Wanderers Cop Late Equaliser Against Jets

Yeboah has lot all sorts of ball control topped off by the sideways pass that went straight out, bullshit penalty and the jets were playing rough with many calls against us.

Maybe the wet weather had a role to play in the dreadful 2nd half display but the Jets goal was coming we gave them all the possession and corner after corner. Well 2 points dropped lets hope Muller recovers for next game.

Good to hear a bit beats and chants again and the crowd were getting behind it again!

Arnie we will always boo you whenever you appear on our screen! don't take it personal its just passion.

Cox played well held up the ball but we could of buried the match with the few one on one chances staring with Cox,yeboah, need to learn how to finish!

Didn't even check my ticket and when i went to the usual spot in the RBB the seccie was like your in the wrong aisle go all the way to end! why did they move our original seats i mean no big drama but wouldn't be easier to allocate us in our original aisles!

Dorans is looking stronger and Troisi pushed up more fwd gave us that creativity, Ibini well don't know if he is clumsy his legs are too long for his own good but seems all over the place, but he finished well and deserved the goal.

Time to move and prepare for next match!

Feeling a bit lost at the moment.

Couldn't be at the game tonight but feel so dejected after that result and 2nd half performance.

Honestly I hope Yeboah f*cks off and takes his stupid Instagram photos somewhere else, he is genuinely one of the worst professional players i've watched. His sideways pass that went behind our on-running player who was in space and went out when we were on a counter-attack made me want to tear my hair out. I struggle to understand how it is physically possible to do that as a professional with that much time and space.

I officially agree with whoever said Ziegler is the worst defender at the club. Yeah the penalty was soft, but why are you lunging in like that when the player is literally back to goal and isn't a threat. Completely braindead and he always cries to the ref after every decision for half and hour.

The real Ziggy sh*ts all over Ziegler. Ziggy Gordon is the most Western Sydney Scottish bloke I know. The dude is an absolute animal. 

Natta, an 18 year old, with no previous professional experience is better than Ziegler, and he played in the bloody Bundesliga!

I can't get my head around how you can give Newcastle that pen but ours isn't. O'Toole literally puts his leg out to trip him over and he is late to the challenge. Its quite similar to the Ninkovic pen except it was with the leg rather than the upper body. Ziegler looked like he barely touched Prso but it was still an unbelievably stupid thing to do when back to goal and no real threat.

Alex King was on the VAR tonight, the same bloke who gave Ninkovic the pen on the Sydney Derby. 

Apparently the refs said that Troisi engaged the contract and thats why it wasn't given, but thats exactly what Ninkovic did? 

I don't think Troisi has been as bad as some people are saying, I don't think he has been particularly amazing either however.

I thought apart from his goal, Ibini still actually played ok, probably his best or 2nd best performance for us.

Cox was good first half but completely shat the bed in the 2nd half, hope Muller recovers very fast.

Very disappointed and frustrated, don't think there has been many if any VAR calls or major 50/50s go our way this season.

Apparently running into someone's outstretched leg counts as "initiating contact", but Ninkovic running into Troisi wasn't initiating because Troisi made a slight move to turn around to follow his marker before getting clattered into. Maybe he should have stuck out his leg and we would have won the Derby (yeah right).

WTF. If someone sticks their leg out at a player running forward and trips them that's a foul. It's in the law not even as just "trips" but also "attempts to trip". On what planet is sticking out a leg not a trip or attempt to trip? Even in the NFL or Rugby League that would have been a foul for tripping.

It's just pointless reactive lying to defend their biased/inept decisions.

We had a **** second half, we kept losing possession in crucial areas of the field, Jets were waiting for us to make a mistake so they can counter attack and that's what they did.

Dorrans and Troisi were both trash tonight. Troisi was MIA all game, Dorrans did nothing in the midfield other than giving the ball away.

As for the triple sub, was Tass really injured? If he was as CR said, why did CR insist on risking him by starting tonight to mark both Yuel and Roy? Tass was brilliant tonight and kept this 2 players at bay as did Gordon.

Now the 2 crucial penalty decisions in the game. Should the ref have awarded us the pen in the first half after Troisi was tripped? Tbh that could have gone either way, but we have seen those kind of decisions given and mainly go against us. I personally thought that pen should have been given.

For the Jets penalty, whether you disagree with the decision or not, the rules are there, make contact against the player, it's a penalty. Ziegler made contact with swinging his leg like that, it's clumsy defending and you do not get refs rewarding lazy or clumsy defending. Ziegler should have done better than sticking his leg out like that, you cannot simply do that in The box.

The draw was a fair result after that performance and Jets could have won the game as we were sitting deep, losing Muller is a massive Blow for us as he is out best player.

Edited by SBW
1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

We can whinge about the referee but we blew that game, if you let teams come on to you like that eventually you Will concede 

second half was terrible and it wasn’t the triple sub we were crap before that 

Couldn't agree more. It was dead obvious we were going to concede, we had no control over that game at all in the second half. We gave possession away like it meant nothing and invited them in constantly. 

Real worry.

6 hours ago, WHACKO said:

Should be used to it by now. Did anyone think the decision would be overturned ?

I thought VAR would show it as some play-acting (simulation). Obviously naively in retrospect 

I gotta toughen up i guess cause that shite really pisses me off. I felt like walking out at that point

5 hours ago, matty said:

Couldn't agree more. It was dead obvious we were going to concede, we had no control over that game at all in the second half. We gave possession away like it meant nothing and invited them in constantly. 

Real worry.

We like to give it to Baumjohann as being lazy in defence.....Ibini and Troisi can join him. 

No press from us in the 2nd half. Newcastle allowed to run with the ball.

Was Topor covered in spiders or something..? ,,,we gave him so much time on the ball.

Ziggy Gordon is one of our best ever defenders....a beast  at the back.

We need an effing striker.

Edited by sonar

Most has been said. Very disappointing 2nd half. I don't think longer breaks between games are very good for consistency. We've seen it in other teams with longer breaks.

The absolute lack of consistency in refereeing does my head in. We had 4 yellows to their 1. A couple of ours were incredibly soft and they did the same or worse for either nothing or just a free kick. I absolutely struggle to see how the ref has seen what he's seen or to interpret play in the way he did. There was one instance when the ball went out, deflected off them Infront of the assistant who gives us a throw, only to be overturned by the ref 40 metres away seeing something that everyone else missed!!!???!

We were not deserving of so many yellows or free kicks.

I think Robbo justified the triple sub. Tass ankle. JO'D is a solid sub and was hoping for him to come on and give us something in mid field. Kamau is frustrating but can be the best outlet in the team if he gets going. He runs very well. Perhaps might have preferred him up front rather than wingback.

26 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

There was one instance when the ball went out, deflected off them Infront of the assistant who gives us a throw, only to be overturned by the ref 40 metres away seeing something that everyone else missed!!!???!

They also overturned a WSW goal kick into a corner for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Was Topor covered in spiders or something..? ,,,we gave him so much time on the ball.

Heh. Yep their defense swarmed us when we got the ball. Ours? Its like we're saying, have a run with the ball lads. We gave them too much space 

9 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Feeling a bit lost at the moment.

Couldn't be at the game tonight but feel so dejected after that result and 2nd half performance.

Honestly I hope Yeboah f*cks off and takes his stupid Instagram photos somewhere else, he is genuinely one of the worst professional players i've watched. His sideways pass that went behind our on-running player who was in space and went out when we were on a counter-attack made me want to tear my hair out. I struggle to understand how it is physically possible to do that as a professional with that much time and space.

I officially agree with whoever said Ziegler is the worst defender at the club. Yeah the penalty was soft, but why are you lunging in like that when the player is literally back to goal and isn't a threat. Completely braindead and he always cries to the ref after every decision for half and hour.

The real Ziggy sh*ts all over Ziegler. Ziggy Gordon is the most Western Sydney Scottish bloke I know. The dude is an absolute animal. 

Natta, an 18 year old, with no previous professional experience is better than Ziegler, and he played in the bloody Bundesliga!

I can't get my head around how you can give Newcastle that pen but ours isn't. O'Toole literally puts his leg out to trip him over and he is late to the challenge. Its quite similar to the Ninkovic pen except it was with the leg rather than the upper body. Ziegler looked like he barely touched Prso but it was still an unbelievably stupid thing to do when back to goal and no real threat.

Alex King was on the VAR tonight, the same bloke who gave Ninkovic the pen on the Sydney Derby. 

Apparently the refs said that Troisi engaged the contract and thats why it wasn't given, but thats exactly what Ninkovic did? 

I don't think Troisi has been as bad as some people are saying, I don't think he has been particularly amazing either however.

I thought apart from his goal, Ibini still actually played ok, probably his best or 2nd best performance for us.

Cox was good first half but completely shat the bed in the 2nd half, hope Muller recovers very fast.

Very disappointed and frustrated, don't think there has been many if any VAR calls or major 50/50s go our way this season.

I officially agree with whoever said Ziegler is the worst defender at the club...

that would be me. Terrible player. 

Are there positives?, that central back line with Ziggy, Natta &Tass is gelling nicely (still McGowan to come back in), cannot underestimate the effect Ziggy Gordon is instilling there, easily one of the best buys of recent seasons.

hope? well maybe Brucie can find the form pre covid, it's in there somewhere, he's a confidence player.

As per the Jets, well yeah they deserved a point i suppose, still like Topor....................don't like Boooogard. 

8 hours ago, matty said:

Real worry.

It was just like last season the second half. Cox had a good game first half but was done by around 60th min I reckon.

If he was still in 1st or 2nd division in UK he would definitely be a from the bench player now...not a full 90 man...

2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Just about sums him up....CR didn't look impressed at all.

I know that CR doesn't have  that many options , but surely after last nights performance from Yeboah he must that he is a lost cause  . IMO he doesn't even deserve a place on the bench. Also was watching Georgievski warming  up and also at half time on the pitch with the other subs.  Body language and general demeaner didn't look the best.   

it is tough to say this because he seems like he is a decent guy - but zeigler can't compete physically in our league anymore. injuries have robbed him of the agility you need to be able to change direction, body shape, turn, speed up, slow down etc. you can't defend if you can't move your feet quickly enough to shift position and stay with your man. he has been like this for pretty much the whole time he has been at the club and I really do question the wisdom of signing him in the first place because surely this would have been evident on tape. Last night was just the latest piece of evidence for this.

the bloke has had multiple knee surgeries - sometimes people come back pretty much as they are and some need to go play O35's.

Just now, jockman said:

I know that CR doesn't have  that many options , but surely after last nights performance from Yeboah he must that he is a lost cause  . IMO he doesn't even deserve a place on the bench. Also was watching Georgievski warming  up and also at half time on the pitch with the other subs.  Body language and general demeaner didn't look the best.   

After the effort last night no one will ever convince me that Mo Adam is worse than Yeboah.

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

I officially agree with whoever said Ziegler is the worst defender at the club...

that would be me. Terrible player. 

Not the only one. The only thing he's done for how many years he's been here is to finally become an Australian citizen.