A-league 2020/21 Match Week 5

30 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Now I have dilemma 

Planet America or the game!:unknw:

Maybe not as good as Planet America but still entertainment watching the smurfs lose

Just now, Paul01 said:

Get ready for the Weasel excuses with backup from Slater 

Yeah ....they need to play more frequently, the Mariners had an advantage because they just finished the previous game.

They were very unlucky because the goals had deviations...etc etc

Just now, tardotz said:

Yeah ....they need to play more frequently, the Mariners had an advantage because they just finished the previous game.

They were very unlucky because the goals had deviations...etc etc

And the VAR failed us tonight 

1 minute ago, Paul01 said:

And now the Smurfs are out of the top 6, despite the Adelaide result on Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

Well there's a turn around. Top of the table - wooden spooners then 9th then newbie pretenders and SFC stranded down below!

Hehehehehehe

Hehehehehehrhehe..

😁😁

13 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Get ready for the Weasel excuses with backup from Slater 

Reckon Corica looks like a cane toad more than a weasel.

Sydney really don't look amazing or flash at all.

They don't know how to put the onion in the onion bag.

Mariners look really good at containing and restricting chances, Sydney didn't have a shot for 30-40 mins in the 2nd half.

They aren't bad at taking half chances either Mariners.

Doesn't bother me at all seeing Mariners at the top, thinks its good for the game in our country.

2 minutes ago, Cynth said:

One thing I like  almost as much as the Wanderers winning is the Smurf’s losing. ;)

Especially satisfying when it's to the Mariners!

So good to see them playing with confidence and with skill after the frustrations of recent seasons.

Games that affect the positions in the top 6

23/01 Fraudsters v Perth
23/01 Adelaide v Melb Victory
26/01 Melb Victory v Perth

Perth could be on 9 pts by the end of this match week with 2 wins

Adelaide could be on 7 points with a win or if they lose and Nix win by 2 goals then Adelaide and the Smurfs will both be out of the 6.

1 minute ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Mariners absolutely bullied Easts off the park. I have never seen anything like it. It was beautiful.

Yep.

Says a lot about our win against the Mariners after a three day turnaround. Smurfs got bullied.....we didn't.

Like I said in the other thread... Mariners look more organised in defence. They deserved that win.

Smurfs on the other hand, they seem toothless without Le Fondre playing up front, I'm not sure if Bobo can play to the levels he once had a few seasons ago.

1 hour ago, SBW said:

Like I said in the other thread... Mariners look more organised in defence. They deserved that win.

Smurfs on the other hand, they seem toothless without Le Fondre playing up front, I'm not sure if Bobo can play to the levels he once had a few seasons ago.

They clearly expected no-one to adjust to them putting Buhagiar up front by dropping deeper. As if everyone was going to have their central defenders stand on halfway so SFC could just pump long balls over the top.