Jump to content

A-league 2020/21 Match Week 6


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, sonar said:

So Sotirio has a handfull of shirt, pulls back the defender and scores, no VAR...?

Nah no foul.....but he did his best on 2 occasions to gift the Mariners another equaliser !!

Link to post
39 minutes ago, sonar said:

So Sotirio has a handfull of shirt, pulls back the defender and scores, no VAR...?

Both were holding each other’s shirts, so play on I reckon. Nigro’s defending was terrible though. 
Happy with the Nix winning as it keeps the Mariners close to us. 

Link to post
43 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Nah no foul.....but he did his best on 2 occasions to gift the Mariners another equaliser !!

At least he didn't score against us!

Link to post
1 hour ago, mack said:

Red card for City. Falling apart.

3rd red card for the season and delbridge has departed. Luna, Jamieson and Stokes all got 2 yellow cards.

Link to post

so if the table had teams having playe 6 games each

Sea-Poachers are on top with 12 pts from 6 games played.

Brisbane are on 9 points from 4 games played, theoretically could be on 15 points

Wanderers are on 8 points from 5 games played, theoretically could be on 11 points.

Smurfs are on 7 points from 4 games played,  theoretically could be on 13 points

Adelaide are on 7 points from 5 games played,  theoretically could be on 10 points.

Bullsh1tters are on 7 points from 5 games played,  theoretically could be on 10 points

Perth are on 6 points from 4 games played,  theoretically could be on 12 points

Heartle$$ are on 6 points from 4 games played,  theoretically could be on 9 points.

Fraudsters are on 5 points from 4 games played, theoretically could be on 11 points

Phoenix are on 4 points from 4 games played, theoretically could be on 10 points

Melb Victory are on 4 points from 4 games played, theoretically could be on 10 points

Newcastle are on 4 points from 6 games played. 

Must win games against the Bullsh1tters, Heartle$$ and the Sea-Poachers 

Link to post
1 minute ago, Midfielder said:

Just back from the match and the feeling starting to build maybe we have a decent side this year... for the first time in quite a while the crowd was signing tonight .... 

Was just about to post the same thing. Stajic has done a great job in the off season especially in defence. No more easy beats. (Matt Simon is still a chunt hough....should of got a red v us. )

Link to post

A coach is rated over four areas…

1] Tactical knowledge and the ability to develop a game plan for whoever you are playing.

2] Management of the squad,

3] Selection of players for the squad.

4] Development of a style of play.

Staj, gets a big pass for mine on who he has let go and their replacements, difficult to see a dud in all his signings. 

His management of the squad seems very sound and he appears to have the full support of both players and staff. 

Of all the things he has done, IMO the most important is the signing of so many attacking players… we have on the park at any one time two strikers, the wide mids and the 10 who can all score and subs on the bench to replace them. This means when we attack, we have 5 players who can score and six if you count Olly from his deep lying 6 role.

To  date the game plans have work, against Poachers FC a goal off a rebound not uncommon but very hard to defend, and a sucker punch against the Nix’s when we were all over them…

On the smallest budget, he has developed a quite attacking side that is exciting to watch…

Link to post
9 hours ago, Midfielder said:

A coach is rated over four areas…

1] Tactical knowledge and the ability to develop a game plan for whoever you are playing.

2] Management of the squad,

3] Selection of players for the squad.

4] Development of a style of play.

Staj, gets a big pass for mine on who he has let go and their replacements, difficult to see a dud in all his signings. 

His management of the squad seems very sound and he appears to have the full support of both players and staff. 

Of all the things he has done, IMO the most important is the signing of so many attacking players… we have on the park at any one time two strikers, the wide mids and the 10 who can all score and subs on the bench to replace them. This means when we attack, we have 5 players who can score and six if you count Olly from his deep lying 6 role.

To  date the game plans have work, against Poachers FC a goal off a rebound not uncommon but very hard to defend, and a sucker punch against the Nix’s when we were all over them…

On the smallest budget, he has developed a quite attacking side that is exciting to watch…

His main thing is he’s got the defence sorted and the team playing as a team. I didn’t watch all of last night, but the other games have been won by defence and then hitting on the break.   Good to see Mariners back 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...