are putting in at training. To be fair, they both have two left feet when it comes to skills, so maybe it comes back to attitude and commitment at training. And, CR possibly freeing up spaces for an improved roster. 

I like what I am seeing so far.

Yeboah does my head in tbh. 

I've no doubt we will get a lot better. I just hate the fact we may give teams a leg up ( 3 points ) because we are waiting for the squad to be settled. 

I said at the start we will most probably have 3 stages to the season.....slow start.....mid season revival......end of season final contention.

Edited by sonar
17 minutes ago, FCB said:

WSW supporters have been burned. In S6 they had to decipher what Gombau what thinking, in S7 and S8 what Babbel was saying. In S9 it is a very different story, but very simple. All they need to do is an listen to what CR actually says - in plain English. He talks about immediate goals, a three year plan, a five year plan. Hold on to that, fellas.

To be fair, previous gaffas have said the same old shite. 

There's just something about CR that I believe in, and the fact he has achieved quite a bit (with the support and finance from the club) within such a short time, and has been able to at least get us looking like a football team on the field for the first time in 4 seasons, has me feeling rather more positive about this club than I have for a long time. 

It's my glass half full attitude for the 4th season in a row. :)

3 minutes ago, sonar said:

Yeboah does my head in tbh. 

I've no doubt we will get a lot better. I just hate the fact we may give teams a leg up ( 3 points ) because we are waiting for the squad to be settled. 

He does my head in too. But so did Mo. The gaffa has made a call. 

Did you see the table that was posted earlier re Adelaide in 14-15? Did you see where they were in Rnd 10?

We've played 1 game mate. (Try) and have some faith.

19 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

He does my head in too. But so did Mo. The gaffa has made a call. 

Did you see the table that was posted earlier re Adelaide in 14-15? Did you see where they were in Rnd 10?

We've played 1 game mate. (Try) and have some faith.

Unlike what quite a few others have done since we left Pirtek for the wilderness of Homebush and the Gombau & Babbel experiments I am actually proud to say I've have never said or suggested I wouldn't follow WSW because of the shyte served up on the field. They've certainly made it hard though at times. :D

I think criticism(s) of the clubs on field performances,managers or playing roster gets mixed up with suggestions of being a pessimist/defeatist .There is a distinction. 

I've always had faith mate....:D......I think most forumites do also.....:D

Re Adelaide and the table......I was the one that posted it.......:D

Edited by sonar

A healthy degree of scepticism is wholly warranted considering the absolute dross that has been served up for years.

Year on year we've been promised the same old tripe from the club and they've failed to deliver, repeatedly, whilst churning through players and managers.

I like Robinson. He says the right things and is refreshingly honest and upfront (whilst maintaining a positive outlook). But Rome wasn't built in a day and we have a long way to go to become competitive again, let alone be genuine title contenders.

20 minutes ago, Carns said:

A healthy degree of scepticism is wholly warranted considering the absolute dross that has been served up for years.

Year on year we've been promised the same old tripe from the club and they've failed to deliver, repeatedly, whilst churning though players and managers, year on year.

I like Robinson. He says the right things and is refreshingly honest and upfront (whilst maintaining a positive outlook). But Rome wasn't built in a day and we have a long way to go to become competitive again, let alone be genuine title contenders.

I can't disagree with your initial feelings in this post. I also, have felt this way. I think we all have over time.

I like your last sentence however. Indeed, Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm a builder and I would like to paraphrase and say that I feel that CR is laying the solid foundations for future success.

I'm actually quietly excited that we have the potential to add to this squad, with some possible quality players and maybe another marquee, although I won't be holding my breath on the latter.

Edited by Wanderboy
On 30/12/2020 at 10:24 PM, StringerBellend said:

Why are people saying Federici was so good we gave next to nothing to do, or shot straight at him 

Ziggy Gordan was ace and far and away our best player, which as well has he played says a lot about our performance 

At least Baccus try’s to turn and go forward, the constant pissing about at the back and playing ourselves into trouble drives me nuts

Dorrans was dreadful

lets not whine about Var and referees we got what we deserved we were second to every ball, and largely clueless 

Can anybody tell me what Yeboah was trying to do with that chance toward the end? He seemed like he had forgotten what he was supposed to be doing 

5 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

So after watching the sea bogans v jets game, if we can’t beat those two then I might join team doom and gloom, they are both proper crap 

Hehehe....so....you weren't somewhat part of the Doom and Gloom Brigade initially? :cheeky:

:D:D

18 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hehehe....so....you weren't somewhat part of the Doom and Gloom Brigade initially? :cheeky:

:D:D

Admittedly I’ve cheered up, but I still don’t think we played all that well, in the first game, and the Cows deserved the win

however it’s not all doom and gloom, we will improve, and I still think we will do ok for the season 

Watching the replay the save off the Parklea Messi was a good one, the one off Cox was decent, but Cox shouldn’t have given him a chance 

19 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Admittedly I’ve cheered up, but I still don’t think we played all that well, in the first game, and the Cows deserved the win

however it’s not all doom and gloom, we will improve, and I still think we will do ok for the season

I've heard through the grapevine that the inner west might be sent into lock down, with internet connectivity being cut. This is to prevent the spread of NEGATIVITY-21.

To prevent the spread of this highly contagious strain of BABBEL-19 and GOMBAU-17, vaccination with POSITIVITY-21 is currently considered as the most appropriate antipodean. Also, it is currently unknown if a rumored mutation and consequent spread of ROBINSON-21 is an actual threat, or just a conspiracy theory.

4 hours ago, VedranRozic said:

Lol... Rams beaten by the Mariners. (Nothing to see hear, move along...)

I'd expect the Mariners to comfortably beat the Rams :P

It doesn’t make any difference now, but I’m sure the goal we conceded was a James Troisi own goal. I’m just surprised nobody picked it up. I think it’s been credited to mark Milligan who never touched the ball