Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Wanderers 8/1/2021 7:05PM

Muller showing his quality as is Margush

Lucky to be ahead at the break, Yuel is causing lots of problems

I think Dorrans and/or Baccus needs to be deeper to get those cut backs which end up going to forwards which peel off the line

That said, fantastic and very entertaining first half for anyone watching. Great ad for the league.

1 minute ago, sonar said:

Shame about Mullers goal being called offside.  Our final third play is still a worry....not clinical enough.  Need to score another I think. Newcastle won't be going away.

At least another,  if not 2.

2 minutes ago, sonar said:

Shame about Mullers goal being called offside.  Our final third play is still a worry....not clinical enough.  Need to score another I think. Newcastle won't be going away.

Cox off at 67 min, ibini on. He should be ok for 36 minutes.

4 minutes ago, tardotz said:

Better than last week, and pity it's not 0-2 but way too open. We need to tighten up the defense.  Will be an interesting 2nd half. 

Yep.....Dorrans defence worries me in the middle.

Still think we'd be better with a basic 4-1-4-1 instead of letting the fullback & wide central defender getting confused by the opposition winger.

we will be running with the wind.

Jets running into the wind. 

We need to shut down former Wanderers Academy player Najjarine. 

Yuel should be on a yellow

11 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Harper calls it a pen.

There was no trip.  Yield fell over. No pen

I can't believe they even talked about it as if it was a potential penalty. Yuel never had control of the ball at any time. He was behind Gordon and the ball when contact was made. 🙄

Feels weird seeing Muller being used as a striker.

But hey, if he can bang goals in the back of the net like he did (before it was called offside), I'd be happy to put him and Ibini at the front and then have Yeboah or Cox on the bench.

Last 15 minutes I saw glimpses of a team that can’t put it together. Liking what I saw. Troisi is a worry for me. His passing game is below par for a player of his quality. Bring in the second half. Exciting. 

1 minute ago, ZachMercer said:

You know the commentry know nothing when they say Dorrans has been impressive.

Agree. I didn’t think he was impressive at all. If anything he needs to do a lot more. Maybe just maybe we are watching a different game? 🤪

2 minutes ago, Macak said:

Agree. I didn’t think he was impressive at all. If anything he needs to do a lot more. Maybe just maybe we are watching a different game? 🤪

Man. We're gonna miss Schweg's.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic