Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers 16/01/2021 5:05PM

A 1 or 2 goal loss......hope I'm wrong........:D

@ ANZ Stadium.....played 22.........won 5.........drawn 4..........lost 13

Edited by sonar
2 hours ago, sonar said:

Thanks for depressing me. Must admit the thought of a trip back to ANZ doesn't fill me with joy.

Might flip a finger to Spotless on the way past as well..farking shyte hole.

Don't think ESFC look as sharp as previous seasons. Thinking that with an additional match under our belt we may be in a little better shape, although our front third isn't really firing and I'm unsure of when the Brazilian arrives.
What I do know is now is this is the time not to be dropping or drawing games, and I'd like us to brush off the rivalry/emotional BS and be clinical and press. Most of the leading teams at the end of the season set themselves up early as a
cushion rather than chase points.

I'm thinking 2-1 our way.

5 hours ago, sonar said:

Well this time around it's at "Stadium Australia"  So different name, better results maybe...? :woah:

19 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Don't think ESFC look as sharp as previous seasons. Thinking that with an additional match under our belt we may be in a little better shape, although our front third isn't really firing and I'm unsure of when the Brazilian arrives.
What I do know is now is this is the time not to be dropping or drawing games, and I'd like us to brush off the rivalry/emotional BS and be clinical and press. Most of the leading teams at the end of the season set themselves up early as a
cushion rather than chase points.

I'm thinking 2-1 our way.

I don't think we've seen enough of them yet to know.

ESFC should be the toughest opponent we've faced yet. They lost Le Fondre but have blooded a few more of the kids during ACL and have kept the majority of their squad. Ninko and Wilkinson are aging but are still quality. Will be far from an easy game and we'll need to be at our best to beat them. Hopefully Bobo off the bench is a shadow of his former self.

37 minutes ago, Carns said:

ESFC should be the toughest opponent we've faced yet. They lost Le Fondre but have blooded a few more of the kids during ACL and have kept the majority of their squad. Ninko and Wilkinson are aging but are still quality. Will be far from an easy game and we'll need to be at our best to beat them. Hopefully Bobo off the bench is a shadow of his former self.

Surely with a returned Bobo the best they can do, and the vets wearing down, they are going to regress.

Surely!

6 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Surely with a returned Bobo the best they can do, and the vets wearing down, they are going to regress.

Surely!

We've also lost some too. Duke, Lopar and Schwegler were all vital to our showings last season.

Admittedly the kids are doing well and some of the recruits are showing good signs, but the team is far from the finished product and ESFC have a way of turning it on against us.

I'm just keeping expectations low and hoping for a pleasant surprise. But ESFC are a more coherent team (admittedly with less match fitness).

Well I know they are still burning about not getting one over us last season, hopefully that plays on their minds a bit for us to get on the front foot.. It will still be tight game though so I think it will be a draw but praying for the W over them

With more coaching from CR and match time our front third will come into their own as you can see with Muller and Cox (working much better together this season) I am seeing a lot from confidence from our defense with Ziggy included, i'm guessing his experience is helping a lot with the team in training especially for the younger fellas

10 hours ago, MistahCampoy said:

Well I know they are still burning about not getting one over us last season, hopefully that plays on their minds a bit for us to get on the front foot.. It will still be tight game though so I think it will be a draw but praying for the W over them

With more coaching from CR and match time our front third will come into their own as you can see with Muller and Cox (working much better together this season) I am seeing a lot from confidence from our defense with Ziggy included, i'm guessing his experience is helping a lot with the team in training especially for the younger fellas

As stated elsewhere, we dug deep for the 1st and 2nd games against the Smurfs. Lopar kept us in it for the first game.

I checked Carlo's record at Newcastle Jets. Among the 7 wins was a win against the Easterners.

The boys have to negate Buhagiar's speed. He is better than Yuel. They also have to stop Ninkovic, Treejack and Caceres. the midfield pair  Baccus and Dorrans need to improve on the last game.

8 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

My reading of the tea leafs and tarot cards is Poachers FC to win by 2 to 1 over the Flying Circus..

Like the score line but its its bit rich from the original poachers club. Sea-Poachers FC = Sea-bogans = Marvins Mariners

13 hours ago, Unlimited said:

PAX for the game?

Tickets are a bit exxy... $30-54.95, although it is cheaper than Allianz iirc

Got family tickets (4) plus one extra kid $100.. not bad. Pax 8300

Edited by Xfactor
3 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Got family tickets (4) plus one extra kid $100.. not bad. Pax 8300

Oh that’s not bad actually

I might just get a bronze ticket and sneak into the better areas like a true Westie :ninja:

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic