A-league 2020/21 Match Week 4

Substitutions this season

Maximum 5 at any 3 time points in a game.

Last game Carlo should have substituted Dorrans and Cox (Muller and Cox instead). He could have substituted Muller 10 minutes later with less impact. Plus Ibini needs the Popa weight loss treatment program!

We have the Sydney Derby on Saturday (Free-to-air TV) followed by the game against the Sea-bogans on Tuesday. This is only 4 days later. There will have to some squad rotation with all 5 subs used.

The next game as the schedule currently is on the 30th January against Melb Victory at home. This is 11 days after the CCM game.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/fans-make-football-why-dorrans-isn-t-taking-a-league-derbies-for-granted-20210111-p56t9m.html

Little bit of build up to the derby. Interestingly Vince Rugari thinks we were outplayed in both our wins last year. For our win at Bankwest we were outplayed massively, however the game at Kogarah which we won was nothing like that, it was a lot more even and if anything we looked like the better team.

Hopefully Dorrans steps up big time for the derby.

As we don't have a match day thread yet.

Looks like Bobo is out of Quarantine. Likely to play off the bench.

Will Baumjohann start? If he does, when does he get subbed?

Will we see Aquilina v Mullet? Who would win that battle? Will the Mullet do his usual foul throws and not get called? 

On the other side, Russell v King or Zullo.

Georgievski, Ziegler, O'Doherty and Ibini will probably start against the Sea-Poachers.

10 hours ago, Paul01 said:

As we don't have a match day thread yet.

Looks like Bobo is out of Quarantine. Likely to play off the bench.

Will Baumjohann start? If he does, when does he get subbed?

Will we see Aquilina v Mullet? Who would win that battle? Will the Mullet do his usual foul throws and not get called? 

On the other side, Russell v King or Zullo.

Georgievski, Ziegler, O'Doherty and Ibini will probably start against the Sea-Poachers.

I don't really want to pre-buy tickets just in case we get restrictions put up

Are tickets at the gate still a thing?

14 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

I don't know. But given only 25% of capacity allowed, I'd have serious doubts. But then again it looked like tickets were being sold at the gate at Newcastle. 

45 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Pretty sure I read that due to Covid restrictions you could only pre purchase tickets. That doesn't mean you couldn't still buy them an hour or two before the game.

14402 at the s*** hole of a stadium located in Homebush with about 20000.

7068 at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium.

On a performance note, we need Newy to beat the Bullsh1tters. 

I wonder how much squad rotation Carlo will employ for our game against the Sea-bogans (Sea-Poachers)?

22 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Holy crap its a Derbyshire and Puyo w*nkfest from Harper and Speed. 

That Puyo bloke is pretty good but Derbyshire is average I reckon.

Newcastle look like they're in a lot of trouble.

He was the difference in AM from one week (against us) to the Sea-Poachers FC (when he didn't play)

4 minutes ago, alexd said:

I don't care what the new rule says (**** rule btw). Thatwas 100% pen for NWC.

Unfortunately, the ruling was correct under today's IFAB laws.

The most undeserving team goes top. We need to win on Tuesday night against Sea-Poachers FC and we go top till Friday night.

We will stay top only if Adelaide draw or lose. 

And in the set of fixtures, the Smurfs will return to kill-botting as they play Sea-Poachers FC on Friday. These Sea-Poachers Bogans will be gassed.

41 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Who'd have thought 

Wanderers top of the league 

Smurfs out of the the top six.

Of course we've played 2 more games than them.

We need Adelaide to get a draw with a Juric goal preferably otherwise the Smurfs get back into the top 6

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

Just watched the match highlights - laughably bad defending from Adelaide for Perth’s first four goals and also for Adelaide’s first goal

Fifth from Perth was good, second and third from Adelaide were intelligent ones 

By the way, at the Melbournites reckon Delianov is best young goalkeeper around. Not for effort for the penalty which is the only one that Fakeroli has actually deserved.